Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
The North Pacific:
The Kingdom of McMasterdonia ceased to exist

I have asked around with the mods and apparently this was no mistake.

Obviously mcmasterdonia is no longer a Regional Assembly member, and can't act as Vice Delegate.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask for people not to speculate as to why the moderators deleted him until we have heard from mcmasterdonia himself.

I really don't know why this would have happened. I have only one WA nation, and have not done anything offensive. I am going to try and get this sorted out.

mcmasterdonia:
I really don't know why this would have happened. I have only one WA nation, and have not done anything offensive. I am going to try and get this sorted out.
Good luck and I hope this situation is corrected shortly.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have attempted to appeal this deletion of my nation with the mods on IRC. It appears that this is not going to happen, as the mods are of the view that the evidence was solid.

I made the terrible mistake of leaving my computer on and unattended while I went out for the afternoon and evening with my partner.

When I returned home, I found that my Facebook account had been trolled and spammed by my brother who has been staying with me for sometime before he is sent away. I also went on IRC to find that my Nation had cte'd. The mods say, this is due to an attempt to hack another nation.

Here I have made another mistake in that I had divulged too much information to my brother, and he obviously thought it would be fun for shits and giggles if he caused all this trouble. As you can imagine I am not amused. The mods say, that they cannot accept my reasoning, of blaming some other person who may or may not have used my computer. If they believed every person who said that, they wouldn't be able to ban anybody. I can understand that reasoning.

I can offer no other explanation. I am not a hacker, I am not technologically talented and I have never done anything like this before. I hope that you will believe and accept my reasoning.

I have applied for WA status on another nation which should be granted soon. I will then begin endo-tarting immediately. I deeply apologize for all the issues that this incident has caused

-Mcmasterdonia

This is quite unfortunate. I won't be holding a special election unless the court requires me to but instead will re-recognize you as Vice Delegate once you've joined the WA in TNP.

That's a very stupid situation, your brother is quite rude.. but you've learned a lesson - don't trust even your own family and always be careful.

mcmasterdonia:
If they believed every person who said that, they wouldn't be able to ban anybody. I can understand that reasoning.
Can we believe every person who says that... :shifty:

:P

Families, who'd have 'em, eh?

Namyeknom:
mcmasterdonia:
If they believed every person who said that, they wouldn't be able to ban anybody. I can understand that reasoning.
Can we believe every person who says that... :shifty:

:P

Families, who'd have 'em, eh?
It would appear to be a bit out of character for mcmasterdonia to try to hack some nation.

My roommate made a false Facebook account for me before I had one when I made the mistake of leaving my computer open saying all sorts of slanderous things against me, so I am inclined to sympathize and believe the story.

Eluvatar:
This is quite unfortunate. I won't be holding a special election unless the court requires me to but instead will re-recognize you as Vice Delegate once you've joined the WA in TNP.
IMHO Actually we need to go for special election

We do have a provision in the Security Council article of the Constitution and Law 30 that permits an SC member to temporarily not meet the endorsement level when changing their WA nation.
I would suggest that at an minimum there is some argument supporting the Delegate's position, but it is ambiguous.

Well to be perfectly honest. I don't care whether people believe me or not. Speculate all you like, I know what happened and that is that.

Today has just been a horrible day, and its going to be worse. I have WA status on my new nation, and will begin endorsing as soon as possible.

mcmasterdonia:
Well to be perfectly honest. I don't care whether people believe me or not. Speculate all you like, I know what happened and that is that.

Today has just been a horrible day, and its going to be worse. I have WA status on my new nation, and will begin endorsing as soon as possible.
I believe you ,these things happen and I think people who weren't there in the first place have no right to judge, and I hope your endorsement level will rise swiftly.

Blue Wolf II:
Our Speaker is being a bit slow. :P
I believe tradition (TRADITION!) dictates a ban is in order. That's what we do to CTE'd nations isn't it? :P

@ mcmasterdonia, my comments in this thread have all been intended as sarcastic so far (including the above) and I hope you haven't taken any of them seriously. Had I known the dung storm that was brewing I wouldn't have bothered. Seriously I sympathise with you and hope you'll be back in the VD chair proper soon.

I hope McMasterdonia will regain his endo count and will stay as Vice Delegate and this case will be over.
I have a serious headache..

I am sorry if i offended any one here or in RMB had a very lousy day in office and home.
still believe if you get your WA nation deleted you should automatically be removed from office .

Many years ago, I had one of my oldest nations hacked and 'stolen' and it took forever to get the mods to do anything about it. Someone pulled an interesting trick involving hiding a nasty in the jpeg image of their nation's flag and anyone who viewed the nation's flag opened themselves up to a nasty hacking. It was quite ingenious how they did it. I the idiot who pulled it off must have hijacked dozens of nations.

Pasargad:
still believe if you get your WA nation deleted you should automatically be removed from office .
Why? Personally, I think we can all relate to having brothers and sisters here. Looks like it was a mistake - plus it looks like the mods have overturned their decision.

Well, not quite BW. McMasterdonia has lost his RA membership, and the speaker should remove him from the rolls (he can of course re-apply), but it doesn't (bizzarely) remove him from office. A current oversight in the law which will shortly be corrected.

Much like how you lost RA membership, due to the activity requirements, but it didn't remove you as Delegate. Same as some Justices too IIRC.

Maybe so, but I'm fairly sure you need a nation to be Vice-Delegate and the argument could be made McMaster should have been removed the instant his nation CTEd or that, regardless if McMaster the player didn't violate NS laws, McMaster the nation certainly did and was Mod Bombed and I'm pretty sure there is some law I don't feel like looking up that addresses NS rule violators.

I can only find that the Delegate is allowed to summarily ban nations that violate the rules, nothing about automatic removal from office.

The game mods never acknowledge a mistake and never correct mistakes even if they admit an error. Well, they did once, but that took a lot of cajoling and finesse. ;D

At any rate. The deletion was not McM's fault by any means or in any way, shape or form, and I find it disconcerting that anyone would harp on this for the sake of political gain or for the sake of disrupting sh*t for the fun of it.

And this is why the spirit of the law should override the letter of the law.

But it is a legitimate concern.

Despite the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the situation, I can understand the perspective of the mods. After all, someone who becomes frustrated or otherwise decides to spam an RMB or hack a nation could easily make that excuse.

Although we can easily agree that McMaster probably did not violate any NationStates rules himself, the fact that his nation, which should have the second most endorsements in the region, can apparently at any time fall prey to his brother's pettiness still means that there is a significant security threat in the allowance of his continued role as Vice-Delegate. That is what concerns me the most.

And please, I am not trying to make a ruckus, I'm just stating my concerns. They are nothing personal.

Back