The Book of Flemingovia

When something happens in the region to comment on, I will be there - rest assured. But the constitutional government seems pretty stagnant at the moment, doesn't it?

Not much is going on in TNP. In fact, it is unusually quiet. And that's usually when all Hell breaks loose.

Chapter 11: McMasterdonia's fall from grace.

1.And it came to pass that in the second term of McMasterdonia, he spake unto the people. And these are the words that he spoke:
2.“I am McMasterdonia, anointed by Flemingovia to be king over you. But I am a loving and wise king, and I do not wish to rule over you with an iron rod. So Lo, I will allow you to elect for yourselves an Executive council to advise me and to act as a cabinet.
3.And the people saw that it was good.
4.And eluvatar sorted out a voting system for the election. And nobody understood the voting system, and so saw that it was wise.
5.And the people voted.
6.And the result of the election was announced. And the first person they elected was Eluvatar.
7.For the people had said “Eluvatar is wise and clever. Besides which, he invented the maths that decided the vote, so it must be fair.” And they cheered Eluvatar the Incomprehensible.
8.And the second person they elected was Alvino. And the people saw that he was handsome of face and rugged of body. He was a mighty warrior. He had arms like tree trunks and was hung like a donkey. So they saw that it was Good and they cheered Alvino the massively hung.
9.And the third person they elected was KiwiTaicho. And the people looked on KiwiTaicho, and they saw that he was young and respectful of his elders. And they said “he will grow into a wise leader.” And they cheered KiwiTaicho.
10.And the fourth person they elected was Mall. Now Mall was a shrewd fighter, captain of a thousand warriors, who once broke the kneecaps of twenty men with one blow from a soup ladle. And the people looked on this commander of men, and they cheered.
11.And the fifth person they elected was Govindia. Now Govindia had promised to serve with responsibility, activity, communication, integrity, strength and teamwork. And the people had looked on his campaign and decided that it was good. And the people cheered.
12.And McMasterdonia interrupted the cheers of the people, and he spoke.
13.And he said “are you serious?”
14.And the people said “what do you mean?”
15.And McMasterdonia said “you cannot elect Govindia!”
16.And the people replied “we just did. You said we could choose.”
17.And McMasterdonia said “you can choose, so long as you choose the right people. You have chosen the wrong person. Therefore I have chatted with some of my buddies on #TNP and we have decided that I will choose for you. For thirty of you have voted, but under the election maths I get thirty one votes. So I outvote you, for you are stupid cunts who vote WRONG.
18.And the people said. “Hast thou looked up “democracy” in a dictionary recently?”
19.And McMasterdonia said “I will give you “democracy”, you thick bastards. Romanoffia will rule on the council instead of Govindia.
20.And the people looked on Romanoffia, and they saw that he was not a great warrior, and did not offer integrity or activity or any of the things that Govindia had offered. But lo, his face fitted and Govindia’s did not.
21.And the people said “are not these the same people who complained that the Flemingovian constitution is undemocratic?
22.And the people looked up “hypocrite” in the dictionary.
23.And they saw that it was so.

24. And the Cheese God displaced and sent the Flemingovians into exile to wander in the desert for 64 and 1/2 years for their transgressions. :p

flemingovia:
Chapter 11: McMasterdonia's fall from grace.

