Jamie for Delegate

Cove

TNPer
I've never been a fan of big campaign threads, since I've never found them to be my strength, so basically this thread is just to ask questions on any policies I'd implement, opinions on legislation and what not.

So, with that. Ask away.

punk d:
What will be your number one priority?
First, thanks for the question.

My number one priority would be first and foremost - making TNP a bigger player on the international stage - in both FA, the WA and Military. If elected delegate, securing further alliances with other regions would be one of my biggest priorities - with both our fellow GCR's, as well as some of the UCR regions - in order to be respected as a important player, we need to be well connected as a region - in both simple relations as well as treaties. Completing the process in regards to ratifying the Concord treaty would also be a very important matter which I would work to progress with, if elected.

Our military is an excellent way in which to further our region's influence and vision - both in furthering our FA goals through military co-operation as well as taking part in a variety of different military gameplay situations in order to spread our influence - through both being defensive, and being offensive - in order to be a neutral region we either need to do neither, or both, my preference is the latter in order to attract a larger pool of citizens and members to our region and make us a more well known military force.

Lastly, the WA, if elected I want to see us become more involved - I want to see us take a more solid stance on the WA, I want to see members of our region getting more involved in the WA - be it through authoring proposals or helping us further our influence. Increasing our region's general proportion of WA votes is also a vital way in increasing our influence - in both our region's general security as well as WA voting power, increasing this would be an incredibly important priority for myself.

So overall, my priority is furthering our region's influence, though I have a variety of ways in which I wish to do so.

Tyler Kazakov:
If you're elected delegate will you unban me from #TNP?
I refuse to answer. My position as OP on the #tnp channel has no bearing the position I am running for.

Jamie:
Tyler Kazakov:
I refuse to answer. My position as OP on the #tnp channel has no bearing the position I am running for.
It doesn't? If you become DEL you don't get Op? MC got it, eluvatar got it? Join answer my question please, PM me if you don't want to answer it outloud.

1. Jamie is already OP.

2. The question is irrelevant to the delegacy.

As it is, I support and endorse Jamie for delegate. :)

Tyler Kazakov:
Jamie:
Tyler Kazakov:
It doesn't? If you become DEL you don't get Op? MC got it, eluvatar got it? Join answer my question please, PM me if you don't want to answer it outloud.
I was appointed operator regardless of any position I held. I will not answer any further irrelevant questions.

What do you think makes a successful Delegate and what is your grand vision for The North Pacific?

What can you offer that makes you a better option for the people to vote for?

A few questions:
1. What are your feelings on the current Cabinet?
2. What are your worst qualities and what would you do to counteract any negative consequences this could have on your term as Delegate?
3. What do you feel are your best traits?
4. Why should I not vote for you out of all the Candidates for Delegate?
5. Why should I vote for you out of all the Candidates for Delegate?

Windy:
What do you think makes a successful Delegate and what is your grand vision for The North Pacific?

What can you offer that makes you a better option for the people to vote for?
A successful delegate is a delegate who maintains activity and is able to maintain respect both at home and abroad.

As for my grand vision..good question. I don't have an 'end goal' as such - it will be more to continue the work established by our previous delegates and expand on it - I want TNP to be more active culturally, more active internationally as well as more active militarily - I want us to expand on our current operations and look at ways to further engage new members and get them involved in the NPA. I want TNP to make its mark on the nationstates world through both our actions as well as our words. I want us to strengthen our bonds with our fellow GCR's as well as tightening our relations with our current allies as well as seeking new allies.

As for your second question - it's a question of perspective - I think all of the candidates would make fine delegates and I expect it to be a close election - therefore I can't pin down any factor which would make me a 'better' candidate - since I have no idea how the other candidates would perform, hypothetically - I can only know how I myself would act and behave as delegate.

Thanks for your questions.

1. What are your feelings on the current Cabinet?
I think the current cabinet is a very competent one and seems to be performing incredibly well. However, it's not perfect - and there is inactivity there - most notably in the WA affairs department, since Mall, sadly, has gone inactive. Other than that, I don't have any glaring issues with the performance of any other members of the cabinet - since I believe they are performing in a way which creates both efficiency, as well as activity.

2. What are your worst qualities and what would you do to counteract any negative consequences this could have on your term as Delegate?
My worst quality is that I'm stubborn and I'll admit, I do like to get my way. Arguably, that could potentially create conflicts within the cabinet - since I may come into disagreements with cabinet members. However, while I'm stubborn - I can compromise and am willing to work with a variety of different people and personalities in order to reach a fair and balanced decision which would appeal to not only the cabinet - but the region at large.

