Admin Requests

Can you create a subforum "WALL Reference Library" inside the WALL forum? Same permissions as its ancestor forum. Thanks.

EDIT: Additionally, can you make the default ordering of threads in the new forum be by alphabetical order?

I notice that Plembobria has won Stories of TNP and yet Morheim's factbook is still on display here while Plemby's is on display in the WFE on the main site.

Could this be updated?

Syrixia:
I notice that Plembobria has won Stories of TNP and yet Morheim's factbook is still on display here while Plemby's is on display in the WFE on the main site.

Could this be updated?
I can take care of this one. Fixed.

Thanks, though it's "Plembobria" not "Plemboria".

On a side note though, I am so calling him Plembo now. ;P

Wyvernfield is no longer located in TNP and should be remasked as a member. Also, Alta Italia should be remasked as a Deputy Speaker and placed on the government page. (Oath here.)

Please remask Myroria as a deputy minister. Appointment. Oath.

In addition, he needs moderator privileges over The Editor's Desk forum. I'm not sure how you want to set that up. Currently, the cabinet has moderator privileges over TED, but no one else. I don't think it would be appropriate to give all deputies moderator privileges there. I know you guys don't like giving individual mod privileges anywhere if you can help it. Perhaps it would be appropriate to create a Newspaper Editor group with mod privileges over TED. I don't know which would be preferable to the mod team.

EDIT: Another alternative would be to create a shared account for the editing team, akin to the voting booth. If you choose to go that route, I'd request that you remove mod privileges for the cabinet. I don't have any strong preferences about any of these options. My only preference is that all editors get to be mods, and as few others as is convenient.

EDIT2: In case this has been forgotten, the reason why all this is important is that normal users can only see the threads that they start in TED. Moderators of that forum can see all threads. This arrangement exists to safeguard articles before publication while allowing a collaborative editing process between authors and editors.

Greetings.
I am unsure if this is the correct place to put this request, but I would like to recommend creation of a subforum within the Role Play section intitled 'The Great North Pacific Trade Route' and have the two related threads moved in. I would also like some sort of editing ability in this forum, if that is at all possible.
Thank you very much.

Clyde and Lochstar have left the region, remask as members.

TomZanovich and Common-Sense Politics have CTE'd and should be remasked as former residents.
Done. TomZanovich and Common-Sense Politics were both NPA, I removed that mask since they CTE'd

Wyvernfield is no longer located in TNP and should be remasked as a member. Also, Alta Italia should be remasked as a Deputy Speaker and placed on the government page. (Oath here.)
Alta Italia added. Also given speaker's office mask.

Can you create a subforum "WALL Reference Library" inside the WALL forum? Same permissions as its ancestor forum. Thanks.
Done

Scandigrad:
Could Lord Lore please be masked as a Roleplay Moderator and be given cartographer permissions?

Could you also please give Nierr cartographer permissions?

Thanks!
Sorry to be blunt, but neither of these appear to have been implemented. I was under the impression that they were when McM said "done".

Were they completed or not?

EDIT: Also, I have lost the ability to moderate several sections of the DU subfolders. It appears that RP mods have moderating powers over the DU subfolders but cabinet members do not. Could this also please be corrected?
I don't know what you mean by "cartographer permissions". Do you mean to moderate that forum? Lord Lore has already been made an RP Mod.

Could an Admin please look over my moderator permissions to make sure I am able to move topics to the lockbox from all forums?
I... added a few more forums, but I'm not sure which one(s) you're concerned about so it's a bit hard to check.

Please remask Myroria as a deputy minister. Appointment. Oath.
Someone's done this and given them specific mod privileges. I personally would rather create a shared account so that it can be passed from person to person as appropriate.

I *think* that's everything. Don't quote me on it though. :P

Without knowing Scand's mind, I'd assume he does mean mod over the Map subforum.

Thanks for your work getting these done as well FEC. :)

Nierr:
Without knowing Scand's mind, I'd assume he does mean mod over the Map subforum.

Thanks for your work getting these done as well FEC. :)
Okay, that should be done then. You're restricted to more of a maintenance type of mod, I assume that's the kind of permissions you'll need.

Don't mean to be a nag but would one of the admins please look over the residents application thread? Cheers in advance!

Former English Colony:
Syrixia:
Seeing as Empire of Narnia has been given the latest Stories of TNP award, could this be updated on the news box?

Proof:
http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_north_pacific
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7338810/1/#new
Newsbox is not changed by admin, that's a government function.
Who can I go to to change this? I'm not sure as when this happened last, r3n fixed it. (That was during the Morheim-Plembobria transition)

Syrixia, the way to do it would be to go through the appropriate cabinet member. I'm not sure if stories of TNP is home affairs or culture.

EDIT: It's culture, so you would need to contact Scandigrad. The newsbox is updated upon the request of members of the cabinet in a thread within the executive council forum.

Jamie:
Don't mean to be a nag but would one of the admins please look over the residents application thread? Cheers in advance!
Eras Rants:
Who, in their infinite wisdom, decided they HAD to rename the RA to Citizens? And Citizens to Residents? If you wanted to grant the RA more wide membership, then just MERGE the groups into the RA.

