Awards Night!!!

bannerud5.jpg

*President Etak walks to the stage. The crowd quiets down and he begins to speak.

Welcome to The Fourth Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony! We are glad you were all able to make it to the Presidential Palace here in Ator City, Ator People. The ceremony will begin shortly, in the meantime please enjoy the exquisite meal prepared by the royal chefs.

175px-Ator_Flag_waving.gif

*King Jordan I enters the ballroom and immediately everyone stands up as the military band begins to play. He ascends the stage and takes the microphone.

I want to sincerely thank everyone for joining us today.

First let me share with some information about this humble country which you have traveled to. Ator People is a small nation located both politically and geographically in the region of The North Pacific. The nation is a Grand Republican Sovereignty governed by a elected monarch, a one hundred member elected Parliament, a Parliament elected president. Ator People is known for its exported crops, interesting history, and rich culture. Currently the country is ruled by President Etak, along with a mostly conservative Parliament, and myself, King Jordan I. For more information, visit our website.

I would like to thank everyone who was responsible for making this night a reality. Tresville, our former delegate, appointed Ator People as Minister of the Interior of The North Pacific, and supported us in our decision to organize this event. Also thank you to our other judges Falconkats, Grosseschnauzer, and Gracius Maximus (forgive me if I forgot someone!).

Very shortly we will begin announcing the winners of the awards in the following categories:

Favorite Newcomer
Favorite TNP Member
Favorite IRC Member
Favorite Delegate
Most Intelligent Poster
Best New Idea
Best RMB Spam Fighter
Funniest Poster

Grosseschnauzer's Chancellor quietly slips in the hall and takes a seat in the back glad to be a private citizen at one of these events, for a change.

award1pq2.jpg

The first category is "Favorite Newcomer" and we had two nominees for this award.

A region cannot survive unless it constantly finds new members. The North Pacific was especially lucky to have many newcomers this year, but two stood out enough to be nominated. They were: Forensatha and Chowda Head.

But unfortunately there can only be one winner...

*Drum roll

The winner of Favorite Newcomer is... Chowda Head

Joining the forum on September 15th of 2008, Chowda Head has 116 cumulative posts (nearly one a day!). Thanks for being a part of our region, and congratulations!

The next award is Favorite IRC Member!

You thought it would be Favorite TNP Member, didn't you? Nope, I'm not going in order, because I'm saving that one for last (I have to keep people's attention somehow, right?)!

Internet Relay Chat has always been a popular mode of communication for TNP members, and this one particular member is the judge's favorite on IRC.

The winner is....

The next category is Favorite Delegate.

As you know, delegate is kind of the most important position you can hold in the region.

It was a close race among four nominees, but the winner is...

The next award was also close, and was particularly poignant this year as we tried to clear the spam from our regional message board.

There were two nominees for Best RMB Spam Fighter...

Chowda head
Whereisthatistan

But again, there can only be one winner. Lets see