Message From the Delegate

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have heard it said many times that TNP is dying. I have come today to inform you that TNP is dead.

Her forum seldom sees more than three native posts per day. Her ministers and justices shirk their responsibilities, crippling the government’s ability to function. Her embassies abroad sit vacant. Her Delegate disappears for days at a time when his endocount is so low that he can be overtaken by a lone endoswapper. Her leadership in general is so apathetic towards the region’s interests that when confronted with a potential rogue, they pull the blankets tight around their heads and quiet like frightened children warding off an invisible monster.

TNP has been sacked, and all are quiet. Surely, this is the end.

Yet, it need not be. The power to change and create is still within all of us, native and foreigner alike. We can begin to refound this region: one post, one endorsement, one nation at a time. But, I can’t do it for you. And, I can’t do it alone. For those of you who are disgusted with TNP’s current state, now is the time to join together to improve it.

To that end, I am pleased to announce what is painfully obvious to me and the overwhelming majority of the NS community. The government of TNP is disbanded. Its Constitution and Legal Code are rescinded. It’s forum is no longer of any use. I do not have the power to shut it down, but I sure as Hell don’t have to advertise for it.

We will be launching a new forum in short order. I hope to have it available before the next update. The initial purpose of this forum will be to propose, explore and build consensus for a new model of democratic government – one that is small enough to meet our current needs, yet flexible enough to expand along with our region.

All are welcome to join and partake in the creation of a new TNP. Watch the RMB and WFE for more details.

Make no mistake, if we fail at this, we are doomed to watch a never ending train of successive rogues and foreign powers play King of the Hill with our region. Whether native or foreign, if you care enough about TNP to loiter in its dead forums or sift through the spam on the RMB and read this address, your activity, ideas and leadership are sorely needed.

Thank you all for your time.

SJ

Good Luck, Joe and TNP.

Remember, TWP has a fantastic bartender and Eli pays all the tab, karaoke on Fridays and unending chocolate and cookies. The only requirement is you sing on Fridays, refrain from BADSpam and give props to Winni on Sundays. ;)

Drop by and relax for a bit, if you are in the mood.

But the broccoli does not dance!

Why must you force the koala and the tortoise to eat the checkers? All is purple! All is purple.

Woe to the shoelace!

Serious query: What distinguishes your attempt to invigorate the region from the others that have failed?

I agree with what you say, but I don't see this as a problem of our region, but NS in general, this game is, and has been, on its death-bed for years.

With all that said, I'll see you on your new forum.

Edit: I am happy the government got disbanded, that thing was useless.

Democratic Donkeys:
Serious query: What distinguishes your attempt to invigorate the region from the others that have failed?

I agree with what you say, but I don't see this as a problem of our region, but NS in general, this game is, and has been, on its death-bed for years.

With all that said, I'll see you on your new forum.

Edit: I am happy the government got disbanded, that thing was useless.
One word: Democracy.

The other attempts involved egomaniac tyrants who wanted to create NPO v2. It didn't work.

Democracy is key to the activity of a region, if the government functions.

btw, the new forum http://z7.invisionfree.com/NSTNP/index.php?showforum=10

If you propose to be a democracy, why do you threaten to ban the endorsers of Ermarian?

I think the willingness to mass eject precludes democratic intent. Some ends to not justify some means.

It's just an interpretation of 'Democracy' in which a tiny opportunistic minority acts like a mob when they blunder into power?

Romanoffia:
It's just an interpretation of 'Democracy' in which a tiny opportunistic minority acts like a mob when they blunder into power?
How do all government start? Our forum is a forum of ideas, we aren't asking for a show of hands. We want to convince people that our system will work better than the stagnated, reactionary, non moving and apathetic system that exists on *this* forum.

You say our system as if you've already chosen what will happen and are merely waiting to get enough people to look at it before you stamp it into place.

