Court nominations

I have reached a decision concerning the nomination of the next Chief Justice of the Court of The North Pacific.
I have decided to nominate Democratic Donkeys to be the next Chief Justice. Because this nomination would create a vacancy in one of the Associate Justice positions, I am nominating Poltsamaa to serve the remaining three months of Democratic Donkeys’ term as Associate Justice.
Both nominationd require the advice and consent of the Cabinet, before they are voted on for confirmation in the Regional Assembly.
I ask that the voting members of the Cabinet post their votes to advise and consent as to each nomination in this thread.
Assuming a majority is obtained in favor of each nomination, I will then forward the nominations to the Regional Assembly for an immediate vote on confirmation.

We're awating votes from the Minister of External Affairs, the acting Minister of Communications, the Minister of Culture and Education, and the Minister of Arts and Entertainment

With my aye vote to both, and noting the two abstentions, that makes a majority of the Cabinet 4-0-2 with 2 not yet voting.

So that consistutes a tepid advice and consent, but sufficient to take them o a vote.

I realize one of the nominations is causing pause, but the submission came with recommendations from people I respect, so like other issues, I'll leave it to the Regional Assembly voters to decide.

Back