Wholesale Revision

An easy solution is to just move and archive threads that have been silent for a certain period of time. Prevents the obnoxious habit of grave-digging irrelevant material.

If nobody else wants to do this then I am going to volunteer, but I would like to take it further by restructuring the entire Welcome Center forum to make it easier to navigate and understand for new player.

Felesia, you can do whatever you like with the individual threads in the FAQs subforum.
Since the general Welcome subforum is most often used by new forum members and/or gr game players, talk to the admin before changing that element.

You'll have regular mods powers which will allow threads to be pinned, unpinned, spilt, merged, and archived, and the ability to move and edit posts. Neither threads nor posts can be deleted.

If you can work with that, I'll set up a moderator permission for just this forum.

Well, I want to merge The North Pacific FAQs and welcome center. It's rather confusing that we don't merge some of this facts since it's connected and that we have a separate inside forum for information that should be in the same page as the Welcome center so that it's easy for new player to read.

Let's wait and see what we end up with for content before making a decision on the FAQs subforum. There were different threads for different formats of information, and I'd rather focus first on getting the information content current.

You may find that one thread or one document will be too unwieldy to work with, as I recall that's what Tresville discovered when he worked on getting it all updated before.

Felesia, I'm going to give you the mod permissions for this area so you can get started.

Okay, I plan to start working on this during the weekend so if anybody have ideas on what should be add into FAQ then post it here so I know.

Back