TNP Map Claims Thread

Excuse me, Lore, but would you mind explaining why I'm a candidate for removal? I'm aware that I'm not very active on these forums specifically, but I'm active pretty often on the actual site. Does that have something to do with it?

Off-topic, but I'd also like to regain my citizenship status on these boards, can anyone point me at the thread to do so, or the person to request it from? Neeeeeeeever mind. I'm blind.

Nierr:
What are your reasons? XP
I could tell you, Nierr. But then I'd have to kill you. And then we'd need to find a new cartographer, and that'd be a pain.
And there'd be no chance of that future tech RP group happening.

So you'd just better trust me! :yes:

We'll look at it, but you're at the mercy of Lore with this one. :P

Because Lore is the one who works on political claims the most, whilst I maintain any number of other things?

The Maplands

We, the Mappian Government, hereby present a request for the cartographers of TNP.
As you probably know, you do not usually add more land onto the TNP map. However, a few weeks ago, before we knew of the map, this map was created:
m8vvpOJ.png

As you can see, it is the Maplands's national map. No land similar to it is currently available on the TNP Map. Now, that you have seen that, and understand our request in greater detail, we were curious to see if it could be added on, but very small. If possible, something like this (or smaller) is preferable, and I went through the trouble of resizing it:
WsCvjr0.png

Hopefully, you at least consider my request. If not, that mainland would be great with a bit more added on. However, if negotiation is needed, the Maplands is okay with:
a. Resizing or removing of the mainland territory
b. Providing proof that the above map is part of our history
c. Further negotiation

Sincerely,
The Maplands
MadMapManPK, Ruler

Noted and will be discussed by the cartography team. Thanks for the well thought out request Maplands.

-Nierr

I've been noticing a lot of activity on the map front, Kannex. You're not the only one. What concerns me even more is that over in Lazarus their map updates quickly whenever a new claim is filed, and their map has a much more elegant appearance. (It was made by St. Oz)

We need to talk to the cartography team about what's going on. My guess is they have a reason for their inactivity.

Kannex you're fine. I was quietly impressed with your rp and forgot to mention here that your expansion was acceptable to the cartography team. It will be added in a future map update.

As for supposed inactivity, it has only been 15 days since the last map update and the process of updating the map is ongoing. We have been focussed on other things, both online and offline. We do have lives and sometimes they take priority. Expect movement on this within days.

As for Lazarus, whilst it is indeed an elegant map, it is not a style I find that lends itself well to the things we would like to do with our map - nor should the timing or appearance of Lazarus' map be something for comparison - they are just starting out, with few nations on their map and much smaller updates at this present time. The cartography team may seek to expand the team in future weeks and months to help with the workload - although it remains manageable - but any new members must be able to fulfil certain requirements that enable the team easily pass around layered .xcf, .svg or other similar file types.

Always, stay frosty, and don't be a lemon.

-Nierr

Yeraennus:
Excuse me, Lore, but would you mind explaining why I'm a candidate for removal? I'm aware that I'm not very active on these forums specifically, but I'm active pretty often on the actual site. Does that have something to do with it?

Off-topic, but I'd also like to regain my citizenship status on these boards, can anyone point me at the thread to do so, or the person to request it from? Neeeeeeeever mind. I'm blind.
I base the map's retention requirements on the same requirements that are needed to maintain citizenship. So largely if you lose citizenship you also lose your space on the map.

That being said I will be doing an update in the near future after I finish updating my spreadsheet to see who needs to be removed.

Quick update - Removals Only

Update 27

Removed: Egalotir, Dumont, Tronkandal, Alamo, Tlacopantec, and David Land for inactivity.

Notes:

Nations on the danger of being removed list include.

In the Next 7 Days
* Archegnum (Tomorrow)
* Slokobafia (2 Days)
* Bustos (4 Days)
* New Assen (5 Days)
* New Haven America (6 Days)

In the Next 14 Days
* BlueZone (9 Days)
* Hobbsburg (10 Days)
* Nasania (11 Days)
* Imperial Augustum (12 Days)
* Lausse & Axla (12 Days)
* Yayaennus (13 Days)
* Kalti (14 Days)

In the Next 16 Days
* Mor'os (16 Days)

Yay Map update #28

Added
Hardish Bay Colony (Plembobria)
Galacta (Nebula)
Port Florrantia (Nebula)
Andronozadite (Xentherida)
Pelhafor (Kannex)

Scandigrad
Maplands

Removed

Archegnum
Slokobafia

Fixed

NPTO and Guslantis Territory
Cronaal (West Island)

Notes

Current Land Claimed: 48.64%

Potential Removals

Next Seven Days

New Assen (1 Day)
BlueZone (5 Days)
Hobbsburg (6 Days)
Nasania (7 Days)

Next Fourteen Days

Lausse/Axla (8 Days)
Imperium Augustum (8 Days)
Yaraennus (9 Days)
Kalti (10 Days)
Mor'os (12 Days)
Floresque (13 Days)
Maplands (13 Days)
Thatchertropolis (14 Days)

Next Sixteen Days

Giqvista (15 Days)
Sirisea (15 Days)
Bonreas (16 Days)

19chickens:
Hm... I need to be more active.
But how? I find the roleplay guides to almost be overly making it hard to get started.
Just describe the world and it's people in detail and you'll be fine.

