Embassy of The South Pacific

The South Pacific Diplomatic/Ambassador Report
Covering Mid October to Mid December

-----
December Election - The New Cabinet

VICE PRESIDENT Fudgie (22-3)

SECRETARY OF THE REGION Tsrill (21-2)

SECRETARY OF JUSTICE Eastwales (17-5 PunkD)

SECRETARY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS Mavenu (20-2)

SECRETARY OF DEFENCE Kaselande (22-1)

SECRETARY OF INTELLIGENCE Miss Tessmacher (19-4 Mallancashire)

SECRETARY OF SILLY Caer Rialis (20-3)

Government Work

The TSP Great Council has started. This council will be discussing possible reforms to the charter and the laws of the TSP. The suggestion box has already opened, here.

Discussions on the 3 Warnings Law Adding Gravedigging, threats, and impersonation to the possible warnings list

Government of the South Pacific, using the legal tools at its disposal, gave permsission for a high-ranking cabinet officer to enter the government of another region. The intelligence gained from that region and good-will engendered have helped to foster strong ties with that region. Similarly, we regret the need for deception, but certain personal matters, which the quite liberal Three Warnings Law regulations of the South Pacific prevented us from acting soon enough to solve an issue, required such a ploy. The issue was resolved here.

The South Pacific - Gatesville Mutual Protection Pact was passed on Oct 27/05 by a vote of 14-2.

Also in early October, our Chief Election Commissioner, DWC, retired after heading up the EC for a year. Many thanks to "Dwick" for his stellar work developing and enforcing the current elections process and laws.

In his place, King J has been appointed in his place as the Chief Commissioner after serving several months on the EC. Michu has been appointed to the third member of the commission. Congratulations to them both as well.

UN votes

Forced Banishment Ban - Aganst (5-12)
Right to Divorce - Against (4-17)
Rights of Neutral Nations - For (6-3, after TGs)
Repeal "UCPL" - Against (3-5)
UN Small Business Education - Against (2-5)
IT Education Act - Against (2-6)
Global Food Distribution Act - Against (6-7)
Repeal "Fossil Fuel Reduction Act" - against (5-8)
Repeal "Protection of Dolphins" - against (2-6)
Representation in Taxation - against (5-7)
Worldwide Media Act - for (7-4)
Diplomatic Immunity - against (4-6)

Recent Top Ten of frequent posters on the board

Most Compassionate - multiple times
1. Danimal

Largest Regions - Nov 7/05
7. Danimal

The Most Rebellious Youth – Nov 2/05

6. The Holy Guacomole of Fudgetopia
8. The Republic of Danimal

Most devout – Oct 31/05

4. The Interstellar Colonies of Lakarian
8. The Incorporated States of Mavenu
10. The Penguin Haven of Michu

Interesting Discussions…

Common Era/Anno Domini

White Phosphorus

DVD passes 6 million in population

Talk about World Cup of Football/Soccer

In the absence of official ambassadorial representation to your fine Region, as the Prime Minister of The South Pacific I will shortly be making a statement regarding the aggression from The Lexicon against The North Pacific...

In the absence of official ambassadorial representation to your fine Region, as the Prime Minister of The South Pacific I will shortly be making a statement regarding the aggression from The Lexicon against The North Pacific...
This member nation eagerly awaits to hear what our neighbors to the South have to say regarding these unfounded accusations against my region.

South Pacific Cabinet:
As a group of Feeder Regions we should stand together to face adversity and threats whenever they occur. To this extent with our good friends in The North Pacific finding themselves in conflict with the region of The Lexicon. And as a state of 'war' now exists, The South Pacific hereby states that we are in full support of The North Pacific and their current Delegate, Former English Colony (AKA. Erastide).

We stand with The North Pacific and Erastide in the defence of your region and condemn the actions of The Lexicon and it's aggressors.

Thank you to our brothers and sisters in the South. I am sure that I speak for the region when I say that we appreciate the support that your region has always shown to ours.

South Pacific Cabinet:
As a group of Feeder Regions we should stand together to face adversity and threats whenever they occur. To this extent with our good friends in The North Pacific finding themselves in conflict with the region of The Lexicon. And as a state of 'war' now exists, The South Pacific hereby states that we are in full support of The North Pacific and their current Delegate, Former English Colony (AKA. Erastide).

