Embassy of Novus Licentia Terra

Opened upon Bisgea's request, representing the region Novus Licentia Terra, as of April 20th, 2009. Welcome to our forums!

(Note: This embassy will soon be updated, within the next few days, to include some graphics and summary information on the region for the benefit of TNP citizens that may also wish to visit the thread.)

novuslicentiaterraemble.png

Greetings to The North Pacific,

On behalf of all of Novus Licentia Terra, I would like to thank you for allowing our region to open this embassy on your soil. I hope that this will be the beginning of a friendship between our regions.

Here are some things about our region.

Government Structure:

Novus Licentia Terra is a democratic region, with all government positions except the Cabinet being elected. We are led by the President. We do not have a Vice Pres. In case the Pres is impeached or resigns, the Senate Chairman shall assume the roles of President.

Regional Army:

We do not maintain an army of WA nations. Our army is used for roleplaying purposes.

You are all welcome to visit our forums at: http://novuslicentiaterra.forum-motion.net/index.htm

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about our region. I would be more than happy to answer them. Until we get a MoFA, I will be the one posting any updates. Expect an update in a few days.

Our very first update:
gnncapitalnewsweb.png

Good evening and welcome to the first ever broadcast of Gravis News Network and our Capital News Broadcast informative news show bringing you the summary of the most important events in the region and beyond.

Tensions Rising

On the dawn of the first ever regional general elections tensions sparked among the NLT members Hobbes City ( a.k.a.Georgetpwn ), Ferroza and Adigo. The brawl began after the holding of "regional referendum" on the issue of a breakaway republic Lanos when Hobbes City requested the addition of the mentioned republic to the regional map. The first voicing of the opposition to such action came form Ferroza who sought to challenge the referendum. The real upset began when Adigo refused to inscribe the Republic of Lanos on the official map justifying it by saying quote "The Republic of Lanos isn't a real nation" and later disproving the validity of the referendum as void because it lacks legal substance required by the Constitution - the approval of the Senate.

The brawl has been the central point of todays regional happenings and has drawn Kingsley Bedford into it who acted as a mediator and stability factor in this dispute. The rest of the region is still quiet and it is expected that it will be the leading issue of the soon elected government. There have been brief insinuations about the possibility of Hobbes City invasion of the disputed lot 41, however such scenario was soon denied by Hobbes City officials.

The end result of this discussion is vague and impossible to predict as Hobbes City announced that he will ask for the Senate hearing and Adigo declared his determination to fight it all the way to the Supreme Court.

Shaping The Government

The region elected a slate of all five UDP candidates for their representatives in the Senate in the first round of polling. The first Senate members are Hobbes City, Ferroza, Pokemonman, Bisgea and Kingsley Bedford. Although not the candidate with most votes on election day Kingsley Bedford gained the majority with ease and became the first ever Senate Chairman of Novus Licentia Terra.

However it has been noted that Hobbes City nominated Ferroza for Chairman first and Ferroza replied by nominating Hobbes City. Their chat on the Senate Discussion Floor has been credited to the shaky relations between these two nations. Any escalation of the discussion has been stopped by the President Controlled Servants who was chairing the first opening session of the Senate. Hobbes City, later in the interview here on GNN, stated I quote: "That is not true by any level. Hobbes City and Ferroza has had bumpy relations in the past, but we weren't "dealing" with international relations by boosting ourselves wih Chairman."

On the other hand the presidential elections were far more exciting in a two round balloting Controlled Servants won the Presidency after the surprise withdrawal of UDP candidate Physciolia, in the beginning of the second round, by stating I quote: "I here by step down from the president elections as there is no way I can win. I would like to thank Controlled Servants for a good battle. Congratulations Controlled Servants."

