TNP Welcoming Committee

I'm starting up another mini-organization within the MoC--the TNP Welcoming Committee. Basically, it's a group of people who are willing to help newcomers to the game and region get situated and find their way around how to do things. Plus, hopefully, we'll be able to show them more ways to have fun in NS.

Its goals will be threefold:
  • Teach them the basics about NS.
  • Convince them to stay in TNP.
  • Convince them to join the forums and be active in governance and on the RMB.
**SUPER IMPORTANT**
I can't do all this myself, and neither Soig nor I can be around all the time, so I am in need of someone to supervise and lay out some more concrete plans for this program. Therefore, I'm looking for someone to be a Director for the Welcoming Committee and take care of day-to-day activities like recruiting, planning, organization, and whatnot.

Please respond here or in a PM to me if you'd be interested.

Initial Plan
The initial plan is pretty much to catch new nations as they come up in the Regional Happenings bit and telegram them a welcome message. The message ought to pretty much give a brief gist about:
  • answering issues
  • UN status
  • endorsements
  • moving regions
  • posting on the RMB
  • telegramming, etc.
Y'know...newbie stuff. It should probably also mention in passing off-site governance, invading/defending, politics, etc. Then, pimp TNP and our forums a bit. Try to open a bit of dialog between you and the nation. NS can be scary and boring when you first enter, so it's nice to have a friendly face.

I'll try to maybe draw up some examples later on. Cool.

Questions?

If everyone does a little no one has to do a lot.

I have a question. What's an effective way to get people to listen, beating out all the crazy recruitospam we're sure to compete with for inbox space?

Back