The Democratic Confederation of The North Pacific

In the weeks before I was elected Delegate of The North Pacific, many of us have watched with increasing concern as a self-appointed group has seized control of the judiciary, taken control of the Regional Assembly, and imported new residents who have little connection with and hold little value in the longstanding democratic traditions and principles of this, our home region.

They call themselves merely a political party. But if one pays attention to history, and particularly history here, that gives rise to a sense of foreboding, an atmosphere of skepticism, and a feeling that all is not what it seems with the so-called Progressive Party of The North Pacific.

Many elements of the proposals they have so far laid before the regional community would deprive most of the resident nations of The North Pacific of their hard fought and hard won rights and liberties, deprive them of a voice in the government of the region, and reduce their democratic system into an autocratic regime in which dissent would not be tolerated because the only point of view that would be tolerated would be that of the so-called PPTNP. They would take away the basic laws that bound all our officials by oath to protect our governing documents, our regional flag, and our regional holidays by which we honor our history and those who fought for us throughout our history as a democratic society.

The recent draft of the rules they propose to use for a constituent assembly located far away from the community's home forums is yet another cause for great concern. These forums weren't picked by some small group; their founding were the result of a vote of the entire TNP community that participated a few months previously in the Great Constitutional Convention of 2005.

Their unwillingness to disclose what it is they would have TNP become is likewise of great concern. They complain about the weaknesses in the current Constitution and they make other complaints about how they think it is such an impossible document that it is better to sweep away all our laws and all our traditions for that like a region alien to many of us and who, in the past waged war against our home region?

During these past several weeks many have watched this group proceed on his hidden agenda that they refuse to admit. But as much as many of us distrust political parties, given how such institutions were abused by tyrants such as Cathyy and Insane Power during the Pixiedance dictatorship, we do need a counterweight to this emerging hegemony that would destroy a true democracy resident in The North Pacific.

I have participated in many of the battles that brought constitutional democracy and freedom to The North Pacific. Being elected and serving as Delegate is the last honor I have planned to seek, and will ever seek from my fellow citizens of The North Pacific. But it would betray everything I believe in and have fought for, to stand by and watch those whose conduct and goals appears inconsistent with the proud and democratic traditions of The North Pacific destroy those values for their own profit and benefit.

If you are a resident of The North Pacific, if you cherish your hard-won democracy and freedoms with a government bound to protect your rights and liberties preserved in the Bill of Rights, and if you want to perfect your government through the voice of the government and not by a clique of partisans who seek to subvert democracy and freedoms, this is the time, this is the place, to come together, to organize and to be heard in the defense of a democratic The North Pacific. We need to confederate ourselves to this.common purpose, and we must do so now.

repaired keyboard allows me to edit and fix typos.

This is kinda verging on slander.. full of paranoid fears and giving PPTNP far too much credit.. but good luck with that.

I am not impressed with the libel against my party!

Democracy is central to the party's functioning, and the party supports democracy in the North Pacific.

I have long supported Democracy -- at least as efficaciously, I believe, as our current Delegate. I have fought for it. I have held fast against would-be oppressors in the Empire or Gatesville.

I am deeply insulted by the claim that I would plot to end democracy in the North Pacific in favor of a totalitarian regime.

I made you a banner!

The_Paranoid_Party.png

Grosseschnauzer:
Many elements of the proposals they have so far laid before the regional community would deprive most of the resident nations of The North Pacific of their hard fought and hard won rights and liberties, deprive them of a voice in the government of the region, and reduce their democratic system into an autocratic regime in which dissent wiuld not be tolerated because the only point of view that would be tolerated would be that of the so-called PPTNP.

They are going to take away all your Second Amendment Rights! Hold on to your guns tight boys, this is going to be a bumpy ride! :lol:

:ph34r:

Political parties are the substance of a democracy; fear of them breeds oppression and tyranny. This is a region based on democracy, so let democracy work. It's an interesting phenomenon about democracy—you can't control it; it goes where it goes. The best that can be hoped is that the good of the people is always at the forefront, rather than the good of the one.

Edited by Jenny, wife

I think you're being a tad unfair, Grosse .. these our members of the Assembly, legitimate members who want to see change and want to do it by respecting the constitution and the system that TNP has written down in law to create change. Part of being a leader (I'm sure you've lead more governments than me, so I'm preaching to the choir) is respecting the opinions of your Assembly members however much you disagree, so long as their opinions respect the system you've been dutifully invested with the responsibility to protect. They may not like what the North Pacific is today, but they want to respect transforming it through the means that the North Pacific today recognizes as legitimate and proper. Labelling such members of the Assembly who you're suppose to lead as 'bogiemen' seems to be rather tasteless when you're in a position of representing both the side of TNP you agree with and the side of TNP that you disagree with.

