Embassy of Gatesville

Thank you Vrtbovska Zahrada. Gatesville would like to re-establish full diplomatic relations with the great region of The North Pacific. We must look to the future in this fast evolving world of Nation States and let old disputes and grudges be a thing of the past.

Hear, hear !

It is a new dawn, and we all face the common enemy of inactivity. It is foolish to let the past stand in the way of creating a new future.

TNP recognizes full diplomatic relations with Gatesville, and have re-established our Embassy there as well.

A round of the finest TNP rum for all.

And here's an update! :D

GatesvilleBanner2.png

NEW YEAR BUMPER ISSUE

Gatesville Stats
Founder: Gates the God
Regional UN Delegate: Nevadar
Gatesville Forum: Antiun.cjb.net
Gatesville Population: 831 Nations
Gatesville Power: Extremely High

From the Desk of the Foreign Affairs Advocate

Good evening respected regions of Nationstates!I am aware that there has been a large delay in this issue of the Gatesville Foreign Report, but do not fret because it has arrived at last! Sometimes if Equilism misses a week of news, they will have a special issue detailing the various happenings of two weeks, so now I am very worried as to how I can fit three months of news into this little report. So, here is the first New Year Bumper Issue, brought to you by myself and the Gatesville Gazette team of writers. Enjoy.

Interview With Pope Lexus X

Today, Gatesville Gazette reporter James Bovill interviews Gatesville Foreign Affairs Advocate His Holiness Pope Lexus X (aka Lexinium) about his possibly unholy past, present and future.

JB: Hi Lexus. How are you today?
PL: I'm great James! Glad to be here.

JB: Before we get too far into the Gatesville aspects of the interview, let's take a look at your past. When did you start?
PL: I began NS in November 2002. However I didn't do anything here. I returned in April 2005 and soon joined Gatesville but I only became active in July 2005 after becoming the delegate in one of the franchise regions, known as NERV.

JB: I remember knowing you in Jethnea - and that does seem fairly recent in overall terms. How did you become Gatesville's FAA in such a short time? Or am I missing something here?
PL: You're missing a lot! I began as a franchise clerk in Gatesville, looking after our franchises, and moved up until I was the Franchise Director. I also had become an intelligence agent for the region, and eventually became the Intelligence Advocate, however I left in June 2006 to found my own region, Cingeta. Eventually I started branching out and became the Defense Minister of Jethnea, but I left NS in April 07, only to return in August and take up the position of FAA here.

JB: Can you remember which region your nation was 'born' in? I was a South Pacifican.
PL: My first nation was North Pacifican, but Pope Lexus X was born in the South Pacific too I believe!

JB: Being Gatesville's foreign affairs advocate, would you care to (or are you allowed to) speculate on what might be next for Gatesville?
PL: Gatesville's future is unknown as always. Anything could happen here, but I can say is that it's going to be a lot of fun, and if I am right, the whole of NS will see lots of fun in the coming year.

JB: What are you like RL? What with your Evil Pope pictures and all, I'm sort of imagining you as the Pope from the Papal rendition of 'Come My Minions Rise'.
PL: My IC character is similar to my OOC personage, only with some added extras thrown in. I was an actor at one stage (a bad one at that), so originally when I joined here it was as research for a part I played, so I try to experiment with different attributes as I go, though my own beliefs reflect the Pope Lexus X character generally..*heads off to the bar*

JB: Well, thank you for your time.
PL: Thank you for giving me the opportunity! Now go find me a drink.

Written by Kostemensia

The Gatesville People's Choice Awards

Hosted by the wonderful Pope Lexus X, the People's Choice Awards returned to Gatesville last December, seeing several members of the region scoop up a popie of their own. The awards and winners are listed below:

A) Best High Council Member - Gates The God
B) Best Moment - The Ancelt Bar&Grill Ball of Drunks
C) Best Role-Player - Kraut Killers
D) Best Member - Kraut Killers
E) Best Newcomer - Aisli
F) Best Drunk - Ancelt
G) Most Random - Sonya
H) Least Sane - Ancelt
I) Best Hair - Nevadar
J) Most Humourous - Gorrillapigs
K) Best Dressed - Dar-Zarruk
L) Best Contribution to Gatesville - Nevadar
M) Life-Time Achievement Award - Dante

On top of winning the Life-Time Achievement Award, Dante was also entered into the Gatesville Hall of Fame, an honour that no non-High Council member has ever been given before.

Interview With Darkesia

Today, Gatesville Gazette Internal Affairs reporter James Bovill interviews in/famous Security Advocate Darkesia about life, the universe, and everything.

JB: Hi Darkesia! How are you today?
D: I'm quite well. Thank you for asking, James.

JB: Can we take a short look at the history of your nation?
D: Much of The Chocolate Loving Paradise of Darkesia's history is clouded in shadow. But a few mile posts along the way help keep it in focus.
Darkesia was born into TNP and first became aware of it's surroundings in the world at the beginning of "The Pixiedance affair."

