Say hello, wave goodbye

Came here in April '05 during Pixiedance. Back then I had just started studying.

Since then, I've moved about four times, broke off studying, learned a bit about statistics, public speaking and information theory, started studying again elsewhere, and had all kinds of fun over all.

Oh, and I let all my nations die approximately 3-4 times over the past five years. Fortunately, they instituted the automatic revival shortly after I did it the last time in November 09, because the mods were understandably getting kind of pissy about it.

I just thought it would be a good idea to make a post for the great reunion. It's been 10 mounth since my last post. It may be as long till my next one.

just thought i would add that ive gotten engaged, im doing miserably in school and just in general things are going well(though popping into IRC every so often has proven uneventful)

:hello: Blimey, have been away from NationStates for 5 months due to PC/Connection problems but just had to post here!

This is still the greatest region in NS, was a great honour to be delegate here for 2 months (February-April 2004.)

All the best for the future! :worship:

(Oh and just like Of the US, I got engaged recently too! :) )

Cheer's,

I started here when The Twoslit Experiment was delegate and was defence minister for a while.

I spend most of my time with family and a General Ledger so not a lot of time to come around

Hi! It's so great to see everyone. I've missed you!!!

I started my own business last year and although it's rewarding, I find I put in way more hours now than I did when I was working for someone else. If any of you are eBay shoppers, I'm 2000joni, so add me to your favorites.

nice to see this is still working,

*az waves*, long time ago i looked in, but cool to see some ol avatars here again.

still in germany , acting a bit, and havin fun... :hello:

"Those who are dead...are not dead..they're just living in my head" - Coldplay

That just seemed to fit. Hey people! I still speak to a bunch of you so......

**Cisco dips Dark in chocolate and feeds her to ----> >|P **

Hi everybody!

This thread is a little old but, gravedigging here we go.

My most fun time in NS was spent in this region. The people were very committed here and there always seemed to be a challenge of some sort.

One thing I don't know but really want to know...who was behind Stars of Sky?

I'm making a little comeback in TWP and had my start in May 2004. Just read a 'history' I wrote in 2005, can't believe so much has happened between now and then.

Stars of Sky was Pope Hope and Unistrut. The pics were of one of Mike's ex girlfriends. Heather wrote most of the dialogue. Both of them had UN nations elsewhere at the time and were thus cheaters. Oh well.

Anyway, I am Ivan. I did some stuff in this game and in a few others. That about sums it up I guess.

Recently retired in RL at the ripe old age of 33 and am back in school full-time working on my PhD in History.

Not really sure what I am doing here, I haven't been very active in NS for over a year, since my last stint as part of the dictatorship in TWP as That Called the Vlagh and as part of the Empire in TEP as Darkseid. Oh, and I was Chief Justice here and in The Pacific Senate then as well for a bit I think.

Contemplating restarting The Meritocracy since I don't really have any other ambitions in NS at present.

Stars of Sky was Pope Hope and Unistrut. The pics were of one of Mike's ex girlfriends. Heather wrote most of the dialogue. Both of them had UN nations elsewhere at the time and were thus cheaters. Oh well.
In war any means are justified. :bat:

Congratulations on your RL successes. Any idea what you will focus on for your PhD?

Yes, I will be an ancient/medieval (primarily medieval) Hispanist, concentrating on the Moorish invasion of 711 to the completion of the Reconquista in 1492, along with the Inquisition. I still have a few years to go before I narrow that down to a proper thesis though.

Stars of Sky was Pope Hope and Unistrut.  The pics were of one of Mike's ex girlfriends.  Heather wrote most of the dialogue.  Both of them had UN nations elsewhere at the time and were thus cheaters.  Oh well.
In war any means are justified. :bat:

Congratulations on your RL successes. Any idea what you will focus on for your PhD?
Also, that is a matter of opinion. Doing anything OOC (cheating) is a bit much in my opinion when talking about a completely IC scenario. But that is just me I guess.

Plus, it didn't even work for them. I kept SoS out of TNP for the better part of the NPD. It was my "successors" that let her back in.

It was a quote from Alinksy's Rules for Radicals.

Your focus rules, btw. I learned a little bit about that period of Spain so I could understand the motivation for the behavior of the conquistadors in the new world.

