Game Expansion

Tresville

TNPer
Having different games to get the community involved in would not only keep members coming, it would also bring more members.

NS is our "Flagship game" and should always be.

What are your feelings on this?

Could it work?

What games are you playing now?

I play Ikariam, Nodiatus (FF RPG kinda game very new, multiple accounts welcomed), NS2 (barely).

Game endeavors can always include XBOX or playstation live. Members of the community can play together there and discuss it here.

WOW is one of those games I know people in communities play often. If we have enough community members playing and willing to work together it can be something that keeps activity going.

Taken from my post in General Discussion.

Regarding expanding to other games. This could definitely work, for many obvious reasons such as giving us more to talk about, raising awareness of TNP and NS, so it could be used for recruitment, etc. This would have to be handled with care, however. Someone said before that NS should always be the flagship game, and this I agree with, but not just in name. If we find a much more interesting game, it's possible that all we will talk about is that game. I'm not sure what the best approach is here, but we should make sure things are still interesting at home.

MDH

I know for a fact that there are NSers who do game on Xbox Live, some of whom are on my friends list.

Hell I can even start up a TNP XBL clan if possible and slowly work to get NS in the XBL community spotlight. :ADN:

Well we need enough community members already here in order to determine if we can expand to that game specifically. Feel free to spread the word Gov.

We still need a lot more participants to reply in order to bring Game Expansion to this community. Once we have enough people supporting this idea we can vote on it then actually work on implementing it. Right now its only been one day since the Project began.

Well we need enough community members already here in order to determine if we can expand to that game specifically. Feel free to spread the word Gov.

We still need a lot more participants to reply in order to bring Game Expansion to this community. Once we have enough people supporting this idea we can vote on it then actually work on implementing it. Right now its only been one day since the Project began.
What I can also do is, if a brief is prepared, spread TNP and NS to the XBL community through the forums I am in. The audience I would be posting this to would be in an area that are viewed by nearly HUNDREDS of people, possibly far more :ADN:

I had brought that up before. That is a good idea. This should be a seperate topic because it involves advertising for NS and TNP.

Topic created:
Marketing

Back on topic:
What are your feelings on this (Game Expansion)?

Could it work?

What games are you playing now?

I'm a CyberNations player, although I'm thinking of moving to another game in the near future.

Would be a good game for a TNP presence.

Currently, I'm only playing NS and I poke my nose in NS2. I've thought about trying CN again, and am curious about WoW, but haven't yet because of time limitations.

As far as multiplayer games are concerned, I play Battle for Wesnoth, Age of Empires II and NetStorm.

I avoid MMORPGs (especially paid ones) as they carry a high risk of addiction, and I am already susceptible to computer overuse. But I used to play Runescape; I still sometimes log into Puzzle Pirates and Kingdom of Loathing.

The above is me. Why does this forum allow guest posts again? <_<

Addendum: I also don't play FPS or console games, as I don't have the technology for either (and don't plan to invest in it). As the previous post indicates, I only play strategy games online.

**Mod edit and add: Cisco**

We allow guests to post because every time we suggest not doing so there has been a hue and cry about freedom of speech.

We did temporarily suspend guest posting rights during the pixiedance war when it was abused.

oh - and if you are not careful WoW is VERY addictive. But the same has been said of Nationstates from time to time.

I'm a CyberNations player, although I'm thinking of moving to another game in the near future.

Would be a good game for a TNP presence.
Were u in the Meritocracy?

I really am not a fan of CN. Besides...i heard its played out and not cool anymore. lol

CN is really one of those games you have to be in near the beginning if you want any hope of being important or influential.

There's almost no way to catch up with the already established nations and power blocs, in my opinion.

That being said, if people really want to do it, I might join to help out.

No fear of me going to CN. Got banned four times until I got told if I ever go onto the site again my ISP will be contacted, so I'm in no rush...

MDH

I play this and Nexus War. It's a fun little game and the people there are a lot like NSers, although it takes a while to get a good character going. I also used to play Runescape until my friends stopped playing.

For me, if its a PC game, it'll be strategy. I've been playing the increasingly expanding Total War historical series for a long time.