We stand with The North Pacific and Erastide in the defence of your region and condemn the actions of The Lexicon and it's aggressors.
South Pacific Cabinet:

On behalf of The North Pacific, please convey our thanks to TSP for their show of support. Thank you very much for your continued help.

The United Federation of Hersfold
Prime Minister

Latest News from The South Pacific
4th August 2006

An open invitation has been extended to the friends and allies from across the NationStates world to join with The South Pacific in its football league and cup tournaments...All are welcome and you can find further details here:

SPFA Season 4...

The registration for the SPFA tournament has been going great guns and we already have 18 teams ready for the big kick off...These are:

TSP (Mavenu, King J, Greater Arkania, Caer Rialis, Tsrill, The Evil Penguin Child, Eastwales & Kloister)
The East Pacific (Kangawara & Kelssek)
The West Pacific
The North Pacific
Canada (TheMapleLeaf, Boreal Tundra, Carbanousa & Omnivorous)
The Exodus
The Meritocracy (Posul, Wegason & Soigacas)
ACCEL (Sarcodina)

It would be great if we had representatives from TNP too... :D

We have scheduled 28th August as the date for matches to begin...And with regard to the SPFA site...

For any team (also those who participated last year), your password is the same as your login/Team name (and with same, I mean exactly the same, including all capitals, whitespaces, and whatever else you've got in your team name). Once you have logged in, you can change the password to whatever you like. Contact me (Tsrill) if you have any problems.

There is not much else you can do in your control panel right now, as there aren't any games setup yet.

Within a few hours, the shorter and better rememberable URL http://spfa.trevon.net should work.

spfa_logo.gif

The registration for The South Pacific Football League and Cup Tournaments will close one week from today on Thursday 17th August...This is to allow all teams the necessary pre-season time to get the lads into shape and ensure that everyone has ample opportunity to assign the settings for their first fixtures...

If you haven't already nominated your team name then just let me know and your log-in can be set up and activated...

Thanks to everyone taking part... :D

spfa_logo.gif

A final update on the registration of teams for the SPFA League...
We have had a wonderful response from the Regions I have posted in and the run down of teams entered so far, with just 2 days left to go before the registration deadline, is as follows:

The East Pacific
Kangawara - Kangarawan Koalas

The West Pacific
Clockwork Isle - The Clockwork Islanders

The North Pacific
Daimiaena - Daimiaena XI

The South Pacific
Herculeum - Herculeum Lightning
Dalimbar - Chodean Kal Wave Runners
Mavenu - Mavenu Whitecaps
King J - Myrulesia Athletic
Greater Arkania - The Mighty Arkanians
Caer Rialis - The Fightin' Crawdads
Tsrill - The Rainbow Warriors
The Evil Penguin Child - EPC Minions
Eastwales - EastWales Springers
Kloister - Badgers United

Canada
Durass - Durass Snipers
TheMapleLeaf - TheMapleLeaf United
Boreal Tundra - Ice Gunners
Carbanousa - Carbanousa Crusaders
Omnivorous - The Dukes

The Meritocracy
Posul - The Posulian Puffins
Wegason - Wegason Dragons
Soigacas - Soigacan Tomcats

The Exodus
No entrants

ACCEL
No entrants

The two league groups will be decided shortly after the registration closes and I will post an further update then... :D

Tsrill:
Ok fixtures have been set and everything seems to be working. There are two pools, pool SPFA 4.1 has 12 participants, pool SPFA 4.2 has 14 participants ( a pool with uneven numbers would mean that always one team has to stand on the sideline, and that's not nice). The games will evaluated roughly every monday and the whole league runs until february next year. Pool 2 will naturally take 4 weeks longer...After that we will have play-offs between the top ranking teams of pool 1 against pool 2. and vv.

The rules are simple: distribute 30 points for every game, over attack, midfield and defense. The results are calcualted according to a formula specified in the rules page

If you want to know in which pool you are, check the league table page

If you want to know the results or your next opponents, check the fixtures page

If you want to login go to the team login page. If you haven't logged in yet and changed your password, please do so, your password is your nation's team name (including all capitals, spaces and other fancy things).  The order in the drop down list is roughly in order of registration.
If you have forgotten your password, please contact me, I can reset it. A reset passwords means it's again equal to your nation's name.