I hope it brings you great enjoyment.

Breaking the rules to win is no win at all in my opinion, but when it comes to gaming i'm a bit altruistic.

Uni and Pope Hope. I always wondered why Uni trusted me in the Merit when I didn't know him too well. Makes a lot of sense now.

Anyway, I am Ivan. I did some stuff in this game and in a few others. That about sums it up I guess.

Recently retired in RL at the ripe old age of 33 and am back in school full-time working on my PhD in History.

Not really sure what I am doing here, I haven't been very active in NS for over a year, since my last stint as part of the dictatorship in TWP as That Called the Vlagh and as part of the Empire in TEP as Darkseid. Oh, and I was Chief Justice here and in The Pacific Senate then as well for a bit I think.

Contemplating restarting The Meritocracy since I don't really have any other ambitions in NS at present.
Just move into a feeder and take it over... it only takes like a week these days.

Stars of Sky was Pope Hope and Unistrut.  The pics were of one of Mike's ex girlfriends.  Heather wrote most of the dialogue.  Both of them had UN nations elsewhere at the time and were thus cheaters.  Oh well.

Anyway, I am Ivan.  I did some stuff in this game and in a few others.  That about sums it up I guess.

Not really sure what I am doing here, I haven't been very active in NS for over a year, since my last stint as part of the dictatorship in TWP as That Called the Vlagh and as part of the Empire in TEP as Darkseid.  Oh, and I was Chief Justice here and in The Pacific Senate then as well for a bit I think.

Just move into a feeder and take it over... it only takes like a week these days.
Yeah, but the only nation I have with any Influence is in The Pacific and that isn't even a challenge.

When did you find out, out of curiosity?

When did you find out, out of curiosity?
It was suspected from the very beginning, which is why SoS never got far in the NPD, but Mike confirmed it to me directly a couple of years ago while we were discussing something in Cyber Nations.

Okay.

I wonder who knew before I told everyone that I was Zemnaya Svoboda?
I did but I can't remember where I got that information. I think you might have mentioned it to someone in the Empire as I was Darkseid there.
By the time of the Empire it was common knowledge.

I revealed right after the resignation of Westwind, which I helped precipitate with Zemnaya Svoboda.

By the time of the Empire it was common knowledge.

I revealed right after the resignation of Westwind, which I helped precipitate with Zemnaya Svoboda.
I remember the empire, and WW invited me to have some role in it. I forget what it was.

Just thought I would drop in and say Hi. Been a long time, in fact it feels a life time ago. For those who didn't know me, I was the original owner of Pixiedance and co-founder of The Lexcion.

Have to say one of the most memorable days in NS for me had to be the day when John (Insane Power), controlling Pixiedance, finally resigned her from the UN. I couldn't sleep that night and logged back on and ended up chatting to Unlimited. He asked me to eject Stars of Sky from TNP, to prevent her automatically becoming Delegate. I said that I couldn't as PD was now out of the UN, but he pointed out that PD would still have Delegate controls until the update.

So, I ejected her and then followed the day when the TNP update didn't happen until about 5pm or 6pm in the evening, rather than around 8 or 9am. It looked like Thel would become the next Delegate but at the last minute it was obvious Lungwallabad (Sp?) would. At the last second John decided to eject him to secure the way for Thel. It looked like he had succeeded but it was a little too late and having shown as being ejected Lung then reappeared as Delegate.

But it's all ancient history now. For me, TNP was the place I met John and that was certainly the best thing about it for me :)

Seeing Cathyy reminds me of August 17th, 2006, the day I got within 50 of Unterwasserseestaat's endorsement count as Zemnaya Svoboda, and we had quite a lengthy discussion on MSN about what to do...

Wish that could happen. New generation of players these days, most of then would not make it the old standards of The Merit, so I doubt The Merit would re-gain it's former glory even if it had been revived. Unless you could pull old members then that'd be awesome.

I wouldn't also take JAL's advice, if I were you. Most of them are now boring and nothing much would happen even if there's some drama going on.

Anyways, I find that NS is growing to be an active game again, just lacks those sensible players that were abundant before.
I hope it's a cycle and this is just a stage, though.

Back