-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
As Former English Colony does not have access to the RA Private Halls but does have access here, and this area is reasonably discreet, I'm making an Ask FEC thread here.

Here we can talk to Eras about regional security without talking to the whole world at the same time. :bunny: :jack:

Is it true that you agreed to keep up your endorsement count and, if necessary, act to help protect the region against a tyrannical delegate's coup d'etat in conversations with me?

FEC, some RA members have expressed concern about your ability to commit to the responsibilities of being a Security Council member without first joining the RA. Please don't take it personally; they didn't let me back in the SC until I was an RA member again. I think it would be wonderful to have you on the SC, but how would you respond to the uncertainties others have?

My biggest concern is your activity levels. How often do you log into your nation on average?

Edited for clarity.

I tend to login to NS whenever. Honestly, I don't particularly care if I'm on the SC or not. I'd be happy just to be kept informed if there's a worry. Because if I had to I would try and help TNP out. So if the result is just a mental "tell eras what is going on" that would be fine. :P

I appreciate your prompt response.

I guess that what I'm trying to get at is how effective you can be if you only check for TGs and PMs every couple weeks, unless there's a way to contact you via email if a crisis does arise.

Isimud:
I appreciate your prompt response.

I guess that what I'm trying to get at is how effective you can be if you only check for TGs and PMs every couple weeks, unless there's a way to contact you via email if a crisis does arise.
It is possible to contact Erastide by email, and by skype.

I suppose my concerns are similar to others here. I feel that the Security Council is well-balanced and well-tested by membership in the Regional Assembly. Although your interest in protecting the region is commendable, I find your lack of NationStates activity to be worrisome. I noticed that before today the last time you had logged into your nation was 11 days prior. Since you stated that it would be all the same to you, I still find Regional Assembly membership to be prudent to Security Council status, and don't see an exception as a particularly good idea.

Now the only log in requirement for ra membership is once every 30 days. We have email/skye contact information which makes getting in contact with SC members in an emergency easier.

Then why don't they simply apply for membership instead of getting a nearly pointless exception? I'm sorry, I don't mean to ruin the fun, I just don't understand this from a practical point of view.

Former English Colony:
I tend to login to NS whenever. Honestly, I don't particularly care if I'm on the SC or not. I'd be happy just to be kept informed if there's a worry. Because if I had to I would try and help TNP out. So if the result is just a mental "tell eras what is going on" that would be fine. :P
That pretty much covers exactly what I would prefer the SC do instead of granting exemptions.

I have been one of the more vocal opponents to an exemption being granted, due to a general opposition to exemptions than a particular opposition to you.

Did you approach the SC to offer your services in defending the region, or did they approach you?

Namyeknom:
Former English Colony:
That pretty much covers exactly what I would prefer the SC do instead of granting exemptions.

I have been one of the more vocal opponents to an exemption being granted, due to a general opposition to exemptions than a particular opposition to you.

Did you approach the SC to offer your services in defending the region, or did they approach you?
We approached her.

I really don't have any desire to have power in NS right now. Nor really for the foreseeable future. In terms of NS I think I am an old fogie that is happy in her little corner but will come out waving a stick at any encroacher or internal revolt.

And yeah, I'm definitely reachable by email and skype.

I'll also note that I'm not generally very fond of exceptions either. So as long as there can be a little list that says "contact in case of emergency," I'd vote against an exception for myself. ;)

Hi Eras,

Nice to see you again, I personally think you should stay, and that would also solve this problem too... :w00t: However, it's nothing personal in voting against this, I just think those who are actually members of the "SC" should be actively involved on the forum, the fact that you'd willingly help out if we had a problem in the region is an added bonus IMHO.

:bunny:

Eluvatar:
That's basically what that list of exempted SC members would be >.<

So... basically, the exemption process is utterly pointless and you're just wasting everyones time, including FEC's, with this...?

:cheese:

Sure. The little list isn't pointless, going through the bureaucracy of the SC as the mechanism to make that list seems pointless.

Back