You ask for ideas and possibilities while then talking as if your mind is made up

HEM:
Romanoffia:
How do all government start? Our forum is a forum of ideas, we aren't asking for a show of hands. We want to convince people that our system will work better than the stagnated, reactionary, non moving and apathetic system that exists on *this* forum.
Granted. Another example of what I said years ago numerous times - democracy isn't a spectator sport. And if one snoozes, one loses. So, essentially what has happened is people didn't pay attention to what was going on and became spectators or less than spectators. I'm afraid that the current situation is exempt from the excuse of "What happened? We didn't even see this coming!"

I've been inactive for a long time due to RL taking up too much of my time but I can honestly say I saw this coming mainly because this is almost exactly the same thing that has happened before and will probably continue to happen over and over again. It's just the natural order of things. When the contest develops, I hope it will be a civil one.

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my address above.

All are welcome to participate in the process of recreating this region. More to the point, the members of this forum are not only welcome, but encouraged, to participate. You will not be treated any differently than any other member of the new forum.

Or, you can decide to boycott the process. In which case, my delegacy may fail. However, all of you will be returned to where you were before my endocount surpassed NKs. You will be back to seeing one or two posts a day on this forum. You will be returned to an RMB board flooded with spam. You will find yourselves seeking court injunctions against vagrant ministers. Ultimately, you will find yourselves beneath the heel of a far more malignant Delegate.

Either way, you face a choice. Share the region or bury it. I hope you choose wisely.

Shoeless Joe:
Perhaps I should have been clearer in my address above.

All are welcome to participate in the process of recreating this region. More to the point, the members of this forum are not only welcome, but encouraged, to participate. You will not be treated any differently than any other member of the new forum.

Or, you can decide to boycott the process. In which case, my delegacy may fail. However, all of you will be returned to where you were before my endocount surpassed NKs. You will be back to seeing one or two posts a day on this forum. You will be returned to an RMB board flooded with spam. You will find yourselves seeking court injunctions against vagrant ministers. Ultimately, you will find yourselves beneath the heel of a far more malignant Delegate.

Either way, you face a choice. Share the region or bury it. I hope you choose wisely.
I think you are going about this the wrong way. You would get more mileage out of it if you conducted the matter here on this forum mainly because you are more likely to get more results by seeking continuity and legitimacy than by simply trying to create a whole new thing from scratch and attempting to dictate what you want.

I agree in principle with your goals for getting this region more active but I disagree with your methods and means. I have no problem with participating in the discussion on your forum and hearing what your side has to say. I largely agree with your view of the Constitution and the excessive layers of government, but I think that you would get a larger and more cooperative audience to hear what you have to say if you discussed the matter here instead of enforcing a foreign forum on the region. The path you are taking now will inevitably lead to yet another civil war that leads us open to yet another opportunistic invasion. And then we really end up with a mess.

A couple of us here are going to come up with something that we think is workable, efficient, effective, stable and yet not bore the hell out of everyone. Again, I agree that something has to be done but it is preferable that there be continuity and not wholesale revolution as you have embarked upon.

Either way, whether or not you survive as delegate won't have any bearing about change happening. I'm not trying to be adversarial but rather practical. I think the RA can here can be pulled together to streamline the Constitution. Either way, having seized the Delegacy you, or anyone else who happens to seize it from you has a responsibility to TNP to keep it secure and not to weaken it in terms of defense.

Again, democracy or anything in the realm of politics is not a spectator sport and those of us who hold the government here as being the legitimate government intend to participate in that democracy. I'm also sure that those of us here who are serious enough to participate at this point will be more than willing to hear your input also.

In the mean time, I agree that this government through inactivity has become dysfunctional and on the point of totally abdicating government altogether. I intend to do everything I can to prevent that from being the case and there are others who feel the same way about that point. It is my belief that the government as a whole needs to be reduced in size to a limited number of officials. I think a Constitution that is less than 500 words and an equally limited governmental structure can be achieved and continuity maintained.

Thank you for that well thought out, articulate post, Roman. While I do not agree with some of what you have said, I do appreciate the spirit in which it was said.

I would speak more to the points you have made about the propriety of my actions, but I do not want to distract from my most recent post. Understand, I am willing to discuss that subject with you, but not here.

I've watched several of these coups now, and I think the biggest reason new delegates switch to new forums is the near impossibility of getting things done with forum administration here.

