Embassy of The West Pacific

A better comparison, Darkesia, may be to the NPO's own short-lived refusal to associate with regions holding a consulate with the Pacific Army ;)

Thank Admin they have recognized the errors of their ways.

As a member of The Pacific Army, I don't know what you're talking about, JAL. :shifty:

Actually Mr. self-righteous teddy bear, I happened to have felt first hand how that Nasi conflict affected the rest of NS. I do indeed know what I'm talking about. Isolationism is bad. Even when it's isolation from people you don't like. [/snooty tone]

Now, my abject apologies to Eli for hijacking his thread. I return it to the West with my compliments and a plate of Darkesian Chocolate.

Actually Mr. self-righteous teddy bear, I happened to have felt first hand how that Nasi conflict affected the rest of NS. I do indeed know what I'm talking about. Isolationism is bad. Even when it's isolation from people you don't like. [/snooty tone]
No, you don't know what you're talking about. Because your premise (PRP refused to accept anyone touched by Nasicournia and that caused a global conflict) is not flawed but wholly and entirely incorrect.

Being personally touched by an event does not make you an expert on it. I happen to have helped cause first hand how that conflict affected the rest of NS.

"Isolationism is bad"... well of course it is. That's why the PRP did not practice it.

Greetings. I am the new Ambassador from The West Pacific. Look forward to working with this region.

Stop by the Embassy and sample our selection of fine fruits and nuts, and quaff a Red Squirrel Beer, New Ballston's favorite public intoxicant. :toast:

The Old Oaken Republic of New Ballston, Land of Squirrels
G.D. Whitney, President
Paul Sestak, West Pacifican Ambassador to The North Pacific

Greetings, I am Indycar Racing, West Pacific Liberation Force Lieutenant General. We are interested in opening a dialog between you and ourselves on enhancing both our relationship and our military.

Dear Friends,
We would like to inform you of the new Resolution that has been implemented by the The West Pacific's Ministry of Foreign Affairs as of the 4th of February, 2007.
Inactive Embassies' Resolution
If any embassy fail to post in their embassy for 2 months or so, they will be given a week's notice for them to take action. If a response be of absence, the Foreign Ministry of The West Pacific shall then assume that the region who owns the embassy has no more interest in relations or is dead. In such a situation, their embassy will thereby be closed.

Thank you for your consideration.

-TWP Foreign Ministry

embassyupdate.gif

Released:  5 of February 2007
Issue Name: Wow we've been busy!

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

[color=064175]Senate Speaker Elections:[/color]
The Senate has picked its speaker!

The Senate Speaker Elections had the following candidates and the voting percentages:
  • Enegro Montoya – 60.0%
  • ZetaOne – 6.7%
  • Clockwork Isle – 20%
  • Ramaba – 13.3%
  • Anarchy Wolf – 0.0%
In the end the senate chose incumbent Enegro Montoya who has done a great job running the senate so far. Energro Montoya or EM as he is fondly called, not only keeps the queue in the senate moving smoothly, he also updates senator voting records regularly (a rather daunting task). The queue in the senate is a thread where everyone who wants to bring an item to the senate floor places a request and then the speaker will okay the request when the senate floor is ready.

I send a congratulations out to EM!

[color=064175]1st Ministers Appointments:[/color]
The Senate approves appointments!

First Minister, Shasoria, appointed the following people to the Council of Ministers:
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs: North Harmonia
  • Minister of Defense: Indycar Racing
  • Associate Justice: Schwarzchild
The Senate gave 100% approval to all three appointments!

[color=064175]Safety Disclosure Act:[/color]
Safety and Security Ensured? The Senate says no.

Safety Disclosure Act brought forward by Freedom and Pride was an Act that was said to help ensure safety and security for the region.

A summary of the Act is that all members who want to be in a government position in The West Pacific, must issue to the Minister of State Security (MOSS for short) a list of all positions held in any and all other regional government.

The senate was heated in debate about if it was good for the west or not. In the end the senate voted 28.6% FOR and 71.4% AGAINST the act.

[color=064175]T W P .com:[/color]
The West Pacific’s Site!

On the 2nd of February, myself (ZetaOne) officially opened (or you might call it a re-open since we had the site before) TheWestPacific.com for public use. It has links for not only people who reside in the region but also all over NationStates.

The web site’s wiki is currently still being built with skinning and adding pages, but it is encouraged for all to add the pages they want to see on there. It is a wiki after all.

A special thanks to Winnipeg for letting the site use images and for the general help during site construction, and also to Indycar Racing and Florestan for volunteering to help with the wiki build.

[color=064175]WPLF has some changes:[/color]
Indycar Racing puts staff into place!

Defense Minister Indycar Racing enacted Ministry of Defense Order Number 1 which created a WPLF staff and chain of command that some saw, including the minister, the new WPLF lacked.

The Order set up the following positions and the following people have been assigned to those positions (in order of rank under IndyCar Racing)
  • Lt. General, Chief of Staff - Kaze Hikari
  • Major, Night Major – Ramaba
  • Captain, Immigration Officer – ZetaOne
This is one step closer to bringing the WPLF back to glory!

[color=064175]Forum Fun:[/color]
Everyone needs some relaxation time!

The forums also has its share of fun!

The General Forums often have interesting conversations going on, be it from Return of a Classic (the “What the hell do you look like thread”) to just random Real Life talk!

The RP forums have been buzzing lately with activity which is a welcome sight to the Ministry of the Interior.

[color=064175]A quick reminder:[/color]
Please note:
Foreign Minister, North Harmonia, issued the Inactive Embassies' Resolution which can be found here here for your viewing pleasure and to inform you of the new policy.