Once the Chairman was elected the discussion upon the ministerial positions started by first nominating Adigo to the post of Attorney General however the discussion upon it was put on hold as Adigo replied I quote: "Not sure... ...I'll wait until CS starts gathering his Council...". After his duties of chairing the Senate were over the President acted quickly to format his Council. The President announced four ministry vacancies and the process for declaring interest for Council jobs is currently in motion. The current candidates are as follows: Ministry of Infastructure - Pokemonman; Ministry of Economy - Adigo; Ministry of Defence - Ferroza, Hobbes City and Physicolia; Ministry of Foreign Affairs - none currently.

gnnfaceoftheregion.png

Tonights topic: The Fresh Start Myth

Good evening and welcome to the first broadcast of GNN Face Of The Region a single issue show aiming to comment and study issues in depth and to sense the regions stance on it. Now going to the GNN Studio One:

Good evening to our viewers I'm Adigo and I will be commenting the recent events surrounding the Cabinet nominations and specifically focusing on Ministry of Defense. For now three people are in the pool of candidates for MoD. Hobbes City and Feroza have stated their interest from the start and just recently a third name, Physicolia, joined the contest. Now the contest might not be so interesting at a first glimpse but if we watch closely and think about it the race might not seem so innocent and usual.

The most roaring and tenacious candidate is Hobbes City a self proclaimed, judging by his actions and speeches, freedom fighter and only true speaker of the people. The start of this article might seem harsh and biased, I assure you, it is. It strikes odd that most of people agreed, upon joining Novus Licentia Terra, to leave all past issues and in many cases painful memories from UDR outside NLT and to create a region of new beginnings for us all. However it seem some people cant fully grasp the meaning of this idea and even though their presence here is not judged on their past (read UDR) merits they constantly evoke spirits of UDR's past to get attention. But still you don't hear the whole story, only the part that serves the moment.

Recently in the middle of the Senate discussion Hobbes City blatantly used his position in the Senate to attack his candidacy rival Physicolia. Some of insinuations and statements of Hobbes City are I quote: he( Physicolia ) has no experience is this field, and he is also learning in NS... ...i am worried that he will bring nuclear weapons into the regional army and attack the AoE, something we can not afford to risk or even take. Though I will not argue Physicolia's inexperience I would not evoke the issues of getting this region into a war when its not ready for it, specially if I was Hobbes City.

For those of you who don't remember Hobbes City and his actions in Democratic Republics, I'm gonna remind you, but I will leave out the good stuff he done there since its been spined here enough times already. Hobbes City was the last President of Democratic Republics, why last you ask? Well the story goes like this. After the fiasco caused by Litoustia in the first UDR couple of nations taken refuge in a successor region Democratic Republics founded by no other than Hobbes City. And while writing this I seen that a topic has been opened by no other than Hobbes City, in the spirit of this article I'm eagerly anticipating the efforts of Hobbes to remind us all, so we can praise him for it, how he was the one who liberated us from the vicious dictator Litoustia, just hours before the President decides his nominee for MoD. But to get back to our story, not all was well in Democratic Republics either, the idyllic picture of the region really started falling apart after, than already elected, President Hobbes City asked the Parliament to engage war against DEN army because of their occupation of UDR.

The Parliament soon after dismissed such action by 3 votes against and 2 for. The main argument of people who voted no, myself included, was that we don't have the strength not to mention rational and cautious leadership to fight on that front, the argument he(Hobbes) is using now against Physicolia. Hobbes in his own words took that vote as a defeat and could not bind and respect the Constitutional order of power and continued his efforts to roundup task forces to rescue UDR. The discussion following was long and exhausting and culminated by the motion of Hobbes Cities impeachment by DR Prime Minister Ficlidan the motion and the reasons for impeachment were many so we bring you the whole draft of it here:

I call for the immediate impeachment of President Hobbes City with several pieces of evidence:
Releasing information resulting in immediate widespread invasion and millions of civilian and military deaths, with billions wounded and many more billions of dollars wasted.
Severely compromising regional security so that he could ventilate personal anger.
Refusal to comply with a simple puppet security measure.
Thinking sending millions of troops to their deaths and resulting in the death of billions of innocent civilians as the only course of action and being forced to do otherwise.
Taking emergency action without the consent of parliament over unconfirmed information resulting in new nations moving to the RUDR instead resulting in giving power to tyranny, specifically the kind that would attempt to overthrow the democracy in the DR.

There are many more infractions not listed here with similar widespread and destructive results.
He has run out of warnings, and possibly should have a while ago.
He has even committed acts that can be called treason.
I call for him to be immediately removed from office and restricted from running for any Executive office in the next two regular elections.

Vote Aye or Nay for this Impeachment with Special Clauses.

During the motion of impeachment Hobbes City got deleted by NS mods for sending abusive TGs to DEN. In the end Hobbes was impeached and soon after the Delegate was overthrown and region was taken over by a horde of invaders. The region has fallen apart by than and many members fled from it.

