Regarding the East Pacific

Seeing as how there is a bit of confusion and controversy involving who should be making updates in The East Pacific's Embassy here in the North Pacific, I wanted to start a discussion about what to do about this. While this is not a bill proposal in itself, I suggest we have a vote or something where the RA can decide whether to recognize the Confederate Government, the Imperial Government, or allow both to use the embassy.

I myself am in favor of the both option despite my antipathy towards the Imperial East, and I know that the idea has been floated around in the MoEA, but I just wanted to see what everyone in the RA thinks.

I'm pretty much leaving this up to the RA as I have said before.

We are officially at war, so I honestly would not suggest letting The Empire post in that embassy. If they wanted to have open discussions with us about peace both rulers there know where to find me. I consider both friends OOC.

But perhaps the embassy should be closed and have the Confederacy open their own embassy. My :2c: .

Actually, could someone rename this "Regarding the East Pacific"? I'm thinking that we should use this discussion to resolve all lingering problems in TNP's relations with the East Pacific, especially the war with one of the governments based there. Then, once we've reached some sort of majority consensus, we could possibly draft a bill resolving these issues and possibly authorizing a peace treaty or something.

Anyways, this is my view of the situation:

1) Me and several TNP nationals were operating on our own accord to destabilize the new rulers there because they were being propped up by foreigners, specifically Gatesville. We felt a sort of fraternity with them, as we've also been invaded by Gatesville. Since TNP's government wouldn't condemn us or something, TEP and a bunch of random allies declared war; however, this was more of a PR move for them.

2) Most foreign troops in TEP have withdrew, meaning that this has become a strictly internal issue there. As such, I think that TNPers who are not actually members of TEP should stop all operations there and our government should look towards discussing some kind of peace settlement, or at least a armistice. While I know there have been talks in the past, I think under different circumstances (IE, without TNPer volunteers provoking them) talks might work.

3) We make no attempt to interfere with the internal affairs of TEP, and we recognize both governments there equally and give both access to our embassy.

Well, the mistake I made in that peace discussion was having it open to all TNP members. Any future talks should be one on one. I would not have it any other way.

I can't seem to edit topic titles anymore, however the original author needs only to edit the first post and the topic titles should be right at the top.

Why not just have have 2 pinned topics in the embassy? One being "The Empire Updates" and the other being "The Confederacy Updates". Seems like a simple solution for now.

Khark:
we recognize both governments there equally and give both access to our embassy.

Thats a rather drastic call - and would be a first step towards the supporting of The Empire (unintentionally even). Simply because by making this diplomatic shift...we'd be denying the Confederacy official support, and granting The Empire closer relations and our acknowledgement of their legitimacy.

Is neutrality something we really desire?

We are still at war. Until that is over I don't see why they should be allowed to post in the embassy. Plus knowing Biyah, I doubt he would even want to.

In the past, when there was internal conbflict in a region, we'd just close the embassy (lock it) and allow both sides to have consulates or interest sections or decide that one would have a consulkate and the other an interest section.

Embassies conveys recognition of legitimacy, and I suspect that's not what we're trying to do.

I'm more in favour of that idea.

Denying an opponent an official embassy, representing a particular region, has its good reasons - but I think there should still be some establishment here that will allow some form of possible interaction between Empire envoys and TNPers.

Public diplomatic talks between adverseries, so long as they're carefully regulated, are not always disadvantageous...

I don't think any negotiations should have Biyah present.

I think that we should make the offer for talks, but specify that they can't bring him, and let them specify people that we can't bring.

Or have it be one on one delegate talks or something.

I believe I know Biyah a lot better than you..so I disagree. He has power there...if he or Nee aproach me on the matter I will discuss matters with either.

From my understanding Biyah is second in command and Neenee takes his advice seriously. Any snub towards him will not go well towards any form of negotiation.

That being said, I offer my services to speak with the Empire if the Delegate wishes, although historically I am predisposed to supporting the sitting Delegate in a feeder. Of course I am also historically against Biyah and his ADN conspirators so perhaps it evens out. :P

I had noticed she had gone relatively innactive.

Also, this is a stupid joke, but if Biyah is getting access to her nation, wouldn't that mean his IP is now tied to two WA's that were in the WA at the same time? As the Mods say, "Don't share nations or else", so I suggest its time for some dirty tricks. :P

(That was a joke, repeat A JOKE)

Umm, hardly. He is Emperor Rahl now.

Also, Feeder Delegate passwords were exchanged long before Gracius Maximus invaded Pixiedance. Having at least one other person with access to your Delegate nation is pretty commonplace among beleaguered Feeders.

Back