1.And it came to pass that in the second term of McMasterdonia, he spake unto the people. And these are the words that he spoke:
2.“I am McMasterdonia, anointed by Flemingovia to be king over you. But I am a loving and wise king, and I do not wish to rule over you with an iron rod. So Lo, I will allow you to elect for yourselves an Executive council to advise me and to act as a cabinet.
3.And the people saw that it was good.
4.And eluvatar sorted out a voting system for the election. And nobody understood the voting system, and so saw that it was wise.
5.And the people voted.
6.And the result of the election was announced. And the first person they elected was Eluvatar.
7.For the people had said “Eluvatar is wise and clever. Besides which, he invented the maths that decided the vote, so it must be fair.” And they cheered Eluvatar the Incomprehensible.
8.And the second person they elected was Alvino. And the people saw that he was handsome of face and rugged of body. He was a mighty warrior. He had arms like tree trunks and was hung like a donkey. So they saw that it was Good and they cheered Alvino the massively hung.
9.And the third person they elected was KiwiTaicho. And the people looked on KiwiTaicho, and they saw that he was young and respectful of his elders. And they said “he will grow into a wise leader.” And they cheered KiwiTaicho.
10.And the fourth person they elected was Mall. Now Mall was a shrewd fighter, captain of a thousand warriors, who once broke the kneecaps of twenty men with one blow from a soup ladle. And the people looked on this commander of men, and they cheered.
11.And the fifth person they elected was Govindia. Now Govindia had promised to serve with responsibility, activity, communication, integrity, strength and teamwork. And the people had looked on his campaign and decided that it was good. And the people cheered.
12.And McMasterdonia interrupted the cheers of the people, and he spoke.
13.And he said “are you serious?”
14.And the people said “what do you mean?”
15.And McMasterdonia said “you cannot elect Govindia!”
16.And the people replied “we just did. You said we could choose.”
17.And McMasterdonia said “you can choose, so long as you choose the right people. You have chosen the wrong person. Therefore I have chatted with some of my buddies on #TNP and we have decided that I will choose for you. For thirty of you have voted, but under the election maths I get thirty one votes. So I outvote you, for you are stupid cunts who vote WRONG.
18.And the people said. “Hast thou looked up “democracy” in a dictionary recently?”
19.And McMasterdonia said “I will give you “democracy”, you thick bastards. Romanoffia will rule on the council instead of Govindia.
20.And the people looked on Romanoffia, and they saw that he was not a great warrior, and did not offer integrity or activity or any of the things that Govindia had offered. But lo, his face fitted and Govindia’s did not.
21.And the people said “are not these the same people who complained that the Flemingovian constitution is undemocratic?
22.And the people looked up “hypocrite” in the dictionary.
23.And they saw that it was so.
This is one verse I will truly agree with.

The final chapter

1. And it came to pass that Flemingovia said unto the people, let us make a union between the my church and the state, and let the region reap the benefits thereof.

2. And the people rejoiced and said "it is good to our eyes. Let us see blessings on our region."

3. But there was in the land one who feared neither God nor the courts, for he was untouchable. He it was who defied the Justice saying "thou art as shit on the sole of my shoe; I shall not come to court, even though thou summonest me."

4. and the justice feared with a great fear, and though many said that he should deal harshly with the untouchable one, he whimpered and did nothing.

5. So the power of the Untouchable one grew in the region, and he said unto the people "Do not allow Flemingovianism to be your state religion for lo, I believe this would be a bad thing, for it might lead to enjoyment and activity.

6. And many of the people listened to the murmurings. And on IRC they said unto Flemingovia "why do you go on about it all the fucking time?" and "I feel like giving you a slap in the face" and other things.

6. So the people turned their back on Flemingovia and said "the untouchable one is more powerful than the courts. We will follow his counsel."

7. And they voted not to recognise the church of Flemingovia.

8. So Flemingovia thought long and hard, and he said "It is clear that the people are growing tired of Flemingovianism. It is time to find a new people and a new region who will enjoy what Flemingovianism has to offer.

9. and across the Pacific waters he saw the land of Osiris. And he said "I will take my temple and my scriptures and my hymn book there. And perhaps it will be more fun than TNP has become recently.

10. So he did.

11. So this book is at an end. A New Testament begins in Osiris.

Finis

Flem, here you were (are) our only god. Now you're going to a region where even if official at any point, you will play a secondary role.

Good luck and remember your chosen people, I mean your formerly chosen people...

Lennart:
Flem, here you were (are) our only god. Now you're going to a region where even if official at any point, you will play a secondary role.

Good luck and remember your chosen people, I mean your formerly chosen people...
Don't forget, you still have the cheese god. I am sure that will make you the envy of the Nationstates world.

It depeneds if we believe that God can really abandon his people...God is all around us, watching us at all times

Flemgod can never truly leave this region :P

mcmasterdonia:
It depeneds if we believe that God can really abandon his people...God is all around us, watching us at all times

Flemgod can never truly leave this region :P
I sense a reawakening is at hand.

:flemingovia1:

I want to see this compiled into one factbook, to make it easier to read.

Back