Hello Nations of the North Pacific

I am unsure how I found Nation States but I found it just the same via a facebook post or something and as Politics and staying up with current events is kind of my hobby I decided it would be fun to join. I have been on the site only a few days now. Still trying to learn the game play and come up with laws for my nation as well as answering policy questions on the issues.

As my name suggests I am attempting to pattern my nation off that of Libertarian Principles (though I am not a Big L Libertarian as in I am not affilated with the Libertarian Party..I do support thier aims though)

My Nations name is the "Democratic States of Libertarianland" though when I registered i registered ot as such so now with the title it reads "The Democratic States of the Democratic States of LibertarianLand" and I have been unable to correct the redundancy.

My real name is Paul. I am 26 years old. I will be 27 in August. I work a full time Retail job for a major unionized Grocery Chain. I have been in a relationship since 2005. I am from America in the Southern Part of the state of Ohio.

I was a democrat and even admittedly voted for the current president as of 2008. But sometime between then and 2012 i realized the democratic party and me have fundamental disagreements such as Obama signing NDAA drone strikes ect. Pretty much seemed to me as Obama has been a continuation of Bush. Ron Paul i started listening to him and pretty much got turned onto libertarianism. I do not know everything nor claim to know everything but i strive to learn every day. I find myself to be socially liberal in I support Marriage rights for all adults and womans reproductive rights as well as marijuana legalization (i am not sure how I feel about other drugs. I feel its a personal choice what people put into thier body but I also witness first hand every day the destructiveness of RX pill abuse) however, I feel those things should be a personal decision and not mandated by Government. Those things are not listed in the constitution therefore not role of federal government though certianly per the 10th amendment a case could be made for it being states rights issues.

I find myself fiscially Conservative. I do not like the corrupt nature of the federal reserve or of the income tax or the IRS. I am in favor of abolishing the IRS and income tax and replacing with the Fairtax legislation. I do not support raising the debt celing that is like maxing your credit card out then demanding Visa extend your limit. I feel government should pay down its debt and no new spending until some fat is cut out of the budget.

I feel social welfare programs need massivly overhauled as well as corporate welfare be abolished completely no bailouts let the free market decide. I feel taxiation is theft if taken out of my pay check and given to someone else.

While i do feel people need a help up from time to time if they lose thier job fall on hard times or become disabled. As so i wouldnt want to cut it totally. However I would like to ensure the people who legit need help can get it. While those who game and use the system as a career and who are able bodied can get a job and take care of themselves instead of having the government do it.(in my job I do see a lot of people who are abusing the tax payers)

Id like to make it so like i said the income tax is gone people keep what they earn. Corporations have zero payroll ect taxes so they can reinvest in their companies and hire workers. So people who want to work and are able to can work. And those who use the system as a career will have a job to go to once the free ride is stopped and the people who really need help who are disabled and cant work or who have temp lost thier jobs but want to work but need help til they csn get hired again can get hired.

I am technically registered republican I switched in 2012 to vote for Ron Paul in the Primaries. In the general election i voted for Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party. Since I am still registered Rep. I attend local republican club meetings in my area and attempt to inject some young libertarian/tea party ideals to the mainline RINOs who claim to be for personal liberties and smaller govt but actually do nothing about it. I support Republican Tea Party style politicans who actually claim to want to change things like Rand Paul Ted Cruz Ron Paul and Justin Amash a house rep from Michigan.

I listen to Tom Woods and Glen Beck. And also have tuned into the Alex Jones show from time to time. I think he puts good content out there sometimes on govt corroption...but has the stigma of being "conspiracy theory"..i still like him and Jesse Ventura...guess i kind of have a Dale Gribble from King of the hill streak going.

Anyway Ive rambled too long..this is totally TL;DR. I aplogize. Anything else you want to know just ask me.

I just wanted to kind of give my background. I think i saw a forum on the main NS site to debate RL stuff but i havent ventured there yet. Ive pretty much ran everyone off my FB to argue with lol they tend to just ignore me and let me ramble and rave and post "Police State" ish articles lol

Honestly I would run away from your FB too, being a 'bleeding-heart' Liberal and all ;~;

Hey im socially liberal too. Just i dont like government deciding and running things. If people want to smoke things get married ect. More power to them infact i encourage and applaud them. Just i think they are personal decisions not the governments. Laws shouldnt be passed one way or the other. And the anti crowd..well they need to just get off thier high horse. Theyre entitled to their opinion and to do what they want...but thats as far as it goes..dont tell others how to live. Lazzises fair live and let live attitude and the govt and religion keep its nose out of our business.

Quite an introduction here. We do discuss real life politics from time to time, it usually just requires the initiative to start the discussion. I hope that you enjoy your time on NS and as a member of the North Pacific. :)

Plus im quite boring. Politics and political news has kinda became my hobby. I work listen to political news podcasts and rant on my facebook. I find the time inbetween to occasionaly play GTA V and Madden on my Xbox 360 and pretend Politic on NS.

Hello, hopefully someone can help me? I Did not want to start a new topic and clog up the forum. I was wanting to start an ambassidorial exchange program in character with other nations. And establish myself in the game as a friendly respected contributer to the region. I found the role play forum but upon trying to create a embassy exchange topic. It told me i did not have permission?.

Thanks.

Coincidentally you joined TNP around the time this video was posted :)

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XrYHMHF5cQ[/flash]

Rand Paul is an avatar of Paul Wall, but maybe Paul Wall is an avatar of Rand Paul. ;)

Back