Chocolate operations were sporadic because of the instability of the region and the Darkesian people were in a constant state of confusion. Never knowing who was in charge from one minute to the next became too much for the people and a satellite nation "The Darkesian State of Complete Confusion" was created in order to help the people learn more of what drove the world. Complete Confusion took up residence in Lemuria and remains there today.

The nation Darkesia drifted from region to region, learning more and more of the world around us. Darkesian chocolate factories have operated out of many regions, from TNP refugee camps to Security regions across the world to the jackbooted lands of the Gatesville allies, The Pacific.

The Darkesian people are honored to be opening a chocolate factory or two here in Gatesville. The people are quite nice and the alcohol is lovely here.

JB: You're the High Council's security advocate - what exactly does that involve?
D: My job is to assist Gates in any way I can to assure that the region remains Secure against all threats. In real terms it just means another pair of hands to help with the work load already being handled most effectively by existing groups within Gatesville.

JB: What are your interests in real life?
D: In RL I have a great many interests. I have a degree in Physics and love to learn about what makes our world tick. I love books... it's a fetish actually. hehe
Chocolate of course! Politics and world events fascinate and frustrate me on a regular basis. I like hiking and camping more than I like staying in fancy hotels. I hate shopping. Let me repeat: I hate shopping! even for shoes.

JB: I've noticed your nation is a Chocolate Loving Paradise. What sort of chocolate? :P
D: All kinds of chocolate, darling :)

JB: Any profound words for the people of Gatesville?
D: I like the word "flavorful." It rolls off the tongue and is easy to type.

JB: Thanks for taking some time out to speak to us.
D: Thank you for having me, dear.

Written by Kostemensia

Interregional Affairs

Several interesting developments have occured over the last while involving Gatesville, and the interregional community. Primarily there is the Interregional Conference held on the Neutral Territory forum, which was started by Pope Lexus X, hosted by Darkesia, and aided by several notable members of the NS community from Kandarin of The Rejected Realms, TAO of The West Pacific, Westwind of The North Pacific & Equilism, Gates the God of Gatesville and several others.

The Conference has been running since the 7th of January, and has seen many issues raised, resolved, and sadly also unresolved. Originally started to deal with the question of activity in NS, the conference has been successful in making these issues known to the wider community, and also has paved the way for a very interesting future. What will happen as a result of this conference is yet to be seen, but perhaps more will be reported next issue.

Secondly on the interregional stage is the resumption of relations between The North Pacific and Gatesville with the recent appointment of Lewis and Clark to the Delegate position of TNP. We here in Gatesville look forward to better times with TNP, and hope to resolve the issues that shadow us from relations in a darker past.

Interview With Westwind (aka Lewis and Clark)

