Protest of TCM Application

I protest the above application, as The Crazy Monkeyman has been proven to be the owner of the nation Unendorse FEC, which was banned for violating the Constitution. TCM has been shown on several other occasions to be an enemy of The North Pacific.

The United Federation of Hersfold
Security Council Member

I protest the above application, as The Crazy Monkeyman has been proven to be the owner of the nation Unendorse FEC, which was banned for violating the Constitution. TCM has been shown on several other occasions to be an enemy of The North Pacific.

The United Federation of Hersfold
Security Council Member
"Unendorse FEC" was banned, "UnendorseFEC" (no gap) is still in TNP.

I would like to point out that as a member of The Lexicon, and after having demonstrated dissatifaction with the way that TNP is run, I have repeatedly been told to sign up on the forum and join the RA in order to have my say. I am doing just that, so I ask that my application be given proper consideration and noted that I have not engaged in any war efforts against TNP for several days now.

Forgive my skepticism, but "several days" hardly makes up for your actions against the region. Nor does it tell us that you will not continue to engage in war efforts once accepted.

The North Pacific Intelligence Agency will be happy to provide proof of crimes by this nation/player.

-High Councilor of the Community;
-First Lexiconian appointed the Senate Order of Merit;
-Governor;
-Ambassador;
-Senator;
-Member of TLA;
-Current PotD and WWPN champion;
-Proud Lexiconian;

Any one could prove that Hers :P

Forgive my skepticism, but "several days" hardly makes up for your actions against the region. Nor does it tell us that you will not continue to engage in war efforts once accepted.

The North Pacific Intelligence Agency will be happy to provide proof of crimes by this nation/player.
Nowhere in the Constitution does it says that you cannot challenge the Delegate. I challenged FEC, who is no longer Delegate. I have not challenged Unter, or GBM, and even if I did, there is still nothing that says that I cannot do that.

Once again, I point out that The Lexiconians were repeatedly told to join the RA instead of posting on TNP's RMB.

-High Councilor of the Community;
-First Lexiconian appointed the Senate Order of Merit;
-Governor;
-Ambassador;
-Senator;
-Member of TLA;
-Current PotD and WWPN champion;
-Proud Lexiconian;

Any one could prove that Hers :P
Mocking my achievements.....hardly fair to someone who is has shown nothing but good will in this thread.

Edited to say that I apologise for the spamming of this thread. Should it be neccessary to continue this discussion elsewhere, I would be happy to do so :)

k.

Let her in, it's not like it really matters. I trust Turner Classic Movies (<3) won't be here simply to cause a disturbance.

giggle

edit - gigglex2

Maybe we need to take a look at just what it means to be declared "persona non grata." It is a principle we have not yet explored. I think it is the equivalent to "Functionally Non-existant." But in what way does that have bearing on the RA application?

Edit: Oops! Just read CM's post in the application thread. "Summarily dismissed." End of story.

Indeed, that was secksi, CM.

*Heft still doesn't really care either way, but, that was entertaining.

Heh...real funny Fedele.

Actually, my first application was turned down because of the nation that I was applying with. Now I am applying with another nation, one that was only just restored, so has played no part in the war at all.

I also did this because I thought I'd give you guys a chance to climb out of the graves you've dug yourselves....now who could resist an offer like that? ;)

I would like to point out that as a member of The Lexicon,
you are persona non grata as I stated earlier. I failed to even consider either application on those grounds. As such, Hersfold's protest is irrelevant.

It was stated and issued that Lexiconian members are not welcome, and stay only at our good graces. Should you like me to delve further into your case, informally, since the Lexicon is in a state of one-sided war (i.e., you've declared on us and we basically have said we don't care), you are inelligible for membership. So even if I had to acknowledge your applications, I could reject both on that basis.

Until one of my superiors pipes up and says I'm wrong, my findings stand. I'd reccomend you not get yourself kicked from the forum in the interim.

Once again, I point out that The Lexiconians were repeatedly told to join the RA instead of posting on TNP's RMB.