Perhaps not making this a battle of entrenched pride but a legitimate discourse where we're not in a political war, but individuals trying to reform the government for a stronger union, would be more beneficial and constructive. With this political calculus, Grosse, it will either be all or nothing... if you don't like the plan that the party has envisioned, you're betting that you win.. because if your political estimate fails .. the winner will take all. Unless you think you have 'political victory' clenched, I think the rational thing to do would be to engage in real dialogue and work with the party to form some acceptable concession-making.

moo-cows with guns:
:ph34r:

Political parties are the substance of a democracy; fear of them breeds oppression and tyranny. This is a region based on democracy, so let democracy work. It's an interesting phenomenon about democracy—you can't control it; it goes where it goes. The best that can be hoped is that the good of the people is always at the forefront, rather than the good of the one.

Edited by Jenny, wife
Definitely agreed all the way, but one must wonder when the manifesto of any party is pretty much nothing more than a paranoia-fueled rant.

The last paragraph ALONE sounds like a declaration to go rogue.

EDIT-

Gross's manifesto:
and if you want to perfect your government through the voice of the government

I always believed that it was the voice of the people that mattered. So who's going against the democracy here?

I am personally hoping it's a minor lapse in judgment. Allow the region to create its own parties and situations. By no means does the delegate have to agree with it, but when a feeder chooses democracy, he/she must allow the region to do so. To condemn it is one thing. To inhibit and/or stop it is to cut the very threads of democracy and plunge the region into the depths of totalitarianism.

For those whose primary concern is for the democracy and liberty of The North Pacific, I say to them that we show the flag in our signatures:

the_north_pacific__434062.png

Whoa now. This is intended to be a political party, yes? I think it's inappropriate for a political party to use, unaltered, the flag the region as the flag of the party. PPTNP members are just as much members of TNP as you are.

Grosseschnauzer:
Better the North Pacific Blue than the Progressive Party Red.
Dear Todd,

I don't think it was a minor lapse in judgement. She is still going on about it.

:huh:

Signed,
Haxstree

...and imported new residents who have little connection with and hold little value in the longstanding democratic traditions and principles of this, our home region.

I beg your pardon, I have been a former resident, former RA, former MoIIA, former MoC, former part of the Security Council, Lieutenant Colonel of the former NPA, part of the Diplomatic Corps under Haor Chall, and the list goes on.
I don't think it is just right to generalize like that.

Okay, why on EARTH does anybody give a crap about the colour? I think the issue is more the suggestion that to be a patriotic TNP member you have to support Grosse's campaign against my chosen party, which is, quite frankly bullshit.

On a serious note, though:

Gross, I'd like you to address each of these ProP members and state exactly what you think their individual involvement in some kind of evil plan to take over the region is. If not for my entertainment, then at least in an attempt to validate your accusations.

1. Eluvatar
2. Gulliver
3. Dalimbar (Dali)
4. Whamabama
5. A Mean Old Man (AMOM)
6. Haxstree
7. Felasia
8. Greater Peterstan
9. Grimalkin (Agamemnon)
10. Blue Wolf II (Blue_Wolf)
11. Dyr Nasad (Dyr)
12. Oliver
13. Harmoneia
14. New Kervoskia (RabbiCellophane)
15. Todd McCloud
16. Moo-Cows with guns (MooCows)

A mean old man:
Gross, I'd like you to address each of these ProP members and state exactly what you think their individual involvement in some kind of evil plan to take over the region is. If not for my entertainment, then at least in an attempt to validate your accusations.
I'd do it for your entertainment, but I don't know what all of Gross's reasons are.

It is easy:

1. Eluvatar:Head of the elite JANUS mind control operation based at NATO headquarters in Belgium which trains mind-controlled psychic assassins;shape-shifter.

2. Gulliver:head of the CIA, and a stream of other leading roles in the Illuminati. Mind controller,shape-shifting reptilian, and major drug runner.

3. Dalimbar (Dali): This is the code-name of one of the foremost Illuminati human sacrificers and operatives (See The Biggest Secret). High Illuminati.

4. Whamabama Illuminati, Satanist, serious blood drinker. Reptilian shapeshifter.

5. A Mean Old Man (AMOM)Brutal abuser of mind controlled slaves. You can tell by the name.

6. Haxstree: one of the Illuminati's foremost master minds of the agenda. Satanist, mind controller; creator of wars of mass murder and destruction. Shape-shifter.

7. Felasia: now working in the US for the Illuminati Gorbachev Foundation which campaigns for World government, world army, etc., etc. Satanist and shape-shifting reptilian.

8. Greater Peterstan: Mind controller. Reptillian,

9. Grimalkin (Agamemnon): heads the dynasty and he is one of the top trauma-based mind controllers in the world. They are shape-shifting reptilians.

10. Blue Wolf II (Blue_Wolf): Nah. He's fine.

11. Dyr Nasad (Dyr): mind-controlled slave handler, and manipulator of the "entertainment industry" on behalf of the Illuminati.

12. Oliver: shape-shifting reptilian. Major Illuminati figure.

13. Harmoneia: shapeshifting reptilian. Illuminati

14. New Kervoskia (RabbiCellophane): country music singer. Satanist

15. Todd McCloud: Not seen to shape-shift.

16. Moo-Cows with guns (MooCows): Mind controller. Reptillian, Illuminati

actually prop is more like group of dead eaters than illuminati i am almost certain who is voldemort and which one is snape there are many possible candidates for belatrix though

Back