Now its ok if you are mad and thinking at first this doesn't really look as objective journalism? But think again whats really rotten here? The article or the candidate? All that has been witnessed up until now was a campaign bannered with democracy, freedom and justice. But still where is justice without the law? Will he keep the promise he made I quote: " i will keep nukes out of the military and only attack when the Senate votes for it and you order me to do so. "? Will he really? I quote(Hobbes City): "Will he(Physicolia) defy the Constitution and arm the regional military with nukes and use them against any threat?" Is he really the one who should ask that question? The person who wanted to nuke a neighboring country in the name of regional security?

And for an ending I will quote(Hobbes City): "i have experience in fighting wars, the Agonile Crisis and the Ferroza Civil War, and know how to build and lead armies.". Experience isn't taking merits for past success, facing ones failures and learning from them is. Has he truly learned?

As Novus Licentia Terra's Minister of Foreign Affairs, I invite The North Pacific to make an embassy at our forums.

Adigo Gives Speech
After Physicolia passed a poorly written resolution to "Condemn the AoE" which never reached quorum and Hobbes City's lust for the MoD position, founder Adigo had this to say:
Physicolia I must say I'm disappointed by your recent activities against and in AoE, I know you have a spy there although you have been told that the AoE isn't an issue of NLT. This region has been ridiculed and your actions put NLT into unnecessary and unfavorable position by placing us on their radar with no real reason for it...

...next thing is Hobbes City, this region squandered much energy and time satisfying his lust for MoD position which resulted in total postponement of all other issues that needed to be settled and still are not settled. Although he is not fully responsible for dis function of the regional government Hobbes City is one of the main factors of instability of this region.

This region was not created for purposes of fighting wars or settling old debts or for the use of smear campaigns which have been exhibited lately concerning MoD appointments. The other thing is that many members have expressed their discomfort with Hobbes Citys actions while being here.

This region must at one point in time start functioning and working on membership growth and establishing itself on NS charts. This can't happen in an environment that was created by destructive behavior of Physicholia and Hobbes and I believe it isn't going to stop in the near future. Physicholia has been give many chances due to his novelty to NS and Hobbeses temper has been tolerated by the hope that he will start getting things is gone far enough and became an obstacle to the regions progress.

I am currently reviewing my options but it seems it has came down to one option, though it might seem as wrong, I'm gonna have to start exercising my founder rights and eject you(both). I do not take the fact that the Constitution is in effect lightly, that is why I am considering this for so long, but giving into consideration that the government isn't functioning properly it seems it is the only thing left to do.

I will decide what to do with Physicolia and Hobbes by the end of the day.

Whatever I decide it will be final. Though I will leave this topic open for comments or suggestions of all members but they must be in a civil manner. Posts made by Hobbes City or Physicholia wont have a factor in my decision.
Physicolia has been banned for 7 days while Hobbes was left alone.

Hobbes Banned
After Hobbes City's refusal to change his forum name to Georgetpwn, he was permanently banned from the forum and region for several reasons. One was not following this rule:
1. Register with you're nations name!
His nation in NS is Georgetpwn not Hobbes City since the nation of Hobbes City was DEAT'ed by mods after an incident he prefers not to talk about.

Novus Licentia Terra Fiscal and Monetary Act
The Senate has passed the act written by founder-MoE Adigo. A complete text of the act is found below:
Novus Licentia Terra Fiscal and Monetary Act (NLTFMA)

Introduction

Establishes the process of collecting, processing and appropriating tax revenues by the regional government of the Novus Licentia Terra to finance programs and other expenditures of mentioned government. Also establishing the regional currency and regional central bank.

Provision 1.

The collection and processing of tax revenues shall be the responsibility of the Ministry of Economy which shall present the summary of tax revenues to the Senate and President in order to create and adopt a plan of government expenditures(the Budget) for a designated period of time.

1.1. Only nations with acquired full membership in Novus Licentia Terra are bound to pay taxes to the regional government. The amount of that tax bond shall be taken as a percentage(%) of their GDP. That percentage(%) will be determined by bracketing nations by the principle described in the next provision.

1.2. The Ministry of Economy shall bracket nations in the next manner:
Bracket one 9% of GDP: nations economically marked green in NS economy
Bracket two 7% of GDP: : nations economically marked orange in NS economy
Bracket three 5% of GDP: nations economically marked red in NS economy

1.3. All government institutions must have a mark of available founds from the Budget. They can spend said funds at their free will up to T$5.000.000,00 per project. Expenditures above said figure need the approval of the Senate.