Nidrama: We are here tonight with Westwind aka Lewis and Clark. Monarch of Equilism and Delegate-Elect of The North Pacific. Good to meet you. How are you this evening?
Westwind: Well, my knee aches, my daughter is sick, but other than that....oh...sorry. Fine thank you !
Nidrama: So, is the Monarch the equivalent of the Delegate or is that the Founder position?
Westwind: The Monarch is the Keeper of the Founder nation, Equility. Our delegate has the title of Chancellor of the Realm, and Ambassador to the UN.
Westwind: The Monarch in Equilism is Head of State, but not Head of Government. That role is served by the Lord Chancellor, currently Tarricoe.
Nidrama: So Equility is controlled by you and Tarricoe is UN Delegate?
Westwind: Yes, I control Equility, however, Tarricoe is not the delegate. The Delegate is a separate office and is only involved in handling our UN votes.
Westwind: Our delegate, Chancellor of the Realm, is currently Garneska
Nidrama: Where did you get the name Equility from?
Westwind: Equility was our original founder. He later named Ostendt and myself as co-founders. Ostendt retired, and then Equility become overwhelmed with RL, leaving me as the last remaining co-founder.
Westwind: To keep the concept of three co-founders, we now have the Triumvirate of Guardians, which consists of the Monarch, The Lord High Advocate, and the Governor General positions. The LHA is Chaucerin, the GG is Neo Conservatism. The Guardians hold emergency powers in the region.
Nidrama: what is their role?
Nidrama: what is the role of the LHA and GG?
Westwind: The Lord High Advocate leads the Judicial branch, while the Governor General represents The College - our Legislative branch. The Triumvirate of Guardians are empowered to ensure the health of the region, and take emergencies actions when needed. It takes two Guardians to take an emergency action, to ensure that one person cannot make decisions for the whole region.
Westwind: The Guardians took emergency actions during the last election cycle to process College applicants so that they could vote, and to appoint a new Delegate, as there were no candidates.
Nidrama: ah
Nidrama: What got you involved in The North Pacific?
Westwind: I first became interested in TNP in the early days of Equilism. They were one of the first regions that we established an alliance with, and were also allied with TNP as a member of ADN. Those were the days of Magicality. Wilkshear was ambassador to Equilism.
Westwind: The E-Army often participated in missions with the NPA, and worked closely with TNP's Defense Ministers. For a time, Ananke was given secure access on Equilism's forums.
Westwind: Later, Equilism was also allied to TNP through the A.L.L., and then came the time of UPS Rail and Great Bight.
Westwind: We fought to remove Great Bight, and finally succeeded in the Puppetmaster attack. I lead the E-Army in the attack, which was the largest defender army participating in the action.
Nidrama: What is the ALL ?
Westwind: Allied Liberation League
Westwind: A.L.L. was a much less political defender organization than ADN was.
Nidrama: How was the ALL different than the ADN? Are they inactive ?
Westwind: A.L.L. has been gone for some time now, sadly. A.L.L. was a mutual defense and intelligence sharing alliance. And any missions that came up for defense, were purely voluntary. A.L.L. did not have a governmental structure as did ADN.
Nidrama: How is it that people support Great Bight's Mum now vs. then during the Puppetmaster War ?
Westwind: Two different nations. Great Bight, and Great Bights Mum.
Westwind: Great Bights Mum fought against Great Bight as well.
Westwind: I still have a telegram over 1000 days old from Great Bights Mum. *chuckles*
Nidrama: Why were both having similar names? Was one actually the Mum of the other?
Westwind: No, it was a joke on Great Bight's name.
Nidrama: What made you decide to run for delegate of TNP?
Westwind: Just think....your mum has come to scold you for taking TNP.
Westwind: I had been thinking of running for Vice Delegate under the previous constitution. At that time, I knew I wasn't active enough to fill the role of Delegate, but could help out in time of need. But my activity has returned, and I believed that I could help bring a return of activity in the region.
Westwind: While many who have left the region into inactivity discouraged me, saying that it was a waste of effort, I still beleive in TNP.
Nidrama: Why did those inactive people try to discourage you?
Westwind: How can I best put it ? They feel that TNP is a lost cause. The region having tied itself up in beauracracy, among other things. They put their efforts in with hopes to make a great region once again, and were frustrated.
Westwind: But we have, after a glacier 5 month process, acheived a new Constitution that reinvests authority in the Delegate, and gives the opportunity for leadership to give direction to the region again.
Westwind: We have a new chance to make The North Pacific a vital and active region once again.
Nidrama: What could you offer as delegate
Nidrama: that the other candidates cannot?
Westwind: Primarily, I offer a deep and wide ranging experience. I have served in all capacities in Equilism, as a Delegate, Prime Minister, President, Senator, Foreign Minister, Defense Minister, Interior Minister, Intelligence Minister and now Monarch. I served in ADN as Deputy and Acting Director, Secretary of Defense, Intel Board of Directors, Prosecutor General, and Director of Public Affairs.
Westwind: I have a knowledge and experience of the History of The North Pacific, and have administered multiple large NS forums.
Westwind: I have successfully taken a region that has fallen into inactivity, and revived it to be a vital and successful region once again.
Westwind: That's a long resume way of to simply show a history of experience and success in NS, and a true concern for the welfare of TNP.
Nidrama: Aside from your history and experience, what did your platform offer, that the other candidates did not?
Westwind: It was not so much a platform that I offered, other than proactive action against our problems of inactivity.
Westwind: We cannot afford to let inactivity lead to the creeping death of our communities, or to the long slow death of NationStates.
Westwind: We must be willing to do what is required to spur activity, and get our members interested and involved.
Westwind: Sometimes that means taking controversial actions, which takes a strong will to do at times.
Nidrama: Controversial actions? What do you mean?