It's not that TNP has bad people as admins. I know each of them are trustworthy and care about the region. But they have a tendency to vanish... and nothing ruins momentum in a region like the inability to get even a simple masking change. If you have an active government and an inactive admin team, the former can't do its job. And it won't stay active long, just out of sheer frustration at being unable to accomplish something as simple as masking citizens.

Even when the governmental changes delegates are suggesting would be welcome to the forum administrators, the admin team can impede all progress quite effectively just by not being around. That's why people with new ideas take them to a new forum, even when they honestly want to work with everyone here - because on a new forum, stuff can actually get done.

My thoughts, anyway. *shrugs* Can't speak for SJ.

Actually, the last day that I did not visit the TNP forum in the past three months was friday/yesterday when I was at a funeral.

Any request made to the administration in the past month or two has been acted on within hours.

Not what I would call inactive, but meh, spin away.

FWIW the administration were nearly always present and prompt throughout my term. There were one or two small issues near the beginning of it that were mostly caused by my own failure to communicate them.

when I couldn't remember my password, Flem was pretty quick to help me out. But everyone knows he has the hots for me, so that's probably not a great example.

I've never heard anyone raise issues with the administration team here, to do so is frankly laughable considering the time and effort our administrators put into this forum.

Seriously, do people actually plan these 'coups' because they just get worse and worse. Someone who has been on these forums for three years and done more or less nothing lecturing people on activity, it is quite humourous and yet these kids expect, no, demand that we give them attention. It is quite pitiful but there seems to be a conveyor belt of juveniles clamouring from attention. I am not meaning to say I blame these individuals for their attempts at holding the delegacy and making TNP their little toy, I blame the homes they come from. If we can address the underlying causes that leave these youths with little else to do than tamper with our lovely little community then maybe we can alleviate the issues that trouble them.

The symptoms are evident in that even once they've created their own forums as a consequence of supposed inactivity and death of these boards they still see the need to check back to these forums and post to numerous threads. It is a self-refuting idea to do so and illegitimises their poor-drawn conclusions and hastily thrown-together statements. I have no objections or outrage to them taking these actions, merely sympathy and a hope that their personal issues resolve themselves promptly so they can hand us back our delegacy; pick the toys up and put them back in the pram.

Romanoffania was spot on when he said the manner of this is all wrong.

HEM wasn't allowed to participate in the last election and now we have this

HEM I would have supported and voted for you in the next election had you waited to stand.

You cannot force your new ideas and regime down the throats of the people here. Human beings are too stubborn. Change from within not from without - too many people have put time and energy in the region.

That aside its all good fun and hopefully whatever happens we'll be able to end the regional assembly and the constitution completely :D

You anarchist! :lol:

All we have to do is to simplify the structure of the government (reduce the number of elected officials and functionaries), re-order the legal code a bit and simplify the constitution into a five minute read instead of something that resemble an Amway marketing plan.

Also, I think that any trials of SJ, HEM, et al, would be an unproductive waste of time. This is essentially a no-harm-no-foul situation that had the beneficial effect of getting people to actually participate again.

flemingovia:
Actually, the last day that I did not visit the TNP forum in the past three months was friday/yesterday when I was at a funeral.

Any request made to the administration in the past month or two has been acted on within hours.

Not what I would call inactive, but meh, spin away.
No spin intended, Flem. Clearly I'm not involved here except to snoop around when there's drama, and therefore not speaking from first-hand experience.

But stories of waiting weeks to months for governmental masking changes persist. *shrugs* If y'all say it's not so, then I suppose I have been misinformed, and shall have to scold the folks on IRC for misleading me.

Have some cookies, with my apologies for any undue offense.
e495.gif

There have been delays - usually when people assume that telepathically know that a remasking needs to be done, or something like that.

While I am, of course, pleased that people are in awe of my superpowers, I find that a PM to me usually produces prompter results than waiting for me to realise what needs doing by osmosis, or stygmatosis, or osteoperosis, or whatever osis it is.

Thanks for the cookies.

Back