Tyr's Hand Party

King Durk the Awesome:
i joined the udl today :)
I think we have to consider whether Durk can continue in this party now he's taken the pledge of Scarlet. I'm sure most people take that oath with the best of intentions at heart, but we have to be pragmatic here and the placing the interests of natives uppermost and a quest to rescue and protect them in any region, at any time, at any cost, as is the spirit of the declaration he has made, is sidelining North Pacifican regional interest, and even conflicts with it directly in some cases.

I put it to you that Durk's membership of UDL is a security risk and an unnecessary compromise. Can he support both this party and the united defenders league?

What will our position be on this?

Election time!

You may not have decided your votes yet. I would like to propose four motions.

Firstly, vote for me as attorney general. I've done it for four months and I've had no complaints. I believe I've shown I don't go overboard prosecuting and I haven't used the position to destabilise the government or the forum, nor have I used it to settle scores with people I don't like. I'm putting myself across as a very passive candidate, whereas I am certainly capable of obsessive tenacity and flying off the handle when the need arises.

Secondly, vote for Blue Wolf for justice. Not only is he someone we know and trust, he has served admirably as a court justice in the past.

Thirdly, vote for SillyString for justice. She has a comprehensive and functional understanding of our laws and is adept at responding to any situation intelligently and gracefully.

Fourthly, vote for Grosseschnauzer for justice. He has shown some affinity with the policies of independence that are so central to our party and I believe he will protect our sovereignty by sstanding firm to the principles of justice and other traditions that we love about TNP.

Thank you. Please post what you think, even if you disagree with my leading your votes in this direction. This party runs on consensus and if we could achieve that today I think that's a great step forward.

Any seconds?

Chasmanthe:
Election time!

You may not have decided your votes yet. I would like to propose four motions.

Firstly, vote for me as attorney general. I've done it for four months and I've had no complaints. I believe I've shown I don't go overboard prosecuting and I haven't used the position to destabilise the government or the forum, nor have I used it to settle scores with people I don't like. I'm putting myself across as a very passive candidate, whereas I am certainly capable of obsessive tenacity and flying off the handle when the need arises.

Secondly, vote for Blue Wolf for justice. Not only is he someone we know and trust, he has served admirably as a court justice in the past.

Thirdly, vote for SillyString for justice. She has a comprehensive and functional understanding of our laws and is adept at responding to any situation intelligently and gracefully.

Fourthly, vote for Grosseschnauzer for justice. He has shown some affinity with the policies of independence that are so central to our party and I believe he will protect our sovereignty by sstanding firm to the principles of justice and other traditions that we love about TNP.

Thank you. Please post what you think, even if you disagree with my leading your votes in this direction. This party runs on consensus and if we could achieve that today I think that's a great step forward.

Any seconds?
Second.

I, HuAt, identify and sympathize with the stated goals of Tyr's Hand Party and wish to be a member.

For the avoidance of doubt, if the majority of the party does endorse you for AG, I still will not vote for you as I am no longer a member of The North Pacific regional assembly.

I've come to question one aspect of the platform of Tyr's Hand. That is regional alliances.

I disagree that alliances effectively promote the independence and honour of The North Pacific.

I also realize that I came to this view while I was still in the regional assembly and inadvertently voted against what this party stands for, by opposing the alliance of TNP with TEP.

I offer my apologies for this accidental inconsistency.

Please can we get together to discuss this issue, as there may be others who shifted their views on the value of inter-regional alliances. If any non-members are interested in joining that discussion, I would welcome that, provided the other members of the party are amenable to it.

You aren't a citizen here any more. Wouldn't it be a bit strange if this party allowed you to participate in a discussion about it's internal TNP policies given that you have emigrated from the region?

Note: I am not a member

I didn't mean to overshadow the other supporters of Tyr's Hand from having their opinions brought out and made into policy.

I can't help but agree with most of what the party stands for, but if the party doesn't want foreigners in it, that's a matter for them to discuss. If they clearly wanted me out I would leave.

To be honest, I'm not around TNP so it's very unlikely I'd be able to keep up with all the policy-making that TH is going to be doing over the next few election cycles.

Back