Thank you for reading your The West Pacific Regional Update
- this report has been proudly brought to you by ZetaOne wishing you all happy trails until next time!

Greetings friends from The North! I come today in the capacity of a Foreign Minister of The West Pacific. We have been recently informed of the new born Raider Organization under the banner of The North Pacific, but are aware that this group isn't yet to be recognised by the government as a legitimate part of TNP. We, however, do have trust in our sister-region that you will not turn your backs on us, and that you will find a solution for this soon. It is also within our understanding that we are in no position to dip into your internal affairs, but as a close friend and sister-region, it is with great grief that it might affect our relations if ever a legitimate group of invader force is allowed to base in the territories of TNP.

Thank you.

regards,
North Harmoneia

embassyupdate.gif

Released: 9 of March 2007
Issue Name: Delegate Elections are called! Wait… no they are not.

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

[color=064175]First Minister Elections! Or Not.:[/color]
The Senate stumbles around!

The Delegate Elections in The West Pacific are also known as First Minister Elections since the Delegate under the 3rd constitution revision of The West Pacific gives more power to the delegate then ever before by any other constitution in the region’s past

The First Minister Elections had the following candidates:
  • Shasoria – Sitting First Minister
The First Minsiter Elections had the following  nominees:
  • Biteland - nominated by: Kickingandscreaming - seconded by: Florestan – Declined to Run
  • Ramaba - nominated by: Ramaba - seconded by: - Not yet Accepted
  • TAO - nominated by: Anarchy Wolf - seconded by: Kickingandscreaming, Rolheath, Enegro Montoya – Did not state in time.
  • ZetaOne - nominated by: Clockwork Isle - seconded by: North Harmoneia - Accepted
The Senate was shocked and confused after the 72 hour nomination period ended, not with a thread for voting on our new First Minster but stating Interesting Situation by Enegro Montoya, Senate Speaker. As Senate members read his post he stated:
EM:
OK, the Senate voted that there needs to be First Minister elections. However, after the closing of the nominations (even well after the official time), there is only one candidate and that is Shas, the standing First Minister.

So now what? There is no one running against him; in the election you may only vote for one of the candidates; there is only one candidate.

Do we need to have an election?

I ask because I don't know. What is the general consensus of the Senate?

I say no we don't need to hold the vote, Shas wins by default.
Surely there was a quick fix to this the Senate thought. Even Shasoria, Sitting First Minister, chimed in stating that bringing delegate elections had not been performed with the new rules in tacked enough for people to know that one needed 3 total seconds. Shasoria also believed bringing back nominations wouldn’t hurt.

EM decided to take it to the courts and ask of the opinions of the Justices. In the end they decided it would be Unconstitutional to rerun the Nominations for First Minister. So EM declared Shasoria has won by default and another term, going on his 3rd term now.

Congratulations to Shasoria.

[color=064175]The Senate Moves to Repair Seconding Rule:[/color]
Three Seconds are too many!

Since the First Minister Fiasco was brought on by each nominee needing three seconds a movement in the senate as been brought about to repair the problem. Never before in The West Pacific history had a nominee needed three seconds to run for Delegate (I’m speaking from experience). Senators are crying foul and are moving to repair the problem by working on amendments to change three seconds too two or even just one.

[color=064175]Snap Elections:[/color]
Good or Bad?

The First Minister elections also brought about the question of Snap Elections and should they be option. Dezzland, a member of TWP Senate, brought up the idea from Lazarus, everyone’s favorite vacation spot after coming back from the dead, and believed challenging when ever should be an option.

The Discussion is divided and impeachment ideas are also floating around.

[color=064175]Town Hall Moderator:[/color]
Not in the Senate? No problem!

The West Pacific has a forum called Town Hall which enables members that are not part of the senate to discuss regional government items in their own forum, for the senators to read, comment, and maybe even act on.

Town Hall hall has it’s own designated Moderator to keep it clean and tidy, as put forth by the senate called Town Hall Mod Resolution

The document originally put forth Gesentia as the moderator. Gesentia is no longer active in The West Pacific, and it was time to put forth a new moderator.

Started by TAO Town Hall Mod thread was created. After lots of activity and nominations, and declines ZetaOne started an official thread for Town Hall Nominations

The following were Nominated for Town Hall Moderator:
Bhang Bhang Duc - Nominated By: Bhang Bhang Duc Seconded By: Clockwork Isle, Kingsteck - Status: BBD has Accepted

The following Declined Nomination for Town Hall Moderator:
Tweedy - Nominated By: Ramaba -Tweedy has Declined
Kingstek - Nominated By: {Many} - Kingstek has Declined

After 72 hours of nominations, Bhang Bhang Duc wins by default! Congrats to BBD!

[color=064175]Non-Voting Minister get to Vote:[/color]
In the senate that is.

Started by TAO, who is the Minister of State Security, fondly referred to as MOSS, TAO was not able to vote in the Council of Ministers or in the Senate. Feeling disenfranchised, TAO Went to the courts that believed the senate and the CoM (council of Ministers) should correct the problem.

So TAO lobbied even after a previously similar item failed in the senate.

The Senate Voted a new version of the previous version stating
In any case where an elected or appointed minister would have the right to vote on a matter in both the Senate and in the CoM then the minister shall vote in the CoM and shall not be allowed to vote on the matter in the Senate.  In addition, where the First Minister has the right to veto legislation then the First Minister shall not be granted a vote in the Senate on such legislation.

Since it was an amendment it was required to meet quorum, it did.

The Bill Passed 91.7% in favor over 8.3% against

The CoM had to ratify the new amendment the first time it was unclear as the out come, as believed by the First Minister, so he called a second vote which it passed with only 1 minister against the amendment.