Westwind: An example would be my appointment of Dalimbar to lead Defense and Security for the region. He was the 'rogue delegate' of our summer slump. And here I've gone and appointed him to my cabinet.
Westwind: Dalimbar though, has my complete confidence. He has proven experience and abilities, and a willingness to be creative and inventive. Those are the kinds of qualities I want in my cabinet.
Westwind: When he became a 'rogue delegate', he did so out of concern for the region. He saw the inactivity, and the inability of the region to move forward due to the beauracracy filled with inactive officials. He wanted to save the region's community from it's death.
Nidrama: What other plans do you have for The North Pacific?
Westwind: Right now, the plan is to work to get the new government into place, and help develop the new policies, procedures, and laws that our new Constitution does not take care of. That in itself presents much work for us in the coming weeks. O
Westwind: Some things will be welcomed, and some may bring controversy, but time will tell.
Nidrama: would you mind elaborating on your plans?
Westwind: Ah, but that would ruin the suspense of : "what will he do next ?"
Nidrama: I'm sure our readers are curious of what you have in store though, your Highness
Westwind: For now, I am focused on our new RMB recruitment ad policies, our new SpamBusters, the reorganization of the NPA and NPIA, and a reevaluation of our foreign policies.
Nidrama: You mention foreign policy
Nidrama: How can you ensure it will not conflict with your roles in Equilism?
Westwind: That's an interesting question, but not difficult to answer. As Delegate, I have executive authority over our foreign policy in TNP, though I must present any signed agreements or treaties to the Regional Assembly. As Monarch in Equilism, the role is rather reversed. The Equilism government has the executive role over foreign policy. Should a treaty be passed by The College...
Westwind: ...it requires my signature to be ratified.
Westwind: The policy of a feeder region is different from that of a UCR.
Westwind: There are different security concerns that have to be considered. Different communities to defend.
Nidrama: Do TNP has strong ties with Equilism?
Westwind: I think that is a fair assesment. We no longer have any agreements or alliance between the regions. But TNP has not been a region to persue much in that line for a long time. Equilism has defended TNP though, numerous times. UPS Rail, Great Bight, Pixiedance, Chodean Kal, Emperor Matthius. Equilism defended TNP against all of those, supporting the recognized government.
Nidrama: so how do you feel it may not be a conflict of interests?
Westwind: Equilism and TNP share many commonalities. Both having had a history of defending for example. Also, The North Pacific recognizes the concept of duality. So one persona does not neccessarily equal the other. I work in each individually, for the benefit of each individually.
Nidrama: Do you feel people will find conflict with your roles in both areas?
Westwind: It's always possible that some might, but I don't think it is an issue. There have often been TNP leaders that have strong involvement in other regions.
Nidrama: Do you wish to have stronger ties with Gatesville?
Westwind: It has been unfortunate that The North Pacific has been at odds with Gatesville. Equilism also expressed it's concern over Gatesville's support of Emperor Matthius. But in many ways we need to move forward, and I beleive that this is one of those. It is not healthy for us to have no relations with Gatesville. I do hope to reopen relations between our regions.
Nidrama: Do you believe Gatesville will support such ties?
Westwind: I hope that they will. I've always had an appreciation for Gatesville, and I think that it's been a failing on my part that I have not gotten to know the region better than I do. That probably goes back to my days in the ADN however, as they were concerned over the support given to The Pacific in those days.
Nidrama: Do you have any advice for those not sure about staying in NS in these times?
Westwind: That's a tough one. I'm really concerned that the next summer slump may be the last. Each year, the slump lasts longer.
Westwind: We may have come to that last chance that we've all feared would come. We have a good five months now, to bring life and hope to NationStates. I hope to be a part of that, and give what I can of myself and my efforts to give us hope for the future.
Westwind: Give it that one more chance. Put in a little effort. I've heard all the arguements - and that it's all been done before. Maybe so. But why are you still here, if you're so pessimistic ? With a little effort, we can make a game of it again.
Nidrama: How would you suggest people put in effort?
Westwind: Just simply get involved again. Post something on your forum, post on your RMB. Yes, it's the same things you've already done, but the game has fallen back to that point again. It's regressed and it will require effort if you want the game to come back. Recruit for your region, make it someplace inviting. Welcome the new nations, make them want to stick around. Give them something to do....
Westwind: and don't make them wait forever to do something
Westwind: Our regions became too security minded, so that we block people from participating in our foreign ministries, legislatures and militaries. We need more openess. Regions need to re-engage each other.
Westwind: Just participate.
Nidrama: How open do you mean? What about reconciliation for those who have been forced out of regions?
Westwind: By open, I mean that regions need to make it easy for new nations to get involved. And don't make them wait. Some regions first make new players wait just to get validated to post on their forum. If the administrators aren't active regularly, then those players won't stick around - you've lost a potential gem ! Some make new members wait an inordiante amount of time before they can join any...
Westwind: of their ministries. Move them along as quickly as you can. New blood brings new ideas and new vitality.
Westwind: As to the second part of your question, I'm more hesitant on that. There is usually good reason for people having been forced out of a region. Only three have been permanently banned from Equilism in it's four year history. And the bans remain in effect.
Westwind: But that is something that is up to each region to consider.
Nidrama: Fair enough. Good luck Westwind. Thank you for your time
Westwind: Thank you for your time as well.

