ARCHIVED: New Membership Proposal

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Similar to a proposal made by Plembobria two months ago, I'd like to suggest that we review the way members are admitted. In my opinion, the democratic union has suffered because membership applications have taken a huge amount of time to be approved. Sometimes more than two months. This is unacceptable.

Imagine if the Regional Assembly processed applications in the same way, it would not be as active and we would lose many great citizens. I think the DU is in the same predicament.

My proposal is that we allow the SPEAKER to approve DU applications unilaterally. Members of the DU then have up to 2 weeks to object to an application. Two objections are required, in which case the Speaker will put the application to a vote of the full membership.

I believe that this will speed up the applications and more importantly, it does not put all the power in the hands of the chairman.

Here y'all go.

Amendment:
Section I of the Constitution shall be amended to read:
Membership in this union shall be split into three categories: Full Membership, Provisional Membership, and Observer State. A Full Member is entitled to all processes within the Democratic Union. A Provisional Member is entitled to the same rights and privileges of Full Member unless their membership is revoked. An Observer State is entitled to be represented within the Democratic Union, but is not privy to voting or running for positions of power within the Democratic Union. If a Member State of the Democratic Union is expelled, they retain the option to shift their status to that of an Observer.

The Speaker has the power to approve or disapprove all applications for membership.

Sub-Section I
Membership Requirements

To gain membership status in the Democratic Union, prospective members have to meet the following criteria: they must have a stated ambition to further the cause of the Democratic Union, they must fill out a standardized application set by the Office of the Chairperson, their representative must take an “Oath of Membership” on their behalf. Upon approval by the Speaker, they shall be granted Provisional Membership.

Provisional Membership lasts for two weeks. Upon expiration of Provisional Membership, the member shall be granted Full Membership. During this period if two or more members shall object to the Provisional Member's admission, the Speaker shall call a vote of the Council. If the Council shall vote to reject the Provisional Member, they shall be expelled from the Democratic Union. Otherwise they shall granted full membership.

Sub -Section II
Observer Requirements

To become an observer state in the Democratic Union, states have to meet the following criteria: they must have a stated ambition to further the cause of the Democratic Union, they must fill out a standardized application, and finally must gain approval from the Speaker.

Back