Unus Pro Omnibus, Omnes Pro Uno
(One For All, All For One)

National Capital:
Summerland

Style of Government:
Multi-Party Federal Directorial Democratic Republic

Government Structure:
Council (Executive)
Conclave of Castelli (Upper Legislature)
Assembly of Castelli (Lower Legislature)
Supreme Court (Judicial)

Constitution of the Confederation:
http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=371031

Head of State:
(President / Councilor ) Solveig Nightsong

Head of Foreign Affairs:
(Councilor ) Issac Laux

Democratic Union Representative:
Vyncis Maley

Civil Rights:
Superb

Economy:
Frightening

Political Freedom:
Widely Abused

National Map:
http://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=351918

Oath of Membership:
I, President Solveig Nightsong, on behalf of the Council and the Confederation of Kalti swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, we understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. We vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seeds in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Councilor Elior Wardson, Department of Home Affairs
Councilor Issac Laux, Department of Foreign Affairs
Councilor Maryln Kiani, Department of Economic Affairs and Social Welfare
President / Councilor Solveig Nightsong, Department of Finance
Councilor Ardelle Engstrom, Department of Culture
Councilor Carylon Nesor, Department of Education and Research
Councilor Damien Holbach, Department of Defense and Civil Protection
Vice-President / Councilor Anthony Stark, Department of Justice
Councilor Netzia Artyn, Department of Environment and Energy
Councilor Vali Sarrat, Department of Transportation and Communications

Majority Conclave Speaker Geoffry Lysev
Minority Conclave Speaker Audrey Nolle

Majority Assembly Speaker Katerine Sladek
Minority Assembly Speaker Raphael Helsing

I just want to note that while I mark Solveig Nightsong as President and Head of State, she is one of the ten heads of state. In Kalti, the Council acts as a collective group of councilors who elect one member to hold the title of President and the title of Vice-President. These two titles rotate between the ten members on a yearly basis. I quoted part of my nation's constitution that delves into more detail:
Article II : Powers and Structure of the Estate
Section I : [Executive] Council
* The members of the Council are elected for a term of five years by both chambers of Parliament, sitting together as the United Castelli Parliament. Each Councillor is elected individually by secret ballot by an absolute majority of votes. The voting is conducted in several rounds, under a form of exhaustive ballot: in the first two rounds, anyone can enter their name; but in subsequent rounds, the person receiving the fewest votes is removed from the race until one candidate gains an absolute majority.
* Once elected for a five year term, Councillors can neither be voted out of office by a motion of no confidence nor can they be impeached. Re-election is possible for an indefinite number of terms, and it has historically been extremely rare for Parliament not to re-elect a sitting Councillor.
* Each Councillor heads a government department. As Council members, they are not only responsible for their own department, but also for the business of their colleagues' departments as well, and for the conduct of the government and the federal administration as a whole.
* Each year, one of the ten Councillors is elected by the United Castelli Parliament as President of the Confederation. The Conclave of Castelli also elects a Vice President. By convention, the positions of President and Vice President rotate annually, each Councillor thus becoming Vice President and then President every ten years while in office.
* The President of the Confederation is the highest ranking Kaltian official. He or she presides over Council meetings and carries out certain representative functions. In urgent situations where a Council decision cannot be made in, he or she is empowered to act on behalf of the whole Council. Apart from that he or she is a primus inter pares, having no power above and beyond the other nine Councillors.
* The President is not the Kaltian head of state; this function is carried out by the Council in corpore, that is, in its entirety. Official visits abroad are carried out by the head of the Department of Foreign Affairs while visiting heads of state are received by the Council in corpore.

The Most Serene Republic of Syrixia supports the application of its longtime ally Kalti, and the Protectorate of Rhuvanland has also resolved to support the Kaltian application.

(Note: This is how I will be submitting support notifications from now on. As Rhuvanland is a protectorate the collective vote of these two nations counts as one notch up by however many percent, blah blah blah. I suck at math. XD)

Syrixia:
The Most Serene Republic of Syrixia supports the application of its longtime ally Kalti, and the Protectorate of Rhuvanland has also resolved to support the Kaltian application.

(Note: This is how I will be submitting support notifications from now on. As Rhuvanland is a protectorate the collective vote of these two nations counts as one notch up by however many percent, blah blah blah. I suck at math. XD)
One member does not make the other a member by protectorate state status. I, however, will give my support.

As Rhuvanland is a protectorate of Syrixia, they get to voice their opinion and it is legally counted via the Syrixian constitution as simply the opinion of another entity within Syrixia. However this only applies to international organizations and such. The cases are very distinct and specific.

But moving on, let's not threadjack.

As of 5/3/2015, Kalti's approval of being admitted to the DU is 31%, needing 2 more to be accepted into the DU as a full member.

The nation of Kalti has been accepted into the DU as an observer nation until the necessary requirements are met.

dmb615:
The nation of Kalti has been accepted into the DU as an observer nation until the necessary requirements are met.
The Unified Castelli Parliament accepts the Democratic Union's vote on admitting the Confederation of Kalti at observer status until the necessary requirements for full membership are met.

Sincerely,
Majority Conclave Speaker Geoffry Lysev
Minority Conclave Speaker Audrey Nolle

Majority Assembly Speaker Katerine Sladek
Minority Assembly Speaker Raphael Helsing

(I would like to point out that this application has had satisfactory approval for the last 10 days, the current threshold is 5 approvals and it currently meets that with approvals from Plembobria, Dalies, Syrixia, Andulus and Scandigrad)

Back