Regional Assembly Membership Applications

Helgraf:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Norway XXVIII, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I am part of the NPA and cant post in roleplay and Flemingovia said to join the RA so i can and thats my reason.Anyway choose as you will.
Lord Nwahs:
Helgraf is conditionally admitted pending checks by the VD and admins.
Abacathea:
Lord Nwahs:
Helgraf is conditionally admitted pending checks by the VD and admins.
Checks by me
Double checked and remasked.

Helgraf, please make an admin request if you want your badge changed from NPA to RA.

169545:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of The Dutch LandsThe Dutch Lands, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.
169545 is conditonally admitted pending VD and Admin Checks.

(eew, liberal nationstates)

Eluvatar:
169545 and New Charlzilla are delayed while admins review how to address ISPs that force their users to use a proxy.
In that case I'll hold off further checks on these two until this is addressed.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Charlotte Amalie, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of GOSSELAND, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of GOSSELAND, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Abacathea:
Lord Nwahs:
Charlotte Amalie is conditionally admitted pending checks by the VD and the Admins.
Passed.
Rechecks clean, masked.
Lord Nwahs:
bobdoop is conditionally admitted pending checks by the VD and the Admins.

Checks clean. Masking as Citizen pending Vice Delegate action.
Abacathea:
Lord Nwahs:
bobdoop is conditionally admitted pending checks by the VD and the Admins.
Passes.

And masking.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of KUDOR, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Funkadelia Island, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I didn't mean to let my membership lapse the last time. :P

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Congress of Unity, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Funkadelia:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Funkadelia Island, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I didn't mean to let my membership lapse the last time. :P

Still checks clean, no multi.
CNU:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Congress of Unity, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Checks clean, no multi.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of the Empire of Suicodide, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of [Gladio], pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Gladio:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of [Gladio], pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

:eyebrow:

What have we hear, a raider applying to join the Regional Assembly? Summon Tresville! Summon Twos-

Wait, you're telling me- ah, okay.

Checks clean, no multi :P

Funkadelia, CNU, and Gladio are conditionally admitted pending checks by the Acting VD.

Suicodide's application is not accepted, please read the thread opening post very carefully.

New Charlzilla:
Hi, may I ask how's the issue with my situation going?
We gave you an option to have your security check pass but you didn't wish to sj that. It is the only way we can verify that you are a distinct individual. As such you do not pass and will not pass unless your ISP is to suddenly change to something else.

Let's try this again....

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Empire of Narnia, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Iscadar, pledge allegiance to The North Pacific, reasonable obedience to its laws, and responsible behavior as a member of its society, for as long as I am member of it. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Empire of Narnia is conditionally admitted pending checks by the Admins and Acting VD.

Iskandar's application is rejected because you ain't gonna fool me the admins.

Lord Nwahs:
Empire of Narnia is conditionally admitted pending checks by the Admins and Acting VD.

I wanted to point out that I have only fixed grammatically that text. Referring to region as "he/she" is incorrect - it can be used in some cases of speech referring to nation as mother/father.

1) The change for loyalty to allegiance is not that different - with loyalty it - claims too much out of ordinary person, and with lack of respect the person. Allegiance does much more and fits better the purpose of this. Thus i propose to change it from loyalty itself to allegiance. (for those who do not know what it means = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegiance)

2) Reasonable obedience to its laws, changed from obedience to her laws. This is to protect myself from you, not the other way around. Since you are trying to prove to be a democratic voting system, I need this to protect myself from laws that are morally wrong, or simply bad laws. (If such law passed, I would be exempted from following such after showing disgust or rejection veto from my side - this does not give me power not to follow your laws, it gives me power to decline and move away from TNP. (since you ask for loyalty - and usually that is for whole life - this needed to be here to protect me)

3) change of responsible action, to responsible behavior. This simply is implying that i will not participate in wars that I do not want. But will not participate in wrong behavior as to support so called enemy, work as a spy - or so. My freedom is this way, not infringed upon.

And rest is the same.

Iskandar:
Lord Nwahs:

I wanted to point out that I have only fixed grammatically that text. Referring to region as "he/she" is incorrect - it can be used in some cases of speech referring to nation as mother/father.

1) The change for loyalty to allegiance is not that different - with loyalty it - claims too much out of ordinary person, and with lack of respect the person. Allegiance does much more and fits better the purpose of this. Thus i propose to change it from loyalty itself to allegiance. (for those who do not know what it means = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegiance)

2) Reasonable obedience to its laws, changed from obedience to her laws. This is to protect myself from you, not the other way around. Since you are trying to prove to be a democratic voting system, I need this to protect myself from laws that are morally wrong, or simply bad laws. (If such law passed, I would be exempted from following such after showing disgust or rejection veto from my side - this does not give me power not to follow your laws, it gives me power to decline and move away from TNP. (since you ask for loyalty - and usually that is for whole life - this needed to be here to protect me)

3) change of responsible action, to responsible behavior. This simply is implying that i will not participate in wars that I do not want. But will not participate in wrong behavior as to support so called enemy, work as a spy - or so. My freedom is this way, not infringed upon.

And rest is the same.

1) That sounds like a very sensible suggestion to make as a bill to adjust the oath, but not cause to alter it unilaterally. The oath is set by statute, and has been revised a number of times (the first few revisions adding to it, the most recent couple of revisions simplifying it).

2) The precedent is that illegal activity after departing the Regional Assembly, while still illegal, is not considered an oath violation. The Court interpreted the oath to apply during one's membership in the Regional Assembly. Not the ruling I wanted, but it is what it is. Please keep in mind also that our legal system has a number of checks and balances and protections: the Bill of Rights trumps any part of the codified law and may only be amended by a three quarters majority of the Regional Assembly (and has only been amended a handful of times, never to reduce rights).

3) I'm not sure I understand the comment.

If something hasn't been done, doesn't mean it won't. Court can interpret one thing, or the other (views of law change) while it may be, or may not. It comes down to what it is in text in the oath.
Loyalty can mean too many things, and imposes even on right to leave. Since person is undertaking a promise, if he's truth to his words - he cannot break it with oath of loyalty.

Do not misunderstand me, but this is giving too much power over person who represent knightly valor of chivalry. (like myself) Not that it may seem pushy (its not intended to) - i do not need to be part of regional assembly. While I consider this a loss to the current members/leaders of it, since another voice gives you greater perspective - whilst my views seem to be quite unique to some. Either way I implore to take another look at my application, and advise to look at applicants as unique people = not like let's say country is looking at population statistically.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Guslantis, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

"Bootsie, I don't think we're in TNP."

Bootsie's application is rejected because declared nation isn't residing in TNP.

I would like to remind the RA that I have passed the secuirity check by the admins and have been approved by the speaker and that 3 days have gone by since I've reapplied to join with no response from the VD(for obvious reasons).

Sorry about that, Lord Nwahs, I forgot to actually MOVE to the North Pacific when I went to the forum, I hereby apply to the Regional Assembly as a true nation of The North Pacific:

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Guslantis, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Indeed. Funkadelia, CNU, Gladio and Empire of Narnia should be remasked as RA members.

Bootsie is conditionally admitted pending the usual.

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Kalti, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Lord Nwahs:
Indeed. Funkadelia, CNU, Gladio and Empire of Narnia should be remasked as RA members.

Bootsie is conditionally admitted pending the usual.

Not sure if there is history with those 4, or if I got missed in the mix, but it appears I have been passed over having submitted before the above. Thanks.

I, Evan Kirkpatrick, leader of The North Pacific nation of Gryffindor Country, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Back