[color=064175]Chief Justice for 6 months:[/color]
Not for life Please!

Moved to the floor, by Cave Canem, Chief Justice himself, asking the senate to change the “for life” part of the Chief Justice term to “for six months” instead. After a quick discussion in the senate it was moved to vote.

The Vote is still in progress but is 99% likely to pass.

The forums also have its share of fun!

The General Forums often have interesting conversations going on, be it from Return of a Classic (the “What the hell do you look like thread”) to just random Real Life talk!

The RP forumsHave had an add in of a new, forum that is for citizens of the nations.

A little fact that has been amusing some people on the forums and annoying others, TWP’s forum signature upload system has been in place since the nosync forums have been up and running. Lately we have had some comical signature swaps with the images.

Thank you for reading you’re The West Pacific Regional Update
- this report has been proudly brought to you by ZetaOne wishing you all happy trails until next time!

embassyupdate.gif

Released: 1st of April, 2007

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

MiniImmi Elections Held!

Elections have been held for The West Pacific’s Minister of Immigration, and Freedom and Pride had just won himself another term in office. However, he claimed that this will probably his last term as he believes that a new generation of West Pacficans should take over, and that those who have been in TWP for 3 years should back away already.

The Elections had totally been a hit with heated debates and arguments, especially on the part of AW’s campaign thread. Both Anarchy Wolf and F&P put up a good fight, and it was indeed close. F&P won 60% of the Senators’ votes as AW gathered 40%, thus, making F&P win only by 10%.

Nosync Forum reaches 50K Posts!
Kicking and Screaming for the win

Kicking and Screaming, who is just a few posts away from his first ZetaMark, managed to be 50,000th poster of the nosync forum.
The following is a screenshot taken by New People, capturing the event:
postspt1.png

First Senate Application After Two Whole Months!
Lots of Ants warmly welcomed by the Senate even before the vote.

Lots of Ants’ Senate Application is surprisingly the first justified application that the Senate had after two whole months. It followed both Judge Joseph Thomas’ and Halmont’s applications, which were not considered due to some lack of requirement. In Halmont’s case, though, he needn’t apply in the Senate anymore because despite a short term of inactivty, he is already a Senator.
Lots of Ants’ Application hasn’t yet reached the voting floor but the possibility of here, being voted into the Senate is already around 80% to 100%.

Regional Moderator Buzz!
April Fools Joke?

The NationStates Administration claims to have added another new feature to the game. This regards Regional Moderators. However, most of the members are still cynical as to whether this upgrade is true or not. This cynicism s more or less the product of the former NationDates which was held as an April Fools’ Joke the previous year.
More information about this can be found n the Jolt forums where it is being talked about.

Forum Fun
It’s always nice to have a little bit of fun

In the General Forum, it is evident that the most discussed topic as of now, is the film 300, it has raised the interest of a lot especially with with the article that New People provided a link with. There are also a lot of other discussions in the General Area, mostly talking about Real Life stuff.

The Comedy Zone and Quiz Central, both TWP Classics, have also been discussion avens over the past few months.

The RolePlaying Forums always has something going on within their halls! This probably is a good sgn overall, so please feel free to hop in!

Thank you for reading your The West Pacific Regional Update
Until Next Time!

embassyupdate.gif

Released: 6 of May 2007
Issue Name: Vote Now, Vote Often, and watch the results.

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

[color=064175]Minister of the Interior Elections:[/color]
It was a Picture Finish!!

After Former Minister of the Interior, BIteland, resigned from his post, the Senate had to have nominations and then vote for a new Minister of Interior!

The Minister Candidates and Percentages:
  • Neenee – 8.3%
  • Kickingandscreaming – 54.2%
  • Ramaba – 8.3%
  • Lots of Ants – 29.2%
Candidates that declined, or Pulled out of the race:
  • ZetaOne – Pulled out of the race, with vote support
  • Halmont – Did not accept or decline
  • BIteland – Declined
This race was proving to be one of the most exciting in TWP History. With five candidates starting the race was certain to require a run. It was noteworthy that ZetaOne, Neenee, Kickingandscreaming, and Ramaba were all self-nominated, a first for The West Pacific to have so many in one election.

Kickingandscreaming and Lots of Ants were neck and neck and 30 minutes before closing Lots of Ants made the following statement
Lots of Ants:
I've considered this for some time this morning and believe that the Ministry of the Interior needs a leader now. I was hoping to be that leader. Many of you who have entrusted me with your support and I thank you and believe you will agree with my decision I am about to make, in light of the facts, that this is what is best now for the Ministry of the Interior and for The West Pacific Region. To carry on a runoff election would only delay the inevitable, in not just my opinion, but also my knowledge of what the votes are going to be.

Therefore, Mr. Speaker, I would like to officially at this time, change my vote from Lots of Ants to KaS.
A Noble move by Lots of Ants

In the end of it all Kickingandscreaming is the new Minister of the Interior! Congrats to KaS!

The Senate voting thread for Minister of the Interior!

[color=064175]Early Vote Closing [/color]
The Senate Smacks down the thought!

Durning a standard membership vote for Lots of Ants The speaker who had just recently been reelected to serve as speaker once again winning over Ramaba by 75% (Enegro Montoya) to 25% (Ram), closed the polls for voting for Lots Of Ants early. This was an unprecedented move in TWP, it had never happened before.

After heated debate a new amendment to the Senate Charter was speedily put up for vote. One of the first major Town Hall discussions was played out as the Senate, and TWP was heavily split. Some wanted to allow the speaker to be able to close early while others did not.