Written by Nidrama

In Other News..

The PD have been dealing successfully with more spammers recently including the removal of Sir Nukes-a-lot from the region. While Sir Nukes has been a good contributor to the RMB activity, it was decided that several of his comments were too offensive, and having ignored several PD warnings, the PD decided to request his banning from the region.

Respected PD, and GG member, Kostemensia is currently considering the creation of a Feeder News Service. We eagerly await further news on this.

Long-time member, Pysker Bearzekers has returned to the region, and should hopefully be resuming the Editing of the Gatesville Gazette soon!

Top Quote

Nevadar(concerning the deployment to Lazarus):
Go go gadget Army!

This edition of the Gatesville Foreign Report was brought to you by Pope Lexus X, with thanks to Nidrama, Kostemensia, Darkesia, Westwind, Deus Ex Pecunia & Dante.
You stay classy Nationstates.

GatesvilleBanner2.png

Good evening nations of TNP (well, it's actually morning now for me). I would like to introduce myself. I am Kraut Killers, Gatesville's new Foreign Affairs Advocate. We wish to put the recent unpleasantness behind us and start anew. There will be an official statement from the High Council of Gatesville released within the next few days. Until then, enjoy our latest update. (in a new post of course)

GatesvilleBanner2.png

Issue 6

Gatesville Stats
Regional UN Delegate: Nevadar
Gatesville Population: 813 Nations

From the Desk of the FA Advocate

Evening all, this will be my last update for a long while, due to the fact that I will be leaving soon due to the RL beast rearing it's ugly head (again!). As you can see I've given up using the term retiring, as I know full well that I'll be back eventually, so fret not. Moving swiftly onwards, in this issue you'll see St. Patricks Day in Gatesville (and West Gatesville), the great fall of the UN, and various goings on from your favourite anti-WA region! Enjoy!

A New Beginning..

And announcement from the HC of Gatesville on April 5th 2008

Great Nations,

Today marks a new dawn on the world as we know it. True enough the great beast has been slain, and freedom has returned to it's captives. The United Nations has finally been reduced to nothing. In the immortal words of Max Barry the UN "has spectacularly imploded in a colossal fireball of extra-dimensional inanity."

We, the great nations of Gatesville, have worked tirelessly for over 4 years for the betterment of our world, in opposition to this monster, however now we have won. While the U.N. of another world (the infamous "RL" world) may have been the ultimate cause of it's defeat, it has clearly been shown that our part in it's downfall has been so great, as to be worthy of a mention in the Nationstates News by Max Barry himself, a priveledge that no other region has received before.

We now stand with a new beginning. With the almost certain passing of the World Assembly resolution, we will begin again with a clean slate, and we the High Council of Gatesville will work once more to stop the corruption of this new organization, and should this happen, then once more we will stop at nothing to see it's downfall.

The fight goes on !!!
Hail Gatesville !!!

3un.gif

Gatesville Hits It's Target

St. Patricks Day Festival

March 17th marked the first ever St. Patricks Day festival in Gatesville, comprising of a Festival Ball/Drinking area, a survivor contest, and several incriminating moments involving the High Council. Yes, things ran as smoothly as ever here in Gatesville!

The Survivor Contest was a new addition to the Gatesville repatoire, which involved the ejecting of nations from the region, "The Gatesville Tavern". This contest was met with such enthusiasm, that a second session has been organised and has already begun! The winner of the first contest, was none other than the Seneschal of Lazarus, Aisli!

We'd like to thank Dante, who organised the festival, and all those who partook from Gatesville, Equilism, Lazarus, Potchen..who made the festival that bit more enjoyable.

greenriver.jpg

Gatesville Goes Green for Paddy's Day Festival

Appreciation Weeks

Recently in Gatesville, two longtime well-respected members have been given their own weeks of appreciation for their tireless efforts in making the region what it is today. These are none other than Lady Warden, and Lady Nevadar. Gates the God had this to say:

Regarding Lady Warden:
Not only does Lady Warden whip my butt and take my cash in poker she’s drank me under the table on several occasions. This is her week for the High Council and all Gatesvillians to have the chance to honor this magnificent lady. For over 4 years now she has worked daily and diligently recruiting nations to the glory of Gatesville, hundreds of hours spent for our region she is the best of us. Lady Warden is a member of The Gatesville Hall of Fame and our current Consiglieri to the High Council. When troubled times come upon us and tough decisions must be made I always seek her advice and guidance.

Regarding Lady Nevadar:
In honor of our great Princess Nevadar celebrating her two years as our delegate I hear by declare this Nevadar week where we can all honor and pay tribute to our great gal. All portraits of me that grace the entrance of every public building in Gatesville will now be replaced by a painting of her during this celebration.

I shall comment first. The Princess is our heart and soul she’s lead us through trying times and victorious occasions. Its leaders like her that make our region so special and she is irreplaceable we are all blessed by her presence. When I have to make a major decision in regards to our region I contact her and LW for advice. I communicate with her often and we’ve helped each other when things go bad for either of us.

We in the Foreign Affairs Department, would like to extend our own thanks, and appreciation for the work and dedication that has inspired so many in Gatesville, and around Nationstates.

av-17.jpg
av-367.jpg

Lady Nevadar & Lady Warden

New High Council Appointments

With the resignation of Pope Lexus X and Accelerus, two new High Council members have been appointed, Kostemetsia has been appointed to the position of World Assembly Advocate, and Kraut Killers has been appointed to the position of Foreign Affairs Advocate.

Both members have shown extreme dedication during their time here, and the High Council was unanimous in it's decision to appoint them both. We here wish them both the best of luck in their new positions, and good luck to Kraut who'll have to write these reports!

Both former HC members have resigned due to RL circumstances which are keeping them from NS, however we wish them the best, and hope they return again someday.

An Interview with Intelligence

Hello readers this is PB and today we are Interviewing Loyal High Council Member; Intelligence Advocate, Twelvth Reich.

TR: Hi. [The Following Response Has Been Edited And Classified For Red Clearence Only]

PB: How Is life in the HC these days?
*TR looks over his shoulder several times and speaks quietly into his afro.*
TR: You know I can't answer that...

PB: Uh, right, right... Well then have you been doing anything new lately?
TR: Anything new is on a need to know basis.

