ELECTION TIME!!

And what perfect timing too!

TNP LAW 26
Election Dates

This law is hereby enacted to enable an election schedule for the offices and elections prescribed in Article I, Section Three of the Constitution of The North Pacific.

SECTION ONE

The election cycle for the 4-month terms of The Delegate, The Speaker of the Assembly, and CLO members, shall begin on the first day of the months of January, May, and September.

Before we open nominations, there are a couple of things we need to take care of. First, we should do a TG blitz letting the region know elections are coming up. If folks aren't told about it, they won't know to register. If they don't register they can't vote. Sniffles please organize your team to tackle it.

Second, the Speaker has to get the new applications approved. I don't think it would be considered inclusive to jump into nominations without giving the CO nations a chance to participate.

Third, we need an Election Commissioner(s). Volunteers?

I propose we have a one week voter registration drive. Tell folks they must be registered by May 10 to vote. Nominations will begin then, with voting to start on the 17th. Yes to this?

Before we open nominations, there are a couple of things we need to take care of. First, we should do a TG blitz letting the region know elections are coming up. If folks aren't told about it, they won't know to register. If they don't register they can't vote. Sniffles please organize your team to tackle it.

Second, the Speaker has to get the new applications approved. I don't think it would be considered inclusive to jump into nominations without giving the CO nations a chance to participate.

Third, we need an Election Commissioner(s). Volunteers?

I propose we have a one week voter registration drive. Tell folks they must be registered by May 10 to vote. Nominations will begin then, with voting to start on the 17th. Yes to this?
I'll get on it. I've already been TM-ing banned nations to come back and help us rebuild.

EDIT- exams are over so I got more time but I`m also doing the welcome wagon for banned nations. Anyone else interested in helping please PM me!!!

We probably need to pass a motion to set the election calendar and to approve an election commissioner, just as we did last time.

And I'll just mention now, that since I've have served more than the lastsix months as Speaker (a whole term and part of a prior term), I won't be standing for re-election. I want a break.

(And since the admin have to be involved in the RA registration process, like it or not, I'd rather not be holding both hats simultaneously.)

We probably need to pass a motion to set the election calendar and to approve an election commissioner, just as we did last time.

And I'll just mention now, that since I've have served more than the lastsix months as Speaker (a whole term and part of a prior term), I won't be standing for re-election. I want a break.

(And since the admin have to be involved in the RA registration process, like it or not, I'd rather not be holding both hats simultaneously.)
This election hasn't conflicted with the law. I mean what is an election cycle? Beginning the nomination session seems to fit, IMO.

Also please publicly confirm the positions needed to replace your responsibilies as to not cause any lag. You'll be dearly missed, here's hoping you come back soon!

(I wouldn't say no to you as Chief Justice either, I know, I know, been there, done that.)

You know, I have stood in every election either for an elected office or for the old Security Council going back to the NPC era. (That's over three years ago, now.)

I'm not disappearing, I'm simply not running for anything this time. The responsiblities of Admin will be plenty, and I'll still be in the RA.

As to the Court, that entirely depends. If there ia opposition to the idea of my being a nominee for Chief,, I won't consider it this time.

Edit to add: IIRC the statute itself refers to the election cycle. All we need to do is resurrect the election motion from last time, update it, and go to a vote,

If it's time for an election (or over due) according to the Constitution, no motion should be necessary.

The Constitution doesn't say anything on exactly when elections should be held, and the law that was passed only states the months during which elections should be held, without staing any firm date formula or procedure.

If I missed it, point it out, but I'm confident that I have stated the situation correctly.

Well, then we just have the RA set a timetable for elections in accordance with the Constitution.

Surely someone has the discretionary authority to initiate the proper electoral proceedings?

And it seems to me that there should be some set body of laws governing electoral schedules.

We are so streamlined, we don't need no laws. :P

What we do need is someone to volunteer to serve as Election Commissioner. They can open up the nominations. If we do not have at least one volunteer by Monday, I will draft, er... strongly encourage someone to pick up the ball.

Ok, in the best interests of getting things rolling I will volunteeer for this position if no on else will :ADN:

Ok, in the best interests of getting things rolling I will volunteeer for this position if no on else will :ADN:
Thank you for your service!

This should help you out:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=1062

They're guidelines not laws so they should follow through. Obviously the job calls for some policing when it comes to late entries and swift boat-esque attacks. But add your personality to the job and you''ll do great.

Thank you, Govindia! It would be nice if someone volunteered to help Gov out. :D

Edit to answer last post: The election commissioners cannot be standing for election. There would be a conflict of interest.

I will be opning up the voting instructions soon.

Work is getting a bit busy for me tonight.

thank you for your patience :) :ADN:

Back