The amendment to the Senate Charter read
v. Upon the request of a Senator, the Speaker may close a vote early where the outcome is clear if: an amount of senators (never less than a majority of members) have voted to render it mathematically impossible for the outcome to change, at least 24 hours have passed in the voting period, and no Senator objects within 6 hours of such a request.
The Vote turn out to be NAY (94.1%), AYE (5.9%), and 4 abstainers. Pressing the matter no further the Senate put a stop to early vote. Ramaba challenged the decision in the courts and an equitable decision was immediately rendered.

[color=064175]1st Ministers Appointment:[/color]
A new Associate Justice for TWP!

Shasoria announced his the newest member of the court system, Rolheath who shall be replacing Schwarzchild who did an outstanding job as an AJ.

Those monitoring our democratic tradition understand that TWP needs to approval of all appointments by our first minister and we are currently in that process. Rolheath appears to have no impediment to his confirmation.

The Senate confirmation of Rolheath thread!

[color=064175]Associate Justice Elections:[/color]
The senate goes to pick it’s AJ to the courts..

The Senate is currently in it’s nomination stage for AJ with Lots of Ants, TAO, and Halmont who was once an AJ and Chief Justice. No nominee has accepted or declined the nominations yet.

If your interested in the Senate AJ Elections the nominations thread is the place to start.

[color=064175]NEW Senate Memebers![/color]
New Influx of Senate Members!

This has been an extremely busy month for the Senate. We have had several new members apply and receive approval for senate membership.
The new members for April and May (so far) are:
  • Lots of Ants
  • VictorGalloway
  • Limitless Events
  • Ithania

[color=064175] TWP’s New Regent:[/color]
The New Plan B!

Cave Canem, the long standing Regent of TWP, resigned in early April. Shasoria appointed The Realm of The Realm as the new regent of TWP!

Rumor has it that Realm questioned the First Minister at length to find out if he was taking any vacations or taking up dangerous hobbies such as deep-sea diving, base jumping, and playing Russian roulette.

[color=064175]WPLF helps others:[/color]
Brigelle, Random Idiots, and Lazarus

The WPLF has been busy helping our friends in Brigelle, Random Idiots, and Lazarus.
Brigelle, Nationstates, the WPLF responded quickly before an update to help prevent an invasion squad from taking over.

In Random Idiots, the WPLF responded quickly to the invasion threat and helped to win back the region!

In Lazarus, the delegate Dezzland faced an alarmingly organized invasion by multiple formerly unconnected raider groups that seemed certain to succeed until the WPLF and several other Defender organizations came to the rescue in and successfully defended Dezzland’s delegacy. Of all of the Defender organizations coming to his aid Dezzland proclaimed “TWP's West Pacific Liberation Force saves the day in Lazarus!” The suggestion for this section’s title.
Want to seem some of Laz’s RMB Fun that night? Click here to check it out!

[color=064175]TWP Town Hall:[/color]
Buzzing with Activity!

Ever since Bhang Bhang Duc was voted in by default as the new Town Hall Moderator, he has done an awesome job keeping the forums a buzz with activity. For those who may not know, the Town Hall forums are for all to speak about Government Operations, not just senate members and ministers.

The Discussion rang from forum policy, senate applicants, all the way to laws and constitutional amendments. Check out the Town Hall Forums to see what the buzz is all about.

[color=064175]WPLF Under New Management:[/color]
Kaze Hikari is the new Minister of Defense!

Shasoria appointed Kaze Hikari, who was second in command in the WPLF under Indycar Racing, to Minister of Defence. the confirmation was unanimous. There is no definite word as to why Indycar Racing was replaced with Kaze Hikari, but Real Life is suspect to be the cause.

Shasoria’s appointment announcement:
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, I'd like to proudly introduce to you my new choice for Minister of Defense - Kaze Hikari! KH is a dedicated member of the Ministry of Defense, serving previously as Indycar Racing's second in command for some time now and performing terrifically! He is also, of course, a member of our magnificent Senate. We have seen an active WPLF and I have no doubt this will continue to be the case with the Ministry under his leadership. Based on involvement, experience, drive, and performance, it is in my belief that Kaze is 100% correct for this job.

Congrats to Kaze Hikari

The forums also has its share of fun!

Make Your Own Pruno is a funny thread on making alcohol for when your in prison.

What do you drive is all the rage, and you can stop by and tell us what you drive!

RP Section is always open to everyone with [url]http://twp.nosync.org/index.php?showforum=107]The[/url] Citizen’s of Nations forum being a big hit, specially with [url]http://twp.nosync.org/index.php?showtopic=2093]Outcast[/url] Island[/URL]

fair-sig.gif

The West Pacific is hosting the NS World’s Faire this year!

The Fair will be a great place for all regions who wish to participate in the fun, exchange of ideas, and of course being able to show yourself off to the rest of the NS world!

How does your region get to set up their own Pavilion of the forums?
Send one or two regional representatives to http://z6.invisionfree.com/NS_Worlds_Fair/ where they can request a forum. The forums can be set up to specs by one of our administrators. You can do all threads, or all forums in your Pavilion!

We hope that this will be a great cultural exchange to being new and old friends together while having fun!

We plan to open the fair this May so please don’t delay!

I would also like to know more.

However, I would ask why you hosted it on a separate forum when The West Pacific has a very active forum anyway?

I would also like to know more.

However, I would ask why you hosted it on a separate forum when The West Pacific has a very active forum anyway?
TAO thinks that was done to minimize the whiny complaints of those critics who would have dissected everything that was trying to be done.

I would like to see a few of us head over there as regional reps. I myself have the intention of doing so, and would like to see more of us over there.

Yes please reps would be awesome!

Also if you want a Sig image for everyone who comes from TNP that is cool too. Something like how they are a TNP person.

embasyupdate.jpg

Released: 12 of Just 2007
Issue Name: TWP is under NEW management!