If its a MMOG, its political. I'm here, on NS2 (like Tresville...barely...but still mod of its largest community), and eRepublik. Which, I admit, is a thousand times more well put together than NationStates and CyberNations is, and probably way more interesting as a politically-inclined simulation of the the real world. But the NS community is just as great, which is why I stay here too.

But after all that...I'm not fond of the idea of communally moving to other games, unless we completely abandon one and go to the other. Focus on one, succeed more thoroughly on one, I say.

eRepublik.....Moo and Blackbird put me on to that game some time back. Before it was in the U.S. at that. It seemed interesting but I have yet to accept the registration request they sent me as I was busy with Ikariam and NS. What you just said makes me even more interested.

I do not want us to "Move" to another game. The point of experimenting with other game realms is simply to give this community more to do "Together." As I said, NS is our Flagship game and should remain that way until (god forbid) it gets shutdown.

Right now we are taking suggestions in regards to what other games to explore. We as a community have not agreed to expand yet. When we are ready we will. But we should only do that if we have a Super majority support and once we have organized such an endeavor.

We will get to organizing that soon as we get more suggestions as to what games people here like. We will vote on them in the voting forum and then proceed accordingly from there.

I will take some time later today to browse through the suggestions we have already and put them in a list. However, if we do not get more participants signing in here....there is really no point in voting on anything and continuing further.

IMHO, these members do not encompass the bulk of the community:
Outer Kharkistania
Tresville
Flemingovia
Rhindon Blade
Govindia
Winter Vacationers
Kandarin
Ator People
Grosseschnauzer
Sydia
Captain Spaulding II

No doubt MDH. If we dont agree to even try a game we wont. But anything that keeps us here and active IMHO, is worth trying.

I'm more than happy to try something new out, however I think its important to find something that we all agree on, and that TNP as an entity can exist in without too much trouble. A COD4 TNP clan for example would seem to jar too much with the game it exists in.

I'd certainly recommend once/if we do decide on a new game to try, we trial it for a while before getting on to any major recruitment.

I'd also suggest we keep any movement into games you either have to buy or subscribe to a casual affair between individuals rather than a full community move. Free, browser based games are the way to go for the full community in my opinion.

(From a casual point of view I'm playing COD4 and WAR at the moment, btw)

While it wouldn't necessarily help bring more players in, I think there is also a role other games can play to keep the community active. This and this were good ideas (one was somewhat ruined by me going AWOL I admit), there are all sorts of fantasy sports leagues based on RL that you can join as a private league (or alternatively we just steal their rules and run our own), there was an attempt to get Chess games going. I think trying to revive the book club that IG started might be a good idea. I think anything that means people don't just log in to see if the regions been taken over again and log out, but actually have something interesting read/do will do as much as any recruitment attempts.

Ultimately, what made TNP special (at least to me) wasn't all the NS/constitutional stuff, but it was the OOC side of things.

Aye, mini-ventures like the book club and chess (I'd be right into that one), that aren't actual alternative games to NS in themselves, is a much better idea, imo.

I run fantasy leagues here every year I am active. Few from TNP have ever participated which is why I make it a NS League and just host it in different regions.

Chess wise....there is a buried thread around here that I created long ago about it. No one has ever responded and played with me. Don't be Scurred!! lol

Like I said before...any movement into games should only occur if we have a super majority vote and enough people to actually play.

But before we even get to that step....real expansion to a game. We would have to settle the forum issues first.

okie dokie...so i see we have 1 or 2 chess players here...any more?

If their are...and we can socialize, play and organize something here then that would be great.

I may be away till tomorrow in regard to a RL issue. Be back as soon as possible.

bear with me please. I am not going far.

I bounce around from game to game. Have grown to like erepublik, and I'm looking forward to the return of cyber citizens. Lately I'm addicted to fallout3 on xbox360, but don't get to play too often.

Man I never really got into NS2, but I do play CN. Speaking of CN, Pacifica gonna be burning for a long time methinks there.

360 FPS I'll play and I'm just gettin into that new Demigod game.

Damn Namyekom got there first. Yes to chess or draughts .Definetly a cunning plan! :w00t:

I could try my crazy attack with a single pawn trick woooo.

Back