PB: What about things you've done in the past?
TR: that stays classified until all involved are deceased.

PB: How about your favorite thing to drink these days?
TR: Now that I can answer. Drambuie on the rocks, there's a winner every time.
ad20a.jpg

PB: Who have you been spending time with lately? Any special ladies you've been sharing those drinks with?
TR: PB, I like you, so don't make me kill you for asking too much.

PB: Righto...
After scrapping half my questions i arrive at a gem...
PB: Where do you see yourself after The High Council? I mean, A Gatesvillian can go no higher. are you going to be in the High Council till the end of your days as all

TR: Actually Psyker, this old dog has been in the High Council for two years now and is running out of tricks. There's a few bright young sparks that I'm training for the day, soon coming, that one of them will fill my position. Citizens of Gatesville can rest easy, knowing that their safety is in good hands.

PB: Haha, you mean not yours?!
TR: Didn't I just say i didn't want to kill you Psyker?

PB: Right, so who are the young bloods that you're grooming for your current position.
TR: Does it matter? *TR adjust his fro for better reception* Once they do become the Intelligence Advocate not only withll their Identities be erased but their memories as well, they will have to be reconditioned under the scrutiny of the High Council and the Minister of Propaganda and Paranoia during their retraining and that would be you...
PB: Why thank you for your con...
TR: Shut up, I wasn't finished. After several years, they should be a finely tuned instrument to wield upon the enemies of sovereignty. You may speak once more.

PB: While I'm still a 'citizen' I think we'd better stop since we've learned too much about our Intelligence Advocate, Further more, I advise anyone finishing this article to deny ever have reading it.

Gazette Special Bulletin

Applications are now being taking for a new Media Advocate after an unforseen knife in the back, sandwich, yes that's right, he choked on a sandwich. Pysker Bearzerkers, who has been with Gatesville since the franchise days, will be paraded through Gatesville as part of the "A Lesson for All" float in this years St. Patrick's Day Festival.

~The Gatesville High Council~

The Comedy Stylings of Gorillapigs

I would have made a "Best Quote" section, but GP has made so many, that he now gets his own section here. Here are the best:

I have another problem and I really need advice on what could be a crucial
decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs ... Phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".
I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why! maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her mobile phone up just to see what time it was. She went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my 2006 Yamaha R1 motorcycle next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my Yamaha R1, that I noticed that the valve covers on my engine seemed to be leaking a little oil. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Talking of driving, I was on my way to the airport this morning on the AP7 motorway, I looked over to my left and there was a woman in a brand new BMW doing 90 miles per hour with her face up close to the mirror putting on her eyeliner!!!! Shocked, I looked away for a couple of seconds and when I looked back she was still putting on the makeup but drifting halfway into my lane!! It scared me so much that I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the bacon roll out of my other hand. In all the confusion of trying to straighten up the car using my knees against the steering wheel, it knocked my mobile from my ear, which fell into the coffee between my
legs, causing it to splash and burn BIG JIM AND THE TWINS, causing me to scream,
which made me drop the cigarette out of my mouth, ruined my shirt and DISCONNECTED AN IMPORTANT CALL.
Bl**dy Women Drivers!!!!!!!

Foreign Affair News

It is with great pleasure that I announce the opening of embassies with; La Mafia, The Black Hawks, The Last Kingdom, and Tokugawa Japan! We look forward to getting to know these very distinguished regions as soon as possible!

It is also with great sadness that I announced the closure of our embassy with Taijitu, due to their own demands, and of our embassy in the NS Public Embassies forum. Last month I expressed my enthusiasm of this organisation, however it became apparent that the NSPE was being used as a breeding grounds to gather allies against Gatesville. The forum however is run by a neutral host, Romenoch, and I still encourage other regions to use this service, but not to abuse it as others clearly have.

Extras..

-The PD has been dealing round the clock with more spammers than usual, and this last while has even seen one banjection by Gates of the nation, Nationaltopia.

-The Order of the Gryphons has been re-opened in Gatesville, with a new Chapter Master, Pope Lexus X, two new applicants, Kostemetsia & Anti-Pope, and the return of an old knight, Thorncraftland.

-West Gatesville April fool's day prank leaves many Gatesvillians clinging onto painkillers in new parts of the world.

This edition of the Gatesville Foreign Report was brought to you by Pope Lexus X, with thanks to Kraut Killers, Kostemensia, Pysker Bearzerkers, Twelvth Reich & Dante.
You stay classy Nationstates.

From the High Council of Gatesville:

Mighty Nations,

As you all may know, Gatesville once again sent her army into The North Pacific to support the WA Delegate Lewis and Clark. Many claimed that Gatesville was attempting to take control of a feeder. However, Gatesville’s troops did not move with intent to conquer, but with the intent to ensure that TNP stayed active by supporting Lewis and Clark. Unfortunately, Lewis and Clark himself fell into inactivity, and the High Council of Gatesville felt it was in the best interests of all parties involved to withdraw the Gatesville Guard and hope that the Old Guard would continue to keep the region active. So far, it seems that Gatesville’s ultimate goal has been accomplished. To ensure that the unpleasantness between our two mighty regions is indeed over, the High Council of Gatesville and the government of The North Pacific agreed to the following treaty:

From this day forth, let there be peace between the peoples of Gatesville and the peoples of The North Pacific (TNP) who dwell on Z13 and in the regions they represent.

