Foreign Policy

Namyeknom

TNPer
Howdy all,

As you might of noticed, I've just finished off something Dali laid the ground work for in upgrading our Lazarus consulate to an Embassy.

I'm also expecting TWP will be asking about re-establishing an embassy at some point soon.

I was wondering what the cabinets view on trying to establish embassy treaties with all the feeders would be? I would very much like us to be on good standing with them all.

Are there any problems with attempting this? And is it the cabinets will?

Thoughts? Problems? Insults?

Cultural exchanges, guest speakers from those regions to our burgeoning University, Feeder defense pacts, for journalists; maybe an opinion from other regions on local issues sounds nice (ex- the West Pacific take on Moderation regulation), the list goes on other than just the embassy agreement...

Though conditions upon future unrest could be a soggy subject...

I'm not in Cabinet, but it sounds like a good idea to me!!

:kiss: <---- this proposal gets Polts' kiss of death!!

TWP process went slightly faster than I expected. :unsure:

Yes, I would agree with Mr Sniffles that there is much that could be done in terms of inter-regional relationships. I may well have a chat with our errant MoCE when he returns.

I think embassies are a nice way to start. However I can think of some reasons why people may not won't embassies with certain feeders, and some feeders who are traditionally isolationist. Hence the reason I'm checking with the cabinet.

Oh, and just to clarify, I know Dali had wanted to cement our relationship with Lazarus, and I'd asked him for go ahead on TWP. I'm not trying to overstep my mark as a stand MoEA for a month. Any other embassy agreement I'm going to be pestering you lot with... :P

I would be fine with embassies with all the other feeders... it'd be good to hear something from them, I haven't really heard heads or tails from TEP, TSP, or TWP for months now, and TP has been rather quiet lately as well... Concerning treaties and such, I'd be a little cautious about that with the feeders, at least until we've held the embassy for a long time. As far as I'm aware, the Pacific is the only region that has a military to speak of, and they're not overly good, nor are they defenders (surprise surprise).

Is Lazarus still looking for that mutual defense pact? I suppose it wouldn't matter too much, we get stationed there a lot anyway (why I'm not in TNP right now, as a matter of fact), although I still fail to see how it would be "mutual" if they don't have a military of their own.

Oh, I have no intention of bringing up anything more than embassies. Cultural exchanges and the like I'm all for, but I didn't think military treaties would be on the agenda.

Also I very much doubt we would be in favour of anything stonger than a mutual defense pact, and I see very little use for that between any of the Pacifics except as a symbolic gesture. The only time I could see it being called on is during a civil war, and we have a tendancy to fence sit when that happens anyway.

As to Lazarus, it was mentioned that they'd asked for a MDP previously. As we seem to support them when ever they need it anyway, I see no arguement either way really, but would support it if it came up. Would really be up to the MoD to decide if it was workable. (*pesters Ator bvefore he can get settled in*)

I like the idea of having embassies with all the feeder regions. having good relations with other feeders and promoting good relations between the feeders will go a long way in keeping everything orderly and stable.

R

(*pesters Ator bvefore he can get settled in*)
Oh, don't worry, he's settled in. He's only:
- Made me set up a new permission mask
- Assigned ranks to all the NPA members
- Organized the NPA (gasp)
- Sent half of us out to Lazarus

And all that was in one day.

I'd like to talk with our Min of EA and see if I can help him out or feed off of what he's doing with the University. I think that really has a lot of potential for diplomacy and brand name awareness.

Just popping in for a few minutes finding some things, but I'm awaiting a formal statement from Senator Moo-Cows from the New Pacific Order regarding my decision to open a consulate to the Pacific Army. As soon as he writes that up and sends it to me I'll post it in here.

As well, I have recieved word that Gatesville and the New Pacific Order are both interested in increasing relations with us. They will be filling out the embassy forms pretty quickly, and we will see from there.

(*pesters Ator bvefore he can get settled in*)
Oh, don't worry, he's settled in. He's only:
- Made me set up a new permission mask
- Assigned ranks to all the NPA members
- Organized the NPA (gasp)
- Sent half of us out to Lazarus

And all that was in one day.
:P

I wouldn't mind us at least considering a military pact with other regions. The NPA is not a huge army, and it would be nice to have another region we can ask to help out with some liberations. I'm not talking about a full military pact, but just an agreement to share intelligence and help eachother out in defenses. Kind of like our pact with Red Liberty Alliance.

Pierconium has closed the Pacific's consolate with us.

Pierconium himself has stated that his policy towards non-friendly regions will be much "cooler" on the NPO forum. He always makes things so interesting...

EDIT: 100th post! Woo!