You can use the Analysis tool to find out if a strategy will be successful against another strategy (e.g. the one you expect from your opponent)

In the Participants list you can find all participating teams. If you have a team logo, please submit it to me so that I can upload it. Team logos look good ;)

In the archive you can find a provisional archive of last season.

Finally, the admin login page is none of your business :P

Once you have logged in, you will find the games you have to play. I strongly encourage that you set all games in advance, in case you forget to set at some stage. You can adjust your strategy as many times as you like until the game is played.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me.

Your friendly neighbourhood SPFA manager
-Tsrill

PS. Just that you all know, the SPFA site will fall under the SP code of law. As the site does not have a message board, the most important implication would be that banned members cannot participate. None of hte current participants were banned, so that shouldn't be a problem :)

PS 2. The leagues are drawn with help of the random number functions of my trusty casio fx85 calculator...the teams that drew a low number got into pool #1, the team with a high number got into pool #2

Pool SPFA 4.1
Ice Gunners
Mavenu Whitecaps
The Fighting Falconkats
Herculeum Lightning
Chodean Kal Wave Runners
The Dukes
Myrulesia Athletic
Sarcodinian Monarchs
Badgers United
Soigacan Tomcats
The Fightin' Crawdads
DVD United 12 total

Pool SPFA 4.2
.303 Tortoise
TheMapleLeaf United
Daimiaena XI
The Mighty Arkanians
EPC Minions
Wegason Dragons
Kangarawan Koalas
The Clockwork Islanders
The Posulian Puffins
Durass Snipers
Rainbow Warriors
EastWales Springers
Queens Park Ostriches
Carbanousa Crusaders

Monday 28th August - Day 1 Fixtures
Pool 4.1
Sarcodinian Monarchs - Badgers United
The Fighting Falconkats - Soigacan Tomcats
DVD United - The Dukes
Chodean Kal Wave Runners - The Fightin' Crawdads
Herculeum Lightning - Myrulesia Athletic
Ice Gunners - Mavenu Whitecaps

Pool 4.2
Daimiaena XI - EPC Minions
Queens Park Ostriches - EastWales Springers
Rainbow Warriors - Kangarawan Koalas
.303 Tortoise - The Mighty Arkanians
Durass Snipers - TheMapleLeaf United
The Clockwork Islanders - Carbanousa Crusaders
The Posulian Puffins - Wegason Dragons

August Update!

sp1.gif

The South Pacific
September Ambassadorial Report
Written by Caer Rialis with help from Fudgie, Kloister and Mimbaric Federal Zone.

Greetings from the South Pacific, where the rivers run with JAM and werewolves frolic in our rustic villages.

Quote of the month:

You're boring me. the answer is no. End of discussion

In NS News

In our enforcement of the NS rules on ad-spamming, the Prime Minister Kloister received a warning from the Mods for impersonating a Mod. After a discussion on the NS froums over this, look for the cabinet to make some changes in the procedures over recruitment ads.

Governmental News:

Discussions on the Expulsion of Nations has led to a new amendment placed before the Assembly. If it passes by 18 September, we will establish new protocols for ejecting those who violate the rules. Speaking of which, those members who have been banned from the region should realize that such bans are permanent; no matter how much they ask to return to us, such requests will be denied.

With regrets, Asdif resigned from the Elections Commission at a time when the role of the Commission is under debate. Asdif did a wonderful job and we are hoping his successor will continue in the sterling tradition of the Elections Commission.

Discussion has begun within the Assembly on new policies and procedures for our Embassy Central. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Caer Rialis, has started off a discussion in the assembly on this matter.

Similarly, Delegate Fudgetopia has begun a discussion in the Assembly on advertisements on the RMB. Ad-spammers have been plaguing the boards of late; NS Mods have been somewhat negligent on the enforcement of their own rules. When this is brought to their attention, it seems the messengers bear the brunt of their displeasure, as seen above.

After some discussion, Tarandella has been named Mayor of the Market Street. He had to start the job running, already approving three new businesses, Macorixes' Custom Design, The Recruiting Office, and The Little Green Pizza Parlour. Do stop in an enjoy the shops of the Market Street.