1. By this treaty the people of Gatesville and the people of TNP put behind them all insults, satire and ultimata posted on RMBs, offsite forums and IRC channels. In particular, TNP apologizes for the hurt and insults given to Gatesville by Flemingovia. In penance Flemingovia shall display an appropriate avatar and signature for the period of one month.

2. The founder, delegate, government and people of Gatesville and TNP shall respect the sovereign right of the other region to determine their own affairs. They will not infiltrate, engage in espionage, or move troops into the other region unless it to fight a third party invader, at the request of the region’s government.

3. All Gatesville troopers and their allies currently deployed in TNP shall be immediately recalled, both parties to this treaty acknowledging that they have fought well and with honour, and have achieved redress for the insults that led to their deployment to TNP.

This treaty is witnessed this day between our governments and regions. Let this treaty be the start of friendship between our regions, as the past is consigned to the past and we look to a future of peace and prosperity for both our regions.

GatesvilleBanner2.png

Issue 7

Gatesville Stats
Regional WA Delegate: Darkesia
Gatesville Population: 836 Nations

From the Foreign Affairs Advocate

Yes, I’m still alive and kicking. Between work, department restructuring, and a demon called dial-up internet, I have managed to get this update completed and out to all of our embassies. Now, I know I'm no Pope Lexus, but hopefully you'll enjoy this latest edition of the GV Foreign Report as much as you've enjoyed those in the past. So sit back, kick off your shoes, and read about the latest happenings in Gatesville.

The Winds of Change

May 11 was a day of shock and sadness across Gatesville. In a move that left even the most alert people absolutely bewildered, Nevadar retired from her position as Gatesville's WA Delegate.

Nevadar:
Well, guys, this has been a very, very long time in coming, but the day is finally here. With all of the current hullabaloo in my personal real life, I have been neglecting Gatesville more and more. I expect that when I begin veterinary school this fall, my available time is going to decrease even further. It is time for me to move on, and for Gatesville to return to having an active and dedicated delegate who can lead us to a new path. It has been an honor and a privilege serving as your delegate, so I am now going to step down to the less time-consuming role as Princess. I will still be around here and there, and I will still step in to stomp some heads if anyone disrespects Gates (yes, I am talking to YOU), but I need to focus on my real life and my schooling at the present time.

Reactions from Gatesville's citizens were almost as if Nevadar was leaving us forever. While some wrote of their experiences with Nev, others simply wished her luck. Nev influenced every single GV citizen in some way, shape, or form. She was a mentor to many and a great help to all. Were it not for her faith in me and seeing some potential, I myself might still be a lowly private in the GG.

As Nevadar stepped back to her former role as Gatesville's Princess, she was once more given the spotlight as she became the latest addition to Gatesville's Hall of Fame, expanding it's hallowed ranks to a mere 10 members. To be considered one the great members of Gatesville is an honor that is unmatched and through her dedicated work, Nev earned it.

With Nevadar's retirement still fresh in our minds, it was time to set our sights towards the future of Gatesville. With a nomination from Nevadar and unanimous approval from the Gatesville High Council, former GV Security Advocate Darkesia became the latest person to hold the lucrative position of Gatesville's WA Delegate. So far Darkesia has seemed to be the pinch that Gatesville needed to get back in the game. Working alongside GV's newly appointed WA Advocate, Kostemetsia, Darkesia has breathed new life into Gatesville's WA department. We all wish Darkesia the best of luck and stand behind her and Gates as the reigns of our mighty region are passed to another set of hands.

In the interim between Nevadar's retirement and Darkesia's ascension to delegate, one of Gatesville's longtime members, Surfer Chicks, became the delegate of Gatesville for two days. In typical Gatesville fashion a party was thrown and booze flowed freely throughout the land.

GUN... Run?

The Gatesville Guard was on the move again as it marched in to support the forces of The West Pacific in their invasion of the Global Union of Nations (GUN). Gatesville was initially neutral in the conflict, but in a flash of stupidity, several of GUN's members made a few callous comments about Gatesville's WA Delegate, Darkesia. Gatesville's reaction was swift and the Guard's deployment ensured the region of GUN would never rise again. After the deployment there was a round of promotions within the Guard to reward the hard work of all of our fine soldiers.

army_7.jpg

Gatesville soldiers clearing the GUN house by house.

A Brave New World

Gatesville is proud to announce that we've signed an alliance treaty with the Great Green Federation. The treaty has widespread effects concerning military matters involving either region. The treaty is outlined below:

In signing this treaty, the two great and sovereign regions of The Great Green Federation and Gatesville each recognize the ruling government of the other and pledge to unite in solidarity.