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

TAO Wins the Delegacy:
First Minister Elections are elections where you never know what will happen

First Minister Elections started earlier then expected with TAO announcing several weeks before First Minister Nominations were to take place that he would be running for the First Minister position in TWP’s government. There was much buzz about TAO, who has been a long time resident in TWP. The question was who would run against TAO?

BIteland and Freedom and Pride stepped up to the plate in going forward with the nominations to run against TAO. It was sure to be an interesting race. TAO a long time trusted resident of TWP, BIteland, our original Mr. Plan B who had a taste of the delegacy for a day thanks to a game glitch, and Freedom and Pride, who has been working in the Immigration Ministry which was his first Minister Position.

The First Minister Candidates and Percentages:
  • TAO – 76.6%
  • BIteland – 16.6%
  • Freedom and Pride– 6.6%
TAO won the First Minister Elections by a land slide! Congratulations to TAO!

The Senate voting thread for First Minister

Operation Slingshot
TAO moves to fight Influence’s setbacks!

TAO in the Senate Chambers:
*TAO walks up to the 1M podium and microphone*

Ladies and Gentlemen,

At Game Update time for TWP, Cave Canem was moved into the Delegate seat during a successful clandestine maneuver Codename: Operation Slingshot.

With the help of the WPLF, and members of several other Defender groups, arrangements were made beforehand to provide Cave Canem with enough endorsements to surpass TAOs UN Nation at Update. The purpose of this Operation is to use the Influence already possessed by Cave Canem to carry out the ejection of Khowphat for having violaed (and having been in violation for multiple weeks) of the region's endorsement cap. This exchange in Delegates is only a temporary event for a specific purpose. CC will remain as Delegate maybe for one more update ... possibly two ... to allow time to access the region for any other possible dangers.

I am honored to report to you all how pleased you should be with your Ministers and your Liberation Force for the quick and quiet execution of this Operation. And we all should be thankful for the assistance and support we have received from some outside groups; such assistance demonstrates that TWP is still respected in the World at large.

I will now take your questions.
Click here to see topic

Many in the NationStates world woke up, or witnessed the confusing switch in Delegates in The West Pacific on the Update of 8th of June. Cave Canem (CC) took the delegacy during the update. Some declared we were at war with someone, some declared we had a new coup, while others stayed calm and waited for the First Minister to explain what had happen.

The West Pacific has ignored the Influence factor since it had been in place, doing business as usual. TAO decided a change in tactics would be needed with nations being over the endorsement caps and getting warned. TAO does not have the influence to banject nations that are breaking the rules. Meanwhile there are active players that are trusted in TWP that could. TAO used this to his advantage by appointing multiple Regents (vice-delegates of sorts) who are allowed to hang closely to TAO’s endorsement level. CC was pushed over TAO’s endorsements and then proceeded to Banject nations that Shasoria had not been able to eject before leaving the delegacy.

TAO’s out of the box thinking has brought many to wonder why we have ignored influence for so long.

New Ministers
TAO bring in new management

Once TAO was announced as First Minister, he wasted no time posting who he believed should have the appointed spots in the Ministries of his choices.

TAO Picked the following
  • Minister of Defense: Kaze Hikari - Kaze was able to continue serving as Defense Minister after replacing Indycar Racing under Shasoria’s rule as fist minister.
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs: Schwarzchild – Schwarzchild replaced North Harmonia as MinFA after a long, succesful run at the MoFA.
  • Minister of State Security: Biyah – Biyah is known throughout the NationStates world as being someone who knows what is going on and replaces TAO and New People
TAO has also made TWP history by appointing seven guardians; Kingsteck(Regent), Cave Canem, The Realm of the Realm, Todler, Biteland, Eli and Shasoria. All who are in position to help the delegate at anytime.

Senate Summer Activity Committee
How does one bring activity

The Speaker of the Senate set up a Summer Activity Committee to decide what would be the best ways to get activity numbers up on the offsite forums. Summer is notorious for NS players not going to school thanks to breaks from school, and people having more time activity numbers in NS go up.

To help tame that boredom the committee is to come up with some ideas on how to make things interesting for TWP forum goers.

The West Pacific Sentinel
TWP goes for gusto for it’s own news service

The West pacific Sentinel is TWP’s news service. Neenee has been put in charge of the new network. There have been several volunteers to help write articles and much more.

The Sentinel has already begun writing for it’s first issue of news, and it is looking to be promising with fun stories. The Sentinel will be located on the main forums for The West Pacific when it officially goes to bed.

The West Pacific and The North Pacific
A Treaty?

The West pacific and The North pacific are currently in talks for a treaty. Only one of the few official talks for a treaty in over a year for The West Pacific, which all relations were officially suspended as well as all official treaties. It is the hope of Minister Schwarzchild that this will be only the first in a series of treaties and cultural exchanges to make TWP one of the fun places to be active in NS.

A treaty with the Merit had been negotiated a few months again and now The West Pacific moves to open up relations else where. The North Pacific and The West Pacific are both cautiously optimistic about the new treaty as both governments are in sensitive negotiations to finalise and codify this historic effort.

Thank you Korinna.

Maybe in the next TNP update, TAO (as CommRanger Alpha) will be mentioned as the North's most prodigious RMB poster.
:agree:

Zetaone, I am tempted to remove your post edit facility. I want that post preserved for ever.

The Spirit of Dilber is alive and well in TWP, I see.

F.

*Grins* Flem, whatever you do, do not ever remove the light-weight comment from the #tnp channel topic.

Also, I will be sigging that :P

LOL.

Yes someone had to carry on the Dilber mentality!