Forum Activity

The return of last summer's smash hit on SPTV, the Werewolves of Grovers Corners, has proven to be again a real nail-biter. This summer on The Return of Grovers Corners we've already seen the demise of two of the three werewolves. Will the villagers pull it out in time, or will the Lone Wolf prove victorious? Stay tuned.

In sporting news, the build-up to SPFA Season Four is well underway. Twenty Six teams representing many regions are taking part this year. Preseason rituals have undergone a slight twitch as Omnivorous put on his lucky pants, his orange sock, and spiked his opponents' oranges with laxatives. Put down the citrus, Omnivorous!

DVD is launching a Fantasy Football league for the South Pacific. Eight teams have signed up and it looks to be exciting.

With travelling days upon us, quite a few nations will be meeting up in London this October. In an uncanny twist, our Delegate and Prime Minister will actually be meeting in Singapore as both switch hemispheres for their vacations.

Some of the more popular spots for unwinding have continued to be:
What Do We Believe?
When I Say Jump . .
and
the revitalized Yin and Yang (thanks to jdelight)

Subsequent summary reports will be posted every month, with special events updated as they happen...Also you can check out South Pacific Offsite Times (SPOT) which is often kept up-to-date with the latest happening.

As asked of your ambassador to the South Pacific today, I wished to ask these questions here as well.

As I perused the North Pacific forums recently, I noted that you had a separate board for regional recruiters. We in TSP are currently debating this issue in our Assembly. I'd like to post a few questions for you here as we shape our policy on the matter:
  • Have you found most recruiters abide by the rules established by your forum?
  • Has this led to any distractions upon your forums?
  • Has this step limited the sheer amount of recruitment ads on TNP's NS RMB?
Thank you

Hi, Mavenu here, the newly elected FA minister for the TSP (again...). I'll be assigning an ambassador here soon.

Just wanted to let you know we're still alive over here :P

I wish to introduce myself as the newly assigned Ambassador to The North Pacific...

Having previously served as Ambassador to The East Pacific I feel it a great honour to serve here as TSP representative...

I currently serve as the Prime Minister and have done so for over a year now...

An official update will be communicated shortly, but in the meantime I look forward to immersing myself in North Pacific culture and partaking of the fruits of the forum... ;)

All hail The Coming Age of the Badger...

:hello:

It's probably very lazy of me, but would someone be so kind as to explain to me how the 'money' thing works here?.. :blink:

The South Pacific Report

sp1.gif

for October 18, 2007.

We've had quite a tumultuously time since the last report.

Government

In August, we saw the election of a new cabinet

Prime Minister - Kloister
Minister of Foreign Affairs - Mavenu
Minister of Justice - Caer Rialis
Minister of the Region - Napieria
Minister of Security - Geomania
Craziest - Parrrrtay

Bills
Several bills are under discussion (7 actually). A couple are To retake the RMB from Spammers and Declassifying the cabinet archives (after 6 months)

Election Commission
The Election Commision saw the resignation of papapatagonia (the Chief Commissioner) in mid June. Thanks, atag, for doing such a great job!

Delegate Fudgie appointed Minbaric Federal Zones to the post of Chief Commissioner (in August), and Tsrill to fill the third spot on the Election Commission.

Defense News
The South Pacific was requested by her neighbors in the the Pacific and Lazarus to send military aid.
Spam

The Vending Machine is full of stuff. What will you get?

Role Play

Remember that the coffee's always hot in the Coffee shoppe, and if you need building supplies (or to get something for your office), we've got an Home improvement store.

That's it for the TSP report, and we'll see you soon. Hopefully sooner than 5 months from now.

;) that was a draft, actually. oh well. me bad. $10 more TNP bucks.

For your information...

The South Pacific government recognizes our fellow Feeder’s right of self-determination in government. The TSP government does not sanction any actions taken against the current Delegate of TNP by any TSP member. Actions conducted by any TSP member are considered to be a personal and private action of that player behind the nation(s) on Nationstates.

It is our hope, along with the other feeders regions (TWP, TEP, TP) that our fellow Feeder can establish a government that will be stable, to bring life to NationStates.

We will continue to closely monitor the situation and act according to the active treaties we have agreed.

TSP Cabinet

On behalf of the South Pacific, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Mavenu
FA Minister, TSP

ooo... a :bunny:

Back