1.4. This section establishes the Neutral Expenditure Policy (1.4.1.) and the Surplus Expenditure Policy (1.4.2.).

1.4.1. Neutral expenditure policy implies a balanced budget where G = T (Government spending = Tax revenue). Government spending is fully funded by tax revenue. In case of need the Central Bank can release(lend) at most 2/3 of the accumulated monetary reserves to the regional government for a period of 45 days. The regional government is bound to payoff the debt with previously agreed interest and time table.

1.4.2. In case of Budget surplus: 50% of the surplus shall be used as tax returns; ¼ shall be paid to the CB monetary reserves; and the remaining ¼ shall be transferred to the Budget of the next government administration.

Provision 2.

This provision establishes Terran Credit(T$) as a sole unit of exchange and legal tender among all nations within the boarders of the Novus Licentia Terra (later: regional currency).

2.1. The value of the regional currency shall be fixated with the value of the Dollar($) displayed in the NSEconomy at all times.

2.2. The Central Bank of Novus Licentia Tera (established in the next provision) shall be the sole regulatory authority upon the established currency.

Provision 3.

This provision establishes the Central Bank of Novus Licentia Tera(later: CB) as the sole monetary authority in Novus Licentia Tera. The CB shall have utmost autonomy in carrying out its duty within the legal framework of this bill.

5.1. It shall have the tasks of: regulation of credit activities and liquidity of private business of regional importance; as well as providing and updating accounts for all government institutions, private businesses and private persons(with full membership of NLT); regulation of money supply as well as bringing measures regarding interest rates according to needs.

5.2. The CB shall be headed by the CB Governor. The Senate Chairman shall appoint with the approval of Senate the CB Governor for the term of three(3) months from the date of his appointment. The CB Governor shall appoint at most two(2) CB Vice Governors and assign them duties as needed.

5.4. The CB shall have the responsibility to regulate and operate all regional stock markets within the Novus Licentia Terra, if such are established by the Senate.

5.5. The regional government is bound to provide 8% of the first Budget to fund the Central Bank and 1% of every future Budget for the monetary reserves in controll of the Central Bank.
The votes are 4 for, 0 against and 1 undecided.

MoFA
Novus Licentia Terra's first MoFA has been confirmed, Bisgea. Bisgea has made a number of contributions to the region and he was very happy about his confirmation.

NLT Soccer League
The region now has its own soccer league, the Novus Licentia Terra Super Soccer League. The league is one of the attempts to bring real roleplay into the region. There are 6 contestants namely Adigo, Kingsley Bedford, Pokemonman, Physicolia, Bisgea and Valladeres.

A Change of Senators
Following ex-Senator Hobbes City's banning, special elections were quickly held where Ficlidan and Physicolia competed. Ficlidan won with 77% of the vote, making him a senator.

Novus Licentia Terra Update:

At the time of writing, NLT has 21 members:

The Grand Empire of Tarisi
The Awesome Peoples of Vegence
The Democratic Republic of Lithatrius
The War Machine of New Stacheldraht
The Liberalist Union of Banten States
The Republic of Wartorn Salvation
The Star Wars Adict of Physicolia3
The Holy Empire of Romanua
The Community of Fressex
The Republic of Mandalora
The Republic of Kdakl
The United Socialist States of Beached dead whale
The Democratic Republic of Bisgea
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The Imperishable Republic of Adigo
The Constitutional Monarchy of Valladares
The Militaristic Empire of Enpolintoc
The Reasoned Peoples of Ficlidan
The Conservative Democracy of Pokemonman
The Presidential Republic of Kingsley Bedford
The Confederacy of Salvens

Currently the various Minister positions are held by:

President: The Presidential Republic of Kingsley Bedford
Senate Chairman: The Imperishable Republic of Adigo
Supreme Court: The Republic of Mandalora and The Democratic Republic of Lithatrius
AG: The Constitutional Monarchy of Valladares
MoFA: The Militaristic Empire of Enpolintoc
MoD: Pending
MoE: The Democratic Republic of Bisgea
MoI: The Awesome Peoples of Vegence

And our Senators are:

Adigo
Bisgea
Valladares
Pokemonman
Physicolia

Elections for the Senators started on the 5th of August and ended on the following day. The Ministers were voted in on different dates.

