Election Commissioners needed

I have consulted with FEC, and both she and I plan on being candidates in the upcoming elections.
That makes both of us ineligible to serve as Election Commissioners, which means two Election Commissioners are needed to run the Elections.
They need to be in place by January 15th, which is next Minday. The appointees cannot be running for anything (including the Security Council).

Suggestions and volunteers are welcomed!

*grumbles to self*

It did rather irk me to see the elections being run last time without me being involved somehow (no offense meant to those in charge, you did a fine job).

I'll be willing to help if the Cabinet wishes.

I'm not running for any office in the upcoming election. If you need me, I'll be available.

TNP Law 5 Section1:
C - In the event either or both the Prime Minister and the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs intend to be candidates for election, then the Prime Minister and the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs shall designate, with the consent of a majority of the remaining Cabinet Ministers, not less than one nor more than two persons to serve as Election Commissioners for that election cycle. Each designee shall declare their intention not to be a candidate for election during that election cycle to any office and shall have previously served in office as an elected UN Delegate, as Prime Minister, as an elected Cabinet Minister, as Speaker of the Regional Assembly, or as a Justice of The Court of The North Pacific.

FEC and I need to each make a designation and a majority of the Cabinet has to approve. FEC, we have three volunteers so far, care to pick one first?

Nam, I'm hoping we can draft you for MoC, so I'm going to pick Roman as my designee.

Cabinet, please confirm Hersfold and Romanoffia as the Election Commissioners for this election cycle. Please post your approval no later than Monday.

I'll confrim Hersfold and abstain on myself (sounds rather dirty, doesn't it? :lol: )

The Cabinet would have to vote on it next if it passes the Regional Assembly, but we'll have 15 days to approve it; for all intents and purposes it would affect the elections and not the balance of this term.

I greatly apologize, especially at this late date, but I will have to withdraw my offer to act as election commissioner. I have been chosen to serve as a counselor at my school district's Outdoor School program, and the week I'm supposed to go just happens to be when the elections start. (Jan 29-Feb 2, with further unavailability that weekend, Feb 2-4.)

If the Cabinet believes that this won't be of much concern, I will serve if they choose, but in my experience, a great amount of the work actually comes before elections, and I do not want to load Roman with all the hard work. I'd rather give him the chance to work with someone who will actually be available to assist.

Again, I apologize, but this is something I've been looking forward to for some time, and I can't back out for an online game. I hope you all understand.

Well now we need to see if Namyeknom is still willing, then;; and with SWA's endorsement we were all set.

Roman is approved though, so he'll have to start the ball rolling with the nomination period starting on the 18th.

So, Cabinet members, do we accept Namyeknom as the second Election Commissioner?

"Do this, do that. Don't be an election commissioner because you should go for MoC. Don't go for MoC because we need another election commissioner!"

Make your mind up! :P

As I said before, if you need another election commissioner, I'll happily do it.

And I abstain on my own confirmation, in a Roman-esque fashion.

Aye for both. You are dirty Roman *offers lye and scrubber*
LOL!

Yeah, I remember once at a dinner party being held for diplomats in Washington, DC I had a Dutch diplomat ask me if he could partake in more food, and I said to him in Dutch, "Hulp zelf" (help yourself) and got the most disconcerted look from the guy. At any rate, the transliteration from English to Dutch resulted in a rather obscene context. :lol:

Ik zal dit Gouda niet kopen. Het is rot. :fish:

Today is the deadline to get election commissioners in place.

I'm going to take the view that unless there is objection by three voting members by the end of today, then Roman and Nam are the Election Commissioners this time around. So, Hers and flem may, at that point, give Tomanoffia and Namyeknom any permissions for the elections.

Just a reminder that the NPA has until the 28th to complete their endorsements, so candidates for MoD can file on time. ANd that we have until Sunday at 0000 GMT to open the nominations period (which is 7 pm ET Saturay) Just a reminder the Constitution and the TNP Law governing elections are on GMT time.

"Tomanoffia"

That makes me sound like a kind of food-poisoning - Tomane-offia? :lol:

Sorry to throw this spanner in the works this late on, but there might be a problem with me serving as an election commissioner:

TNP Law 5:
C - In the event either or both the Prime Minister and the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs intend to be candidates for election, then the Prime Minister and the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs shall designate, with the consent of a majority of the remaining Cabinet Ministers, not less than one nor more than two persons to serve as Election Commissioners for that election cycle. Each designee shall declare their intention not to be a candidate for election during that election cycle to any office and shall have previously served in office as an elected UN Delegate, as Prime Minister, as an elected Cabinet Minister, as Speaker of the Regional Assembly, or as a Justice of The Court of The North Pacific.

While I've served as an Acting/Interim Minister on two occasions, I've never technically been an elected Cabinet Minister.

Apologies for not reading this sooner, but having done so, I couldn't in good conscience continue knowing it would open the door for the election to be called invalid.

Namyeknom, IIRC, you have served as a Minister to replace someone who vacanted office, so that would be sufficient.

Just checked NSWiki, you served as Minister of External Relations after GoalVA resigned during Poltsamaa term as Prime Minister.

You're eligible to be an elections commissioner on that basis. I could call a Cabinet vote to remove dont pick it up due to inactivity which would also qualify you if need be.

In any event, we need Hersfold to set up Namyeknom and Romanoffia the permissions they need to serve as Elections Commissioners, and to set up the nomination/declarations threads for candidates. The 7 day period starts ar 7pm tonignt ET (midnight GMT)

Back