-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
I was asked by a nation to provide a brief history. And since I don't really want to have to write this again, I think I'll just keep it for myself here. :)

Well... it's a pretty long history.  But I'll shorten it to the best of my ability.

About a year and a half ago, Cathyy/Pixiedance was our delegate.  We had a different system back then, she had a bit more power, but it was pretty undefined.  She did something that many in TNP objected to.  (Note, when I say TNP I mean the offsite people, not the thousands of nations that are always here).  Under the weight of those objections, she finally broke down, and instead of simply stepping down, she handed her nation over to another person.  That *person* has several identities/characters, among them Gracius Maximus, Pierconium, Moldavi (etc).  The character of Gracius Maximus, or GM, was the one that took over Pixiedance.  He was happy enough to write a history of that time, which is here: http://z4.invisionfree.com/Lemuria/index.php?showtopic=1024

He proceeded to set up an entirely new government, a dictatorship.  He changed the WFE and changed the forums to ones *he* controlled.  He also brought in people that were not from TNP to be his government, and he gave Cathyy the Minister of Justice position, only not under her name but a fake one.  So... the rest of the TNPers who were used to the forum and the gov't were a bit shocked, and formed protests and tried to get back their way of life. 

Fast forward a few months of this.  Plus trials of TNP members and several bannings of nations that got above the endocap that was instated.  GM grew tired of the fighting back and forth.  So he gave the delegate nation *back* to Insane Power.  IP proceeded to kick a couple more nations, and then he and Cathyy gave it up and retired Pixiedance. 

Fast forward a month or two, and TNP was back to the old forum, and formed a new Constitution.  (About a year ago now).  We've had many rounds of elections and pretty much happy peace.  Several former members of TNP, Cathyy and IP included, veered off to form The Lexicon.  A couple of them stayed as members of TNP, but they pretty much just had their own region that they played in.  One jarring note, Insane Power was banned from the forums for flaming others (something he's done repeatedly in different regions).

So then, we reach our current situation.  (finally)  If you'd like to read the whole thread, it's located http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=1527
Basically, the Lexicon accused TNP of sending in a spy.  But apparently their information turned out to be for a different invader region.  There's been no further response as of yet to that.  But, we have the Lexicon declaring war on TNP.  The government put out a statement:
TNP Cabinet:
"It is regrettable that The Lexicon, in an act of unprovoked aggression, has declared war upon The North Pacific. The motivation for this act of unprovoked aggression on the part of The Lexicon is a mystery and we hope to be successful in our attempts to find meaningful answers and solutions.

Be it known that The North Pacific shall defend itself by all honorable means from such an unprovoked attack. We condemn all acts of un-endorsement, endo-tarters, and spammings on our RMB."

Just a note... this is my :2c: . Not a definitive history. I'm sure there are plenty of places to go ask more questions if you want more information.

EDIT: Because Ivan asked. And because I think that whole part is rather amusing.

Back