As such, we jointly make the following declarations:

I. Each government pledges that its military shall fully support the other in matters of defense. This includes the regions of The Great Green Federation and Gatesville as well as protectorates, with other allied regions to be optional, Member regions of The Great Green Federation shall also be fully supported in matters of defence.

II. Each government pledges to share any intelligence that relates to the security or well being of the other. It is encouraged but not mandatory that intelligence relating to regions allied with the other party also be shared.

III. Each government shall maintain an embassy in the region of the other, in order to continue good communication.

IV. Each government is encouraged but not obliged to support the other politically in matters of regional sovereignty and foreign affairs.

This alliance having been draughted to help create a strong bond between The Great Green Federation and Gatesville, it shall also serve to provide recognition that the two regions shall strive to work together throughout the ages.
Signed by appropriate parties,

Great Green Federation Supreme Council:
Dren
Lexus
Zy3res
Potchen
Freaky Friends
Baergalore

The Gatesville High Council:
Gates the God
Darkesia
Kostemetsia
Kraut Killers
Dar-Zarruk
Sudros
GM Warden
The Twelvth Reich
Nikocujo

We here in Gatesville hope that this treaty will ensure the continuation of cooperation between our two mighty regions and ensure that both regions will stand until the end of days.

treatysigning.jpg

The High Council of Gatesville and the Supreme Council of the GGF signing the alliance treaty.

Gatesville Survivor

survivor_logo.png

In what has rapidly become a great success, Gatesville Survivor is the new game sweeping through the region. The rules are quite simple. Move a puppet nation to the region Gatesville Survivor and wait to be ejected from the region. The last nation remaining is the winner. Ejections are based off of a random number generator and what person is in that spot in the daily WA rankings. We're currently in the middle of Season 4. The winners of the first three seasons are listed below:

Season 1: Aisli
Season 2: Sudros
Season 3: Randomone

Who will be the next winner of Gatesville Survivor? Stay tuned to find out.

Rockin', Rollin', and Restructurin'

The Foreign Affairs Department is currently in the middle of restructuring embassies and setting up a policy to ensure the department runs as smoothly as possible. The changes will be implemented a bit slowly as each embassy needs to be reviewed to ensure activity is satisfactory and the actual embassy restructuring is done. Once the changes are complete, it will be much easier to access the embassies for all parties involved. If there are any problems during the embassy restructuring, feel free to send me a PM on the Gatesville forums and I'll take a look at it right away.

Amigas y Rivales

It is my great pleasure to announce the opening of embassies with The Alliance of Dictators, Earth Reborn, The New Inquisition, Europeia, and The New Revolution.

I must also announce the indefinite closure of Gatesville's embassy with the Pacific due to a breakdown in friendly relations between the two regions.

The Morning Coffee, Biscuits, Paranoia, and Funny Pages

Psyker Bearzerkers:
You may be hidden! But you are not invisible! The eyes of the High council see through your shroud and are keen enough to see your face!

You think of yourself so highly as to tip-toe through Gatesville, while I am wasting money at the Bar and Grill with other middle council members, the work horses if this region, the illustrious High Council, are watching you. they can see you bold as brass, how dare you think that they don't keep tabs on every nation here! Loyal citizens and those who think themselves above stupidity that they would call themselves spies.

The hills have eyes! The walls have ears! The clouds have infrared scanners and the rugs has pressure sensitive receptors! You are always under the microscope! Never forget where you are and the fact that Gatesville is a juggernaut for a reason!

Hail Gatesville!

Unfortunately our comedy writer, Gorillapigs, was unable to submit a column for this edition as he had some personal problems to attend to. When asked if he had any material, he had this to say.

Gorillapigs:
Not at the moment, I'm having some RL issues with my family. My grandfather who lives in Warsaw has told me that during the war, a beautiful young Jewish girl knocked on his door and begged for help in hiding from the Nazis, so he hid her in his attic. It was a dangerous thing to do because if she'd have been found they'd have both been killed. Anyway, after a while this girl started repaying his kindness with sexual favours, although I can understand how under those circumstances he was weak and betrayed my grandmother, I am having real problems trying to convince him to tell her that the war is over.

Other bits

After a long lull in the roleplay/fan fiction department, Gatesville's Cultural Advocate, Dante, has gotten a story started that seems to have spawned several more different stories. The fan fiction area hasn't been active in quite some time, so every little bit of activity helps. Anybody who is registered on the GV forum can participate in the stories. Simply go to the sign up thread of the story you like and post any necessary information there. You can see the stories and even suggest your own here. (link to fan fiction)

The GVPD has been busy cracking down on spammers and rule breakers within GV. They do a great job keeping the forum and the RMB neat and tidy. Keep up the great work guys.

And so comes the end of yet another FA report from Gatesville. Keep on your toes, you never know what might happen next.

Shalom,

Kraut Killers

Greetings, TNP!

My name is Anonymiss, and I am the new ambassador from Gatesville! I will keep you updated with news from Gatesville.

Back