Flem, I posted... I'm not going to change it. Promise!

embasyupdate.jpg

Released: 5th of July 2007
Issue Name: Partings are never sweet

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

Good Bye to Kickingandscreaming
We will all miss you.

On the 22nd of June, Kickingandscreaming, fondly called KaS, resigned from TWP’s Senate, being Ministry of the Interior, and Nationstates itself. KaS was TWP’s “OK!” man. He left us with a message that is best to hear through his writing (<snips> are areas that have been removed for this update)
KaS:
<snip> 
Friends,
sorry to say this, but this is it. Nichole, my partner from my Cancer group said I should e-mail y'alll. Despite my explanation to her about what TWP is, she doesn't understand. As per this notice I hereby resign from my Senatorial and Ministerial roles in TWP. I don't even know if KaS is even still a nation, and frankly it's not even important to me now. Three weeks ago I went in for a high blood-pressure related lateral ischemia cardiac issue based on a bump on my EKG that wasn't there before. I thought I was gonna get a roto rooter and a couple of stents for my arteries. Good news was that I had no blockage. Two surgeries later that have nothoing to do with this, I'm hapy just to be here. This was one doctor visit three weeks ago. I have been able to hide my condition from my work by paying cash and not using my insurance but at this point I cannot conceil my condition by omisssion any longer. Doc says I'll be ok soon after my next surgery, for a while at least, but right now I'm hurting and thinking aboiut, well, what happens next.

Look, I love you guys but, I have met a really nice woman, Nichole, who I talked about above, and after placing things in perspective, well man, I gotta live RL like I am on limited time. I'm just some nerd and she is a true fine love who is real sick and I don't have alot of time to spend witn her. This is the hand I've been dealt and so be it, I'm gonna make her as happy as I can while we're here. Wouldn't you do the same? Before I start bawling, I just want to say thanks and good luck to all of you wicked pissa lugnuts, each and every one of ya. I'm still kicking and screaming, alive and doing my job by sharing the love. I'm just doing it slower and more carefully. I'm still gonna show up at work, as if nothing has changed, regardless of the pain, well, 'cus, I can't afford not to.

<snip>
Well that's all folks. I wil not be back, at least as long as I have time to spend with my girl.
<snip>
Love & Respect,
Barn.

OOOOK!
[url]http://twp.nosync.org/index.php?showtopic=...indpost&p=64296]KaS’s[/url] goodbye in it’s entirety.[/URL]

KaS was a great member of TWP, he was active, and always strived to do what was right, and what was needed to be done.

KaS Will be greatly Missed.

Operation Slingshot
TAO moves to fight Influence’s setbacks!

TAO in the Senate Chambers:
*TAO walks up to the 1M podium and microphone*

Ladies and Gentlemen,

At Game Update time for TWP, Cave Canem was moved into the Delegate seat during a successful clandestine maneuver Codename: Operation Slingshot.

With the help of the WPLF, and members of several other Defender groups, arrangements were made beforehand to provide Cave Canem with enough endorsements to surpass TAOs UN Nation at Update. The purpose of this Operation is to use the Influence already possessed by Cave Canem to carry out the ejection of Khowphat for having violaed (and having been in violation for multiple weeks) of the region's endorsement cap. This exchange in Delegates is only a temporary event for a specific purpose. CC will remain as Delegate maybe for one more update ... possibly two ... to allow time to access the region for any other possible dangers.

I am honored to report to you all how pleased you should be with your Ministers and your Liberation Force for the quick and quiet execution of this Operation. And we all should be thankful for the assistance and support we have received from some outside groups; such assistance demonstrates that TWP is still respected in the World at large.

I will now take your questions.
Click here to see topic

Many in the NationStates world woke up, or witnessed the confusing switch in Delegates in The West Pacific on the Update of 8th of June. Cave Canem (CC) took the delegacy during the update. Some declared we were at war with someone, some declared we had a new coup, while others stayed calm and waited for the First Minister to explain what had happen.

The West Pacific has ignored the Influence factor since it had been in place, doing business as usual. TAO decided a change it tactics would be needed with nations being over the endorsement caps and getting warned. TAO does not have the influence to banject nations that are breaking the rules. Meanwhile there are active players that are trusted in TWP that could. TAO used this to his advantage but appointing multiple Regents (vice-delegates of sorts) who are allowed to hang closely to TAO’s endorsement level. CC was pushed over TAO’s endorsements and then proceeded to Banject nations that Shasoria had not been able to eject before leaving the delegacy.

TAO’s out of the box thinking has brought many to wonder why we have ignored influence for so long.

New Ministers
TAO bring in new management

Once TAO was announced as First Minister, he wasted no time posting who he believed should have the appointed spots in the Ministries of his choices.

TAO Picked the following
  • Minister of Defense: Kaze Hikari - Kaze was able to continue serving as Defense Minister after replacing Indycar Racing under Shasoria’s rule as fist minister.
  • Minister of Foreign Affairs: Schwarzchild – Schwarzchild replaced North Harmonia as MoFA after a length run of the MoFA.
  • Minister of State Security: Biyah – Biyah is known throughout the NationStates world as being someone who knows what is going on and replaces TAO and New People
TAO has also made TWP history by appointing seven regents Kingsteck, Cave Canem, The Realm of the Realm, Todler, Biteland, Eli and Shasoria. All who are in position to help the delegate at anytime.

Minister of the Interior Elections
ZetaOne wins Narrowly

After KaS left NS TWP had to elect a new Minister of the Interior. Neenee, ZetaOne, and past Minister of the Interior Biteland, became the official candidates for the elections. Each posting different ideas for the forums, Neenee and BIteland took approach of welcoming questions and having a short speech and platform while ZetaOne laid all plans out there. On all sides it was obvious that forum activity was on everyone’s mind.