3. What do you feel are your best traits?
I feel my best trait is my activity. I'm on IRC most of the time and check the forum several times a day - and even more so when it comes to simply logging into my nation. I also consider myself relatively efficient and am able to complete goals, on a whole, as specified and as required. I'm also determined, I set myself set goals which I make my best effort to reach - one goal which I like to reach is getting a high number of endorsements - and I intend to build upon the success of the number of endorsements Delegate McMasterdonia was able to achieve.

4. Why should I not vote for you out of all the Candidates for Delegate?
That's a good question. I'll admit, I'm not as experienced as some of the other candidates, so if you'd be more comfortable voting for a more experienced candidate, I would fully understand.

5. Why should I vote for you out of all the Candidates for Delegate?
My answer is similar to the above, but the opposite. While I'm not the most experienced, that can be a positive since I can bring a more 'new' perspective to the delegacy - I have lots of ideas I wish to implement, if elected - and I wish to involve both new and old TNP'ers in these ideas in order to bring a more varied perspective to the table.

Thanks for your questions.

Thanks for your answers Jamie. Can you describe a game situation where the leader made a decision and you thought a different decision should have been made? What would you have done in that situation?

I hope that makes sense.

punk d:
Thanks for your answers Jamie. Can you describe a game situation where the leader made a decision and you thought a different decision should have been made? What would you have done in that situation?

I hope that makes sense.
After thinking about this for a little, I've remembered one such incident when I disagreed with how something was handled. I was rather sceptical of the way the NPA was originally operated, but I personally didn't think what it was originally doing was in our region - that is defending operations with a lack of offensive operations outside of warzones (granted, my view changed on this issue later during a later term) - personally, I'm unsure what I would have done differently - since there was an incredibly long debate on the issue, and obviously, none of us would have come away from it completely happy - So, I guess I would have just discussed it further in cabinet before proposing it. That's honestly the only issue which stands out to me.

Thanks for your question.

You've cited a desire to raise our profile in the broader NS world - how much experience do you actually have out in that world? Contacts, relationships, etc which will be usable by you in actually achieving that goal?

Gaspo:
You've cited a desire to raise our profile in the broader NS world - how much experience do you actually have out in that world? Contacts, relationships, etc which will be usable by you in actually achieving that goal?
I have a reasonable amount of experience - I've served as ambassador to a fair number of regions during my time as well as running the FA or a number of a regions, in addition to that, I'm relatively proficient in the general writing of foreign updates. As for the contacts - I'm on good terms with the delegates of a number of the GCR's as well as a number of UCR members.

Sorry if brief, though I'm happy to give clarification or further detail if needed.

Great Bights Mum:
Are you a *whispers* raider? And if so, what will that mean for the NPA?
Yes. I am. Saying that, TNP will always go before my military commitments. As for what it would mean for the NPA? It would mean very little. Sure, It means I have useful experience in regards to the military, but I don't intend to force or push my military ideology on the NPA. Taking either side would be a bad step for the NPA to take - I believe the NPA should continue to take part in a variety of operations - both defensive and offensive, as well as assisting our allies when needed.

What do you say to those who have accused you of bringing in dozens of members of TBH to support your campaign/change their votes to you?

*does some cheerleading*

Yeah, Jamie is fabulous woohoooo! :D
Jamie for Delegate, hey hey!
Jamie is our future, ahaaaaa!
Vote for him, vote for TNP, right right!

kirsten_dunst6_180_240.jpg

Mall:
What do you say to those who have accused you of bringing in dozens of members of TBH to support your campaign/change their votes to you?
I'd say to show me evidence. I've a TNP'er first, always. I would never try and seek outside support or bring in outside influence.

Jamie:
Mall:
I'd say to show me evidence. I've a TNP'er first, always. I would never try and seek outside support or bring in outside influence.
Well said. Best of luck to you in your campaign.

Alicia DiLaurentis:
*does some cheerleading*

Yeah, Jamie is fabulous woohoooo! :D
Jamie for Delegate, hey hey!
Jamie is our future, ahaaaaa!
Vote for him, vote for TNP, right right!

kirsten_dunst6_180_240.jpg
Thank-you for your support, Alicia. :)

Mall:
Jamie:
Mall:
Well said. Best of luck to you in your campaign.
Thank-you, Mall. :)

Back