I do sincerely apologise, however, this was a viable option prior to the Lexiconian declaration of war, and possibly even prior to the Cabinet's declaration. I regret to inform you that such applications are now at my option alone, as I have grounds to approve, deny or even roundfile them without so much as a glance. I request that you not make issue of something that is essentially the result of a decision that you have made by your associations.

Choose your friends wisely. :2c:

Heh...real funny Fedele.

Actually, my first application was turned down because of the nation that I was applying with. Now I am applying with another nation, one that was only just restored, so has played no part in the war at all.

I also did this because I thought I'd give you guys a chance to climb out of the graves you've dug yourselves....now who could resist an offer like that? ;)
You have to at least make some pretense of practicing duality for it to ever work.

Also, on the topic of graves and ladders, all this "war" did was completely destroy any credibility The Lexicon may have had. You turned yourselves into the laughing stock of NationStates. So I apologize if I think you're not very well qualified to judge how one's actions will make them appear to the wider world.

I also did this because I thought I'd give you guys a chance to climb out of the graves you've dug yourselves

Monkey, I love you, really, but what the hell are you talking about?

I also did this because I thought I'd give you guys a chance to climb out of the graves you've dug yourselves

Monkey, I love you, really, but what the hell are you talking about?
Don't you see that everything we've done in response to the "war" has only been part of a greater scheme, a master plan which will inevitably end with the Lexicon as the rightfull rulers?

It's like Shelbyville and their Beet tree, the truth is that the lemon tree was haunted and who really likes lemonade anyways? And now lets all have a toast to the great drink of our community, Beet juice. Nope, no way are they sore losers...

TCM: You really want to know how to disprove our asumptions about you? Contribute in a positive manner to the region. Provide your thoughts about how the region is running, suggest ideas, broker compromises. In short show that you want to be a RA member because you care about the region rather than doing it just to thumb your nose at us from a supposed Lexicon stronghold.

I'm not entirely sure that would help at this point. It would have been fine several weeks ago but now it is highly unlikely.

OK let me make this totally clear.

The former cabinet simply saying that certain groups of people are persona non grata or anything else makes absoloutly no difference. It isnt anywhere in the laws of this region and as such it cannot stop anyone from applying to be a member of the RA or any similar actions

This is not met to offend anyone in any way, i am just saying what i feel.

I believe that regardless of what has gone on between the Lexicon and TNP, TCM is saying he/she wishes to start a fresh (from what i have read anyway) I think TNP should rise above any of the troubles it has faced, and give this person a chance to prove us all wrong and that they infact wish to help TNP.

Everyone is entilted to a second chance, right? If he/she then goes against anything we as TNP stands for, then they can be removed from the RA and if any action taken against them.

I disagree. The Lexicon remains in a declared state of war *at* us. There's no state of mutual war because, frankly we're ignoring them. PNG'd means we don't recognize that nation as one. Period. A non-national entity by the very basis of the constitution may not be a member of the RA.

Dont be so stupid captainchaos, your view was not only valid, but sensible and reasonable.

Dont let petty squabbles and others opinions stop you from expressing your views!

disagree. The Lexicon remains in a declared state of war *at* us. There's no state of mutual war because, frankly we're ignoring them. PNG'd means we don't recognize that nation as one. Period. A non-national entity by the very basis of the constitution may not be a member of the RA.

And this is an example of ignoring a war the government of TNp de;ares over anyway how exactly?

We haven't declared it over. We've declared we do not recognize the war you've declared on us. That doesn't mean there isn't one, it just means our end is choosing not to participate.

And yes, CC, your opinion is valid, I just see it a different way.

Basically what I'm saying is akin to you as a person going to the UN and demanding to be recognized as a nation. You'll get laughed out of the place. Similarly, if TCM's nation is PNG'd, TCM is basically asking for membership without a nation.

In the complete absence of any sort of perceived threat, it is decided that as the last act of this Cabinet, any state of war with the Lexicon is hereby nullified

that preety much declares that TNP views the war as over.

Basically what I'm saying is akin to you as a person going to the UN and demanding to be recognized as a nation. You'll get laughed out of the place. Similarly, if TCM's nation is PNG'd, TCM is basically asking for membership without a nation.