Voting Outcome:
  • BItland - 10.5%
  • ZetaOne – 52.6%
  • Neenee-39.9%
ZetaOne wins by three votes, and BIteland mid race decided to throw his support behind Neenee and encouraged his voters to do the same. It was a nail biting finish for all candidates.

Congratulations ZetaOne!

Forum Destruction
The West Pacific takes action

In The West Pacific he is known as Addarow, and listing all his names would take time tons of space. He is possibly now up for charges under The West Pacific’s Forum Protection Act of 2006 after Addarow applied to The West Pacific’s Senate.

Addarow orgionally claimed to be Norion, The West Pacific’s only known successful invader Delegate who ruled for a year. He quickly changed his post, but the damage was done and many friends of Norion were supportive, but questions started to surface once Addarow cubically re-claimed he was Norion. The friends of Norion quickly realized Addarow was faking it and was not Norion.

TAO decided to post charges of forum destruction against Addarow. The Court is currently preparing for the case.

Senate Summer Activity Committee
How does one bring activity

The Speaker of the Senate setup a Summer Activity Committee to decide what would be the best ways to get activity numbers up on the offsite forums. Summer is notorious for NS players not going to school thanks to breaks from school, and people having more time activity numbers in NS go up.

To help tame that boredom the committee is to come up with some ideas on how to make things interesting for TWP forum goers.

The West Pacific Sentinel
TWP goes for gusto for it’s own news

The West pacific Sentinel is TWP’s premier news service that has been set up and Neenee has been put in charge of the new network. There have been several volunteers to help write articles and much more.

The Sentinel has already begun writing for it’s first issue of news, and it is looking to be promising with fun stories. The Sentinel will be located on the main forums for The West Pacific when it issues it final

The West Pacific and The North Pacific
A Treaty?

The West pacific and The North pacific are currently in talks for a treaty. Only one of the few official talks for a treaty in over a year for The West Pacific, which all relations were officially suspended as well as all official treaties.

A treaty with the Merit had been negotiated a few months again and now The West Pacific moves to open up relations else where. The North Pacific and The West Pacific are both cautiously optimistic about the new treaty as both governments will need to provide the final okay for the treaty.

TWP and ACCEL work on Convention for Forum Destruction
In the Early Stages

TWP and the ACCEL are working on a convention for Forum Destruction which is currently in talks.

TWP Ministy of Foreign Affairs
A change

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Schwarzchild, has been working hard to lighten the load on all Ambassadors by gaining more ambassadors and lessoning the amount of embassies an ambassador holds.

My pleasure, and that's nice to hear. :)

Publication of Conviction

The Court of the The West Pacific, in a unanimous decision found the Nation holder known as Addarow (and his many aliases) GUILTY of Forum Destruction. He was convicted "in absentia" and summarily ordered banned and ejected from the in game region. The Admins will be summarily removing his access from the off site board as soon as they get a handle on all of his puppets and aliases. The nation in question was given every free opportunity to defend itself in Court but failed to acknowledge the private mail of the Chief Justice, The Right Honorable Cave Canem.

Addarow is persona non grata in TWP and we encourage our friends and potential allies to take care in their relationship with this notorious Forum Destructor.

In the news, the Kingdom of Lazarus is in process of passing a Forum Destruction Law and desire to be the first signatory to COPS outside of the Treaty Founders.

If nations are interested in becoming signatories to this Treaty please contact Schwarzchild, Foreign Minister of the West Pacific or Donchatryit, from ACCEL. Signatories are required to have laws prohibiting Forum Destruction in place before entering into this Treaty obligation. Copies of the unratified Treaty are available for perusal at the request of the Delegate/Prime Minister/First Minister or Minister of Foreign Affairs (or equivalent), address these requests through your Ambassador to Schwarzchild, MinFA of TWP.

Thank you for your time.

~Schwarzchild

hello there!

Ambassadors have been shuffled around a bit, and now, y'all are stuck with me

:hug:

so, i'll be around more often ^_^

and might i add, y'all have a lovely selection of smilies

Announcement:

Due to the current political instability in the region, TWP is at this time withdrawing the offer of a treaty.

We look forward to when stability does again return to this region.

embasyupdate.jpg

Released: August 24, 2007
Issue Name: Combo FTW

Official Links:
TWP Forums
TWP’s Web Site
TWP Senate

Current Ministers:
First Minister -- TAO
Minister of Defense -- Kaze Hikari
Minister of Foreign Affairs -- Schwarzchild
Minister of Immigration -- Neenee
Minister of Interior -- n/a
Minister of State Security -- n/a

Chief Justice -- Cave Canem

Elections

Speaker
Enegro Montoya has again been elected Speaker of the Senate.
  • Enegro Montoya - 76.2%
  • Anarchy Wolf - 19.0%
  • Ramaba - 4.8%
Associate Justice
At the end of the election Dezzland and Halmont were tied. The tie-breaker gave us the final results. Dezzland is again our Associate Justice.

Tie Breaker Results:
  • Dezzland - 80%
  • Halmont - 20%
We also had a confirmation vote for the Appointed Associate Justice
Rolheath was reappointed with 91.3% of the vote sitting at AYE.

Resignations

Biyah
Biyah had been our MOSS and will be dearly missed from that position.
His resignation is posted Here

Zeta
Our Minister of Interior has resigned from both that position and the Senate.
His resignation is posted Here in the Senate and in the General forum which is slightly more detailed.

Party!

There’s a new place to be in TWP. The Party Room! The first thing is a costume party, contest included. You can find it HERE. The winner of the contest will be featured in the next issue of this update.

