My Term As Speaker

Abstain

TNPer
As I stated in my campaign thread I plan on introducing a number of various changes. To that end I'll be pushing to make sure 2 things happen.

1) I want to have the RA go over all existing laws to clean them up.

2) Have something drafted from the Constitutional Committee and put it up for vote. It has been in progress for over 3 month now and nothing has come from it.

With the reorganization of the forums this needs to be updated. Below are all the subforums of the RA and what goes in each.

Regional Assembly - This is the main lobby and contains various policies and announcements from the office of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker. Only make a new topic here if you have questions on RA policy or procedure.

The Laws - This is simply a redirect to the laws of the region. This includes the Bill of Rights, Constitution, Legal Code, Regional Assembly Procedures, and any Treaties.

Membership Rolls - Another redirect forum. This time leading to the current roster of the Regional Assembly.

Lobby - This replaces the old NationStates Discussion subforum and is for the discussion of happenings in game and the region. It can also be used to discuss legislation and proposal ideas with the rest of the region. It also contain

Issues - For the discussion of the issues your nation gets each day. Beware, there may be spoilers.

Meeting Chambers - The main place to discuss and propose ideas and changes to the region's laws. Anyone not in the Regional Assembly can't post here. It also contains the subforums Constitution

Constitution Committee - Here is where things are being done to create a new constitution and set of laws. If you have any idea of what we should do if the slate was wiped clean post them here.

Private Halls - For discussion on issues relating to regional security. Any discussions here cannot be seen by those outside the Regional Assembly.

Voting Floor - This is where all voting will happen. There will be no debates or discussions in here.

A couple of things I'd like to add to this to make things easier to keep track of. These are just recommendations but following them would help greatly.

1) As has been done with the Recall of BW vote please post any vote changes in a new post. In addition I would ask that anyone changing their vote to edit their old post and use the strike through tag in their old vote.

2) Please refrain from posting comments in voting threads. A short sentence or two with your vote if acceptable but please keep it short and have it separated from your vote by a line or two.

3) To make you vote more clear you can use "/me" and bold your vote. I'll be posting the code to go do this with each vote.

Back