Question and Response

Rather than do away with the RA, I'd rather do away with the RV's... in the sense of combining the two together that is, I'd like to keep the Regional Assembly as I see it as the main way the majority of the nations in the region can get involved. I do agree however, that the Cabinet/Delegate should have more powers although I'd prefer that the Del/PM positions remained seperate. I should point out that giving the Delegate more power will move us further away from the constitutional monarchy-type setup rather than closer to it.

On the colonies thing and invading regions with active founders... well I have my own thoughts on that kind of thing which probably aren't relevant to this discussion. While it might sound like a cool kinda idea or something, its got more holes in it than swiss cheese, it really wouldn't work at the moment.

Appologies Hersfold, I was skim reading and misread your post.

I still find myself somewhat staggered that TNP is considering going hostile and invading to get it's colonization idea off the ground. We may not have a large army, but just by our pure size it would not take much to "take" a few odd founder regions and then hope the fear brings others into our bossum! But what then, true we will have sent shockwaves around NS, I doubt our current friends and other feeders will want to touch us with a barge poll. Colonizing other regions really does not do much more than we have through our alliances and embassies, those players in such regions are there because they want to be and like running things their way, if they wanted to be part of a feeder they already have that choice.

I agree there is far too much beurocracy here and that is great if you want to constantly battle the rights and wrongs of every action, but it stymies willing activity (aside from Ooc).

TNP is not good at peace. Other feeders, notably TEP and TP entertain themselves quite happily, but TNP has remained in a constant flux of internal (and occasionally external) civil war, until recently. Now those that were attracted to TNP to see the latest twist in the saga are bored and looking elsewhere.

There are many things that TNP needs to get right in it's own house IMO, before considering an idea of looking for external solutions.

If what everyone is really seeking is to make TNP "exciting" I would suggest either moving to a true multiparty system AND allowing real debate (much easier without Two) or remove the endocap and fight to keep the "right" Delegate in power!

Neither of those ideas am I suggesting is the correct path, but ultimately there is nothing more boring than peace!

On the colonies thing and invading regions with active founders... well I have my own thoughts on that kind of thing which probably aren't relevant to this discussion.

:pinch:

With founders!?!

AHHH!!!! NO!!!! NO NO NO!!!

You invade founderless region!

n00bs...<_<

On the colonies thing and invading regions with active founders... well I have my own thoughts on that kind of thing which probably aren't relevant to this discussion.

With founders!?!

n00bs...<_<

I am well aware of the conventional methods of invading.... Perhaps, from your perspective, my methods are not exactly invading. But then, I wouldn't expect uncouth barbarian invaders to understand. :P

:offtopic:

Umm, yeah.

I know I am not necessarily the most popular person that posts on this forum and I know that I have been out of the loop on the politics here for a few months but just as a random outsider reading this thread I must say that several of you are either deliberately attempting to railroad the government of this region or are completely incompetent.

If you have problems with the governance of the region, change it. It really is that simple, this is just a game afterall.

If you are having problems with the governance of the region I fail to see how in any way attempting to set up an invader program will alleviate any of those issues. Any such attempt must be seen as more of a catalyst for more problems correct? How can such talk be considered a solution?

Anyway, just a random thought from a player in the game. I do take some pride in noting that many of the concepts and points being made by the more rational in this thread were in opposition to many of the same exact concepts this time last year.

With founders!?!

n00bs...<_<

I am well aware of the conventional methods of invading.... Perhaps, from your perspective, my methods are not exactly invading. But then, I wouldn't expect uncouth barbarian invaders to understand. :P

:offtopic:
Look at my avatar! Does that look like a barbarian? No. Inner self, man!

After reading these posts, and thinking about it further, I think the real root of the problem here is the Constitution. I would like to entertain the idea of mass ammending the Constitution; combining RAs and RVs, giving more power to officials such as the Prime Minister, Delegate, and Cabinet members, and eliminating all the "red tape" in the trail systems.

Agreed. Right now our officials don't even act off of their own judgement. The constitution tells them what to do and how to do it and they just go through the motions. That is bound to get boring for anyone.

If there is an agreement for some of these changes, perhaps we can create some treads in the RA forum proposing official changes. The sooner we start the sooner we can come to an agreement and get these passed.

EDIT: I've started a topic regarding this HERE.

On this point, TNP is in need of something to bring in more people and keep them here. I agree with many of the points brought up here. BUT I think we should hear so more opinions before we nail down one thing.

What would bring in more people and keep them here? Imperialistic is an option and an interesting one, but are there any others? Hers has a good one too. Certainly there has to be more thoughts and ideas on this issue. I'd love to hear more.

Indeed, if we can reach a consensus on what the issues are, we can start working towards fixing them.

Back