Who Wants to Be a Minister?

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
No, this isn't a gameshow, although that would be a pretty cool way to pick ministers! :P But no. I'm going to continue the practice of the past couple of terms and ask that anybody interested in being a minister for the upcoming term shoot me a quick PM. You may absolutely express interest in more than one ministry, I just ask that for each one you include a quick description of what your goals would be for the upcoming term.

The open positions are Foreign Affairs, Home Affairs, Defense, Communications, and Education. Please note that I am considering (but have not yet made a decision) either scrapping Comm and Edu or combining them with another ministry, since it seems like they haven't been able to really fulfill their missions as they are now.

Culture/Entertainment and WA Affairs are off the table, becuase I am thrilled to appoint Lennart as Culture and Entertainment Minister, and Mall as WA Affairs Minister. Congratulations!

I would note to anyone interested in applying for Foreign Affairs, that I will not be applying for the role. So if you've been interested in the role, now would be a good time to apply.

I wish to apply to be the Minister of Defense. I have some big ideas which I would like bring to the North Pacific Army and I will work to the best of my ability to keep the NPA being a top class R/D organization.

I understand I do not have much experience serving in GCR governments but I promise that I will work extra hard to compensate for this.

I wish to apply for the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I would like to establish diplomatic relations with other regions that we haven't established with yet and cut all diplomatic ties with the regions with governments that took power through a coup.

I do not have any experience in serving in governments, but I am working with several ministries right now.

stalin1953:
I wish to apply for the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I would like to establish diplomatic relations with other regions that we haven't established with yet and cut all diplomatic ties with the regions with governments that took power through a coup.

I do not have any experience in serving in governments, but I am working with several ministries right now.
Great! Please shoot me a PM with some more details about what you would seek to accomplish during a term as minister.

After a disappointingly low application rate, I have made some decisions:

Home Affairs: I'm thrilled to appoint Tomb for another term. Aside from being the only applicant for the role, he's also talented and experienced in the HA ministry and I'm excited to be working with him.

Foreign Affairs: This was a difficult decision, but I have finally chosen Myroria for this term! He has served as FA Deputy under Raven, and is widely known and respected across NS.

Education: McMasterdonia will be taking on the Education ministry and working to revitalize the University! As his brainchild, he's hoping to see it start reaching its true potential through lectures, discussions, and keeping the citizenry more broadly informed.

Defense: The Defense ministry will also be going to McMasterdonia, at least for the time being. He is an NPA veteran with a great track record and a history of promoting internal activity and interregional cooperation. This will be a temporary assignment, rather than a permanent one, as he will be seeking to train other NPA members in command in order to enable them to take his place.

Communication: This role will be going to Kialga, who will be devoting his term to breathing fresh air into The Northern Light and establish a regular, consistent schedule of publication.

As an innovation for this term, and not to replace The Northern Light, I will be asking my Ministers to provide me with regular updates on the affairs of their department. These updates will be compiled into a ministerial report, and distributed to TNPers. My hope is that this will allow them to be better informed about what their executive officials have been doing, as well as encourage them to get more involved in any areas that they find interesting.

A big thanks to everyone who applied, and my congratulations to the selections!

Thanks for the appointment Delegate SillyString and congrats to the other new Ministers. I look forward to a busy and productive term.

Not in a normal election, plem. :P

Syrixia: Post threads, post ballots, count votes, open and close things. Normal stuff. Plem can walk you through it, if you'd like to help out.

Pending agreement, then, I appoint Syrixia and Plembobria as ECs for the January 2016 General Election.

Congrats Syrixia and Plemby. I'm sure you'll both do great. If you need a back up, I'm available.

~ Tomb

Back