PNG means nothing, as I have said, and she is asking with a TNP nation and fufils the legal requirments.
And as an interesting side note, a bloke called Danny Wallace started his own "country" and tried to get admitted to the UN. He had many thousands of citizens sign up (thanks to the Beeb) and the UN didnt admit him as tehy considered his flat too small.

He was talked to quite seriously.

And as an interesting side note, a bloke called Danny Wallace started his own "country" and tried to get admitted to the UN. He had many thousands of citizens sign up (thanks to the Beeb) and the UN didnt admit him as tehy considered his flat too small.

I think you just solidified his point.

That aside, I redirect you to this:

Byardkuria:
Nowhere, however, does it guarantee that they must be accepted - there is no "Shall grant" clause.

It is left to the judgement of the MoIIA and the deputy, should he choose to intrust the power in them.

Section 2: Registration.

Editorial Note: The title of this article and this section was amended by a constitutional amendment thay made certain corrections following earlier amendments, and that was approved by the regional assembly 12 April to 19 April 2006 and by the Cabinet on 24 April 2006.

In the interest of Regional security, member Nations shall be required to register with the Regional Assembly prior to voting in Regional elections or referenda, as prescribed by the following procedures:
1) The Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs shall oversee the process of registration, aided by the Prime Minister and the Regional off-site forum administrators.
2) Nations that reside in The North Pacific and who agree to abide by the requirements outlined in Article II, Section 1, of this Constitution will request Regional Assembly membership at the Regional off-site forum by posting a request in a thread for that exclusive purpose, created by the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs.
3) In their request, Nations will be required to post a link to their TNP member Nation and their UN member Nation at NationStates.net, and in doing so, verify that they have taken the following oath:
"I, (Forum Name), as the leader of the (Official Full National Name), pledge to obey the Constitution and Laws of The North Pacific Region, and to act as a responsible member of its society.  I understand that if my Nation leaves The North Pacific region for reasons other than participation in North Pacific Army deployments that I may be stripped of my right to vote and required to reapply.  I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific.  I understand that my registration of, or attempt to register, multiple Nations to vote in The North Pacific shall warrant the summary withdrawal of my right to vote from all my Nations, past, present, and future, as well as possible expulsion from the Region. In this manner, I petition the Regional Government of The North Pacific region for membership in the Regional Assembly."

4) The Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs, the Prime Minister, the Regional off-site forum administrators, and any other support personnel of the Regional Government deemed necessary are empowered to conduct investigations and make inquiries deemed necessary for the enforcement of The North Pacific voter registration provisions outlined in this Constitution, The North Pacific Legal Code, or other laws enacted pursuant to this Constitution.
5) The Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs shall expeditiously process each such registration request, and shall place any Nation accepted as a member of the Regional Assembly in a public listing of current members maintained for that purpose at the Regional off-site forum.
6) At any time, should sufficient evidence be brought to the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs that proves that a Regional Assembly Member fails to meet the requirements for membership due to the deletion of a Nation from NationStates through inactivity or NationStates Moderator intervention, that Nation's name may be purged from the list of members. Should a Nation, whose membership has been purged, later be found to have been resurrected in NationStates, or that the Nation become a member of the Region once again, they may re-apply for voting rights according to the procedures in the preceding clauses of this Section. The act of expulsion or banning of a Nation from the Region prior to a trial or a referendum does not affect its status as a member until and unless a final judgment is entered in a judicial proceeding or a final certification is entered in a referendum, whichever is applicable to the given situation. The North Pacific Legal Code may provide authority to the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs for the periodic purging of the names of member who are no longer eligible to vote in the Region, upon due notice because they no longer meet the requirements of this Section.
Editorial note: This section was amended by a constitutional amendment merging registered voters into the Regional Assembly adopted 26 February - 6 March 2006.

Nothing in this guarantees that every person capable of copying and pasting the oath will be accepted. This is a most basic security measure purposely installed in our constitution to protect the government from outside influences who may seek to abuse our government to further their own imperialistic aims. Surely you can appreciate that.

That said, I fail to see what the issue is.

I originally interpreted her application as a most amusing display of sarcasm. I can't believe she actually thought it had any chance of being accepted due to her numerous actions against the region. It's nothing short of nonsensical.

Back