I would like to claim the following vacant land for the nation of Euladias.

dJUxmQp.png
( The land that is vacant is my claim :P )

My reason for another claim on the map:
The Republican Pacific Islands used to be part of a much larger nation [in my history] known as Sutiae, or even before that, Estius. The royal house of Sutiae began implementing reforms transforming the nation from a kingdom into a diarchic republic, in which two elected officials had supreme ruling power over the nation. After about 110 years, that nation, the Republic of Pacific States, was divided into two new nations, Republican Pacific Islands and Euladias.
I would like to put Euladias on the map for RP purposes. Euladias is a monarchy and Republican Pacific Islands is a democracy, and I would like to RP as a monarchy once in a while.

Thanks for your consideration. :P

EDIT: Also, if the claim isn't too big, when/if Bluezone is removed, I would like to extend my claim for Euladias to cover that whole island except for Galacta (Nebula).

RPI... part of that island used to belong to Slokobafia which was removed on June 12. Other than that, the island landmass is all yours.

For the cartography team...
1) I made a claim for Tir na Andalucia on a new continent via PM. Do I need to make it formal and make a claim here on this thread or will the PM suffice?
2) I'd like to have the following land set aside for my puppet nation of Callaici. I am currently traveling in Italy so I won't be as active in the backstory but I will be more active once I'm back in the States...
CdgeizB.png

A short blurb about Callaici (highly sped up timeline of events)...
Lying halfway between Kalti and Tir na Andalucia, Callaici has been an important layover stop for merchant ships of the Confedeation. In recent years, a spate of piracy has arisen in the interior of Callaici and after a few years of guerilla warfare the pirates managed to overthrow the democratically elected government. As the piracy grew worse, the Kaltian Estate was sent a decree by the so called Ilunabarra Pirates who demanded a hefty fine in return for not seizing or sinking any Confederation ship. The Council of Kalti was outraged and issued a counter decree declaring the Ilunabarra outlaws and that democracy be brought back. This also led to the immediate authorization of the Kaltian Defense Forces and Assassin's Guild. Through the use of strategic assassinations and the blockade of Callaician ports, the Ilunabarra Pirates were brought to bear and to answer for their crimes. Sometime later, the Confederation helped reinstall the Council of Four and Council of Fourty. Both of these Councils saw the Kaltians as the savior of their land and issued a call to their people on whether or not to join the Confederation of Kalti as a Protectorate / Free State. While there was some opposition, the vast majority of the Callaician people were in favor.

A lotta new RP states...methinks another claim is in order.

Gimme a few hours.

You already have at least two claims Syrixia. No more.

Could I have my old claim back please. It thought I'd been on in the last 30 days, but I guess I forgot :3

Thanks in advance, your dedication is much appreciated :)

Updated the Callaician claim to allow for Ceretis to claim a little land for his nation to build a bridge across the lake (the land in red). Details were discussed via PM but more can be expanded on if necessary.

Nierr:
Wait, but Kalti already has two claims as well- Kalti and Tir na Andalucia, and his third claim is quite big as well. How come he gets more of this? Did I do something?

Syrixia:
Nierr:
Wait, but Kalti already has two claims as well- Kalti and Tir na Andalucia, and his third claim is quite big as well. How come he gets more of this? Did I do something?
Syrixia. I put both forward and will let the cartography team decide as they will. If only one of my two puppet nations will be accepted, I'll choose Tir na Andalucia over Callaici.

Tir na Andalucia is for the new landmasses that will eventually be added. The problem is I'm suffering from the cartographers equivalent of writers block at the moment, meaning progress on these new landmasses has slowed to a crawl.

Whilst Kalti's claim for Callaici hasn't been accepted or rejected, I'm treating it as a second - rather than a third claim - as Tir na Andalucia and the landmass it is on, doesn't actually 'exist' yet, so to speak.

When the new landmasses are added, they'll come with updated guidelines on claims for those landmasses. These guidelines aren't yet decided upon, however, so people are welcome to post suggestions in the Map Discussion topic.

Following Syrixian-Kannexan negotiations, Rhuvanland has been reunified. I'd like it to be so on the map as well. Below is a drawing I made of the united Rhuvanland. It is in the correct proportions.

rhuv2.png

Updated Physical Map
Updated Claims Map

RPI:
I would like to claim the following vacant land for the nation of Euladias.
Possibly too big. Maybe half that island... or take the island to the other side of you, now that Hobbsburg has been removed.

Kalti:
-Callaici-
This should be fine.
Archegnum:
Could I have my old claim back please. It thought I'd been on in the last 30 days, but I guess I forgot :3

Thanks in advance, your dedication is much appreciated :)
Done. Welcome back.
Kalti:
Updated the Callaician claim to allow for Ceretis to claim a little land for his nation to build a bridge across the lake (the land in red). Details were discussed via PM but more can be expanded on if necessary.
Just point me where to wave my brush.
Syrixia:
Following Syrixian-Kannexan negotiations, Rhuvanland has been reunified. I'd like it to be so on the map as well. Below is a drawing I made of the united Rhuvanland. It is in the correct proportions.

rhuv2.png

Done.

Announcement:

To better indicate the international situation within TNP, the Democratic Union, the North Pacific Treaty Organisation and all other international alliances or groups are invited to provide small, black stylized icons to represent their organisation. These will be including in future map updates, although the cartography team will need to be notified of membership changes in those organisations.

Back