It basically just smacks of some some manager that comes in and wants to be able to point and say "I did this!" when in fact they have accomplished nothing.

So anyways.... why is there still a residents application? *IS* there still one? Cause I thought we wouldn't have such silliness/dual level membership anymore. :eyeroll:

Sanctaria:
May I have Cabinet masking, please.
And the government page needs an update now that Sanctaria replaces R3n. Also, R3n is no longer part of the S.C. either.

Thank you,

~ Tomb

015, arva, and Whales223 have CTE'd and should be remasked as Former Residents. Han Fei Zi, Dragonslvania, Csstform, and Wolfstar have relocated from TNP, and should be remasked as Members. Also, Eluvatar was investigating why I could not see the Mod HQ subforum, and I wanted to see if that could be checked on, please.

Bootsie:
015, arva, and Whales223 have CTE'd and should be remasked as Former Residents. Han Fei Zi, Dragonslvania, Csstform, and Wolfstar have relocated from TNP, and should be remasked as Members. Also, Eluvatar was investigating why I could not see the Mod HQ subforum, and I wanted to see if that could be checked on, please.
Remasking done.

Deputy Speakers have the ModHQ mask override, which should allow you access to the mod HQ. I cannot for the life of me see any reason why you cannot see it.

I have tried a work-around which may sort this out.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
Greetings.
I am unsure if this is the correct place to put this request, but I would like to recommend creation of a subforum within the Role Play section intitled 'The Great North Pacific Trade Route' and have the two related threads moved in. I would also like some sort of editing ability in this forum, if that is at all possible.
Thank you very much.
This was completely ignored. Am I posting it in the wrong place?

Greetings.
Thank you very much.
i am not sure what standing you have to ask for creation of subfora or moderating ability within the forum. Am i missing some sort of appointment?

Thanks flem. It's been a while since I was last in cabinet - not sure what I *should* be seeing, but I'll check with McM.

Thanks.

flemingovia:
Greetings.
Thank you very much.
i am not sure what standing you have to ask for creation of subfora or moderating ability within the forum. Am i missing some sort of appointment?
My apologies for not explaining myself.
It's for the Great North Pacific Trade Route. It isn't an official government organisation, but we do have quite a few members such as McMasterdonia and Malvad. We are a pinned topic, but I was looking to expand the route and its capabilities by having a folder in which to collect our documents and add new ones. As the founder, I wanted to be able to edit these documents. If this is not possible, then fair enough. I'm not asking for a group or areas only accessible by members at this stage. Just a folder. That's all. Do I need to seek Delegate sponsorship, or something, because I am confident I can obtain that?

flemingovia:
Bootsie:
Remasking done.

Deputy Speakers have the ModHQ mask override, which should allow you access to the mod HQ. I cannot for the life of me see any reason why you cannot see it.

I have tried a work-around which may sort this out.
I don't know if it was there before, but the ModHQ is listed under the subforums in the forum operations but isn't actually inside it. However, I can now access both the Lock Box and the ModHQ.

Forthinker, Little Sealand, Skkal, and Las Emilianas have not logged in for 30+ days, and should be remasked as members.

Bootsie:
I don't know if it was there before, but the ModHQ is listed under the subforums in the forum operations but isn't actually inside it. However, I can now access both the Lock Box and the ModHQ.
Bootsie, are you seeing a blank forum (no image, no title, nothing like that) when you look inside at the Forum Operations forum, or are you seeing nothing at all?

I used to get a blankity-blank forum for Mod HQ, but it was fixed.... however, my access was removed when I left the Court, then reinstated for Vice Delegate, and now I don't see anything. No Mod HQ forum, no blankity blank forum... nothing. I can offer a screenshot if necessary, but it's a little annoying. Anyone know what's up with that?

Edit: But I can access the forum through the link on the main page, just like I could when it was a blankity blank.

SillyString:
Bootsie:
Bootsie, are you seeing a blank forum (no image, no title, nothing like that) when you look inside at the Forum Operations forum, or are you seeing nothing at all?

I used to get a blankity-blank forum for Mod HQ, but it was fixed.... however, my access was removed when I left the Court, then reinstated for Vice Delegate, and now I don't see anything. No Mod HQ forum, no blankity blank forum... nothing. I can offer a screenshot if necessary, but it's a little annoying. Anyone know what's up with that?
The only things inside the forum are General Announcements and Moderation Discussion. ModHQ is only accessible through the subforum list.

Okay, then it sounds like you're having the same issue I'm having.

It could be a fun new iteration on the blankity blank forum bug, but I don't know for sure.

I and FEC are trying to sort out why residents would need security checks as opposed to citizens. I looked at the current text of the Constitution and the Legal Code and could not fine any mention of it.
Also, wouldn't those removed as citizens be remasked simply as s residents, assuming their nation is still in TNP, and not former residents? It also is not clear to me as an admin when the remasks would be to former residents, when forum inactive but have a TNP nation ought to be treated as residents Again I looked in the Constitution and Legal Code and saw nothing. Please point to where the answers are for admin benefit as I'd hate to find out latter that it's being done incorrectly.

Back