Other Votes

The The Convention on Off Site Property Security (C.O.P.S.) Treaty

This was passed with 100% of the votes and reads as follows:

The Convention on Off Site Property Security

Preamble:

We, the undersigned, disgusted with the inexcusable practice of forum crashing and its attendant evils, wish to use this treaty as a means to work for the eradication of the practice.

Definitions:

Crashing: any action which could cause a forum to go out of service or lose information, including: the deletion of posts, the deletion of the forum, spamming, or any other act of this kind.

Legal: In accordance with the rules of Nationstates as set out on the site.

Off-site property: Any forums, websites or Wiki pages owned or maintained by a Nationstates nation, organization or region.

Signatories: The regions and nations who sign and the organizations on whose behalf they sign the treaty.

Spamming: Any action undertaken by non-region nationals to waste space on forums or to cause forums to crash. This includes any attempts to force a DOS error on forums and any attempts to flood the RMB of a region which is not your normal abode.

Phishing: Any attempts to gain forum controls or passwords by deception, especially by posing as administrators or moderators.

I

We, the undersigned, do agree to adhere to all the regulations set out below and do hereby accept the right of all nations, regions and alliances to create and maintain off-site property without hindrance, annoyance or any behaviour which could prevent the free exercise of this right. We commit to specifically refrain from all forms of forums crashing, spamming and phishing and condemn these acts as illegal and destructive. We also agree that no such act shall be ordered, condoned or accepted as legal by us or those nations and regions whom we represent and influence.

II

We agree that proper geopolitical requirements and cooperation are a key to preventing those who engage in acts proscribed in this treaty from continuing to do so. Signatories to this treaty agree to multilateral cooperation and further agree to enact laws against acts proscribed in this Treaty on a regional or organisational basis as one of the requirements for full membership. To fulfill the second requirement of membership we further agree that nations and entities that engage in these acts will gain no safe haven in member regions and organizations. To that effect we assert the right of all members to bring charges and try those that engage in these acts within their court system.

III

In order to be a member of this Treaty, a prospective member region or organization must meet the above requirements of Section II, ratify it within their region or organization and send a legal signatory to post their acceptance of the Treaty terms within the ACCEL and TWP areas where the original Treaty will be held in trust for all member regions and organizations. This treaty shall be binding and shall remain in effect from the time a signatory is added to the list, to the time they post a request to leave the Treaty. While the decision of a signatory to leave this treaty shall be unfortunate, it shall not be construed as support for, or intention to commit any of the acts condemned in this treaty. This treaty shall be considered supplementary to and not a replacement for any treaty in force between any and all of the signatories.

IV

Given the scope and purpose of this treaty, signing the treaty does not necessarily mean that signatories are in political or diplomatic agreement on any other matter bar the matters attended to in the text of this treaty. It is the hope of the signatories that, given that forum crashing may affect regions of all sizes and political views, this treaty shall be signed by as many regions and organizations as possible. Any and all signatories are hereby granted the right and encouraged to invite others to sign this treaty.

A Resolution to the Addarow Situation

The following issue had the votes sitting at 63.6% AYE and 36.4% NAY

We the Government of The West Pacific

After being shown insurmountable evidence in support of charges of Forum Destruction, we have found Addarow  and his know alias’ DIA Major General of Argone, StarCraft, PhantomStare, EnCrypted Death, EnCrypted, Sotaki Unsia, and High King Addarow and any other aliases, with full malice and intent destroyed the off-site forum of the region The Praetorian Empire.

We find this deplorable behavior to be in the worst taste of this and every other region no matter the allegiance and to be the worst action one can perpetrate in the game.

We declare Addarow and any other persona's he uses as ‘Enemy of the Game’ and ask that all regions in this game declare him persona non grata. No region can support or even condone his actions and we as a game must stand firm against those who wish to indiscriminately destroy the hard work of all those who contribute to creative process that is the offsite forum.

As his list of aliases grow, we will continue to update this resolution with the most current information

Amendment to the Judicial Code

This amendment, deal with contempt of Court, reached quorum and passed 100% AYE and one ABSTAIN.

VII - Contempt of Court

1. Anyone failing to comply with the stated procedure for a hearing before the Court, or ignoring requests from the Judiciary regarding behavior in any of the Court's forums, may be held in contempt of court.

2. Any sitting justice may find a nation to be in contempt; the nation may appeal to the full panel of all three Justices whose determination of a contempt citation shall be final and binding.

3. Nations cited for contempt may be made subject to any rule or procedure which the Court deems necessary to ensure justice and the orderly operation of Court business; such rules or procedures shall be agreed by a majority of the justices and shall become effective immediately, even if an appeal is lodged.

4. Nations found in contempt of court may be barred from participating further in court business, for a fixed or unlimited duration

5. Nations found in contempt of court may additionally be awarded a further penalty in accordance with VI, 7 of this code. Any additional penalty awarded must be deemed appropriate by all three serving justices.

6. Any rule or procedure imposed under paragraph 3 or any penalty imposed under paragraphs 4 and 5 may be appealed within 48 hours to the First Minister; an appeal related to paragraphs 4 or 5 will cause the penalties so imposed to be held in suspense until the appeal is resolved.

7. Upon the appeal of any imposed rule or penalty for contempt, the First Minister may with explanation
i. summarily sustain the Court imposed rules and/or penalties;
ii. directly modify the rules and/or penalties, but only by reducing the term or degree.
iii. remand the consideration of the circumstances of the contempt to the Court with recommendations;
iv. summarily dismiss the Court imposed rules and/or penalties

VIII.  Conclusion

This short update brought to you by the glittery Neenee, wishing you many cookies and happiness

Back