Kingsley Bedford was voted President of the region with 8/9 votes.
Adigo was voted in to the Senate Chairman position with 3/3 votes.
Enpolintoc was voted in to the Minister of Foreign Affairs position with 4/4 votes.
Bisgea was voted in to the Minister of Economy position with 5/5 votes.
Vegence was voted in to the Minister of Interior position with 4/4 votes.
Mandalora was voted in to the Supreme Court with 4 votes, Lithatrius was voted in with 3/3 votes.
Valladares was voted in to the Attorney General position with 3/3 votes.

Various acts have also been passed:

Minister of Foreign Affairs Creation Act

Introduction

Formally creates the Foreign Affairs Ministry to be headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs
Provision 1
This provision creates the foreign affairs ministry

1.1 This document upon passing formally and legally creates the foreign affairs Ministry to be headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
1.2 The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall:
1.2.1 represent the region to the international community if the President or Delegate cannot do so
1.2.2 sign alliances with foreign regions
1.2.3 accept embassy requests
1.2.4 formulate the foreign policy
1.2.5 appoint a member as ambassador or remove them from the position

Provision 2
This provision provides the requirements of the MoFA as mentioned by the Constitution

1.1 The MoFA shall be any member who does not hold an office with the Senate or Supreme Court, with 12 days of membership and at least 1 post.
1.2 The MoFA shall be appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate
1.3 In case of a lack of members, the Senate Chairman may appoint at most 2 Senators to become ministers

This act passed with 5/5 votes.

Minister of the Interior Creation Act

Introduction
Formally creates the Interior Ministry to be headed by the Minister of the Interior
Provision 1
This provision creates the interior ministry

1.1 This document upon passing formally and legally creates the Interior Ministry to be headed by the Minister of the Interior.
1.2 The Minister of Interior shall be in charge of:
1.2.1 managing regional highways owned by the government
1.2.2 designing Lierravus by adding museums, tourist spots. etc.
1.2.3 organizing regional transportation
1.2.4 ensure public safety
1.2.5 promote peace and order within the region

Provision 2
This provision provides the requirements of the MoI as mentioned by the Constitution

1.1 The MoI shall be any member who does not hold an office with the Senate or Supreme Court, with 12 days of membership and at least 1 post.
1.2 The MoI shall be appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate
1.3 In case of a lack of members, the Senate Chairman may appoint at most 2 Senators to become ministers

This act passed with 5/5 votes

Minister of Defense Creation Act

Introduction
Formally creates the Defense Ministry to be headed by the Minister of Defense
Provision 1
This provision creates the defense ministry

1.1 This document upon passing formally and legally creates the Defense Ministry to be headed by the Minister of Defense.
1.2 The Minister of Defense shall be:
1.2.1 second-in-command of the Regional Armed Forces and Regional Intelligence Agency
1.2.2 in charge of providing the military with proper and up-to-date equipment
1.2.3 the primary defense policy advisor to the President
1.2.4 formulate the general defense policy

Provision 2
This provision provides the requirements of the MoD as mentioned by the Constitution

1.1 The MoD shall be any member who does not hold an office with the Senate or Supreme Court, with 12 days of membership and at least 1 post.
1.2 The MoD shall be appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate

Campaign Regulations Act

Introduction

Clearly defines the rules for candidating in a government office within the region of Novus Licentia Terra

Provision 1

This provision establishes the time any individual is allowed to campaign for a government office

1.1 Public campaigning shall be not allowed until one month before nominations are due to begin.

1.2 Private campaigning shall be allowed anytime.

Provision 2

This provision defines the difference between public and private campaigning

2.1 RMB and forum posts shall be considered public campaigning.

2.2 Personal Messages or Telegrams shall be considered private campaigning.

2.3 A candidate is permitted to mass PM or mass TG the citizens of Novus Licentia Terra for campaign purposes once a day.

Provision 3

This provision bestows upon the Supreme Court the right to resolve any discrepancies

3.1 Discrepancies shall be resolved by the Supreme Court.

3.2 The Supreme Court has the right to freeze a candidate's campaign for a government office.

3.3 A candidate will not be eligible for election if the Supreme Court is still in the process of resolving discrepancies while elections are on going.

Back