Moo Cows:
Dali

Ivan became impatient and closed our consulate.

Here is the statement:

The Pacific takes great umbrage at the granting of an embassy/consulate to the Pacific Army. Historically, the Pacific Army has as its core mission the destruction of our government, the NPO. As one PA member said in irc last fall, "If we had the numbers we would take it down now." Even their name speaks to their intent.

It matters not that their region only has 39 members. As Emperor Ivan has noted, "While I do not cater to scaremongering and false belief that the current Pacific Army stands a realistic chance of invasion, I am still very much aware that one nation can in fact turn the world if the occasion presents itself."

Granting them official recognition in this way only creates the perception that their goal is worthy of respect. To grant sovereign territory to an organization dedicated to our destruction on its face is not in good faith towards the NPO. The Pacific expects the North to rectify the situation, in the name of feeder unity and a unified front against underground subversive organizations.

P.S. Dali—If you can grant a concession to Gatesville concerning Concoisia, then it would seem we are not asking anything out of line.

I have informed some of you about what is going on, but to summerize the New Pacific Order is not very happy with me based on my decision to grant the Pacific Army a consulate. For those whom don't know, consulate status does not automatically recognize anything about that region. It allows for a group, be them a region, organization or as the NPO claims an underground movement, to engage in communication between them and us. The NPO has the same status. To note, they have been doing the same thing to The West Pacific regarding the opening of a Pacific Army embassy. As such, I am interested in persuing relations with regions that aren't particularly friendly with NPO or atleast neutral to the NPO, following their interest of infringing on our sovereignty. In respect to the other participants in meetings with them, I will refrain from posting logs that I have.

I have been playing with an idea in my mind, not caring if it will work or not at this point, but I feel it should be tossed around Cabinet to see how people think about it. I have been thinking about the establishment of the Pacifics Community, a community of pacifics, such as us, TWP and TSP, who will come together in solidarity working together to protect our sovereignty, democratic principles, and also to promote cooperation and friendship between us. I have been this past year sympathetic both privately and publically to The Pacific, being a pan-pacifican and just interested in them. However over the past few days, many different accounts, stories and information has made me reconsider my position to them, and I am somewhat saddened yet happy to say that any alliance between pacific regions that includes TNP during my job as Minister of External Affairs will not include the New Pacific Order.

I intend to engage the Minister of Foreign Affairs of The West Pacific and The South Pacific, as well as the Ministers of Defence from TNP, TWP and TSP about this idea. Reason why the MoD's should be included is that depending on what the other parties feel, perhaps a Mutual Security Pact should be worked in, but we will go with the flow.

I am working for TNP behind the scenes, some of you know that. I am still here, even though I am technically on sabbatical as per my own wishes. I am currently writing up a new set of items I wish to accomplish as new TNP Foreign Policy, and I hope with your cooperation, it will happen.

I would understand their concern if we had granted PA an embassy but to raise all this just over a consulate is a bit much. I guess they are trying to eliminate all major relations the PA has with anyone by making the regions the PA have consulates and embassies in choose either the NPO or the Pacific Army.

I'm sure in Pierconium's eyes this is some sort of test of loyalty. :pinch:

If the Pacific wants to pitch a hissy fit over something that doesn't really matter (officially), then tough nuts to them. Our policies aren't much of their business anyway.

I would support such a "community", but probably for the sake of diplomacy, some sort of effort should probably be made to include the Pacific. Chances are they'll turn it down anyway. If we don't at least mention it to them, they'll probably get even more pissed off and make matters worse. After all, remember how they reacted to a few recruitment ads? :duh:

Ivan is testing TNP as well as TWP, to see how much they are willing to give in. He has always enjoyed testing; he last tested influence when he banned over a thousand nations...

I just came back from a meeting with him on IRC, and I believe we have agreed that TNP-NPO relations are off for now. I do not feel that we as a region owe the New Pacific Order anything, and it is time to actually take a stand for our own sovereignty. I have tried to be a good diplomat and calm this situation, but their lack of compromise on the issue has made me give up. Unless I am out-voted here or whatever, consider TNP-NPO relations off. I believe Ivan will be writing up a notice in the NPO Consulate.

I'm being told that Ivan actually is going to admit there was fault from his side regarding some communication problems. I am asking everyone *and I mean it or else god help me I'm going to get mean* to please respect his message, and we will see from there. I'm sure I'll be talking to him a few more times just to play my cards right, but if it doesn't work, then fine, it happens.

Shasoria is discussing the happenings with Eli, and we will see what they do as well.

It seems that Ivan's plans are not going as he wanted. I wounder if he really intends to back up his message with a show of force on two feeders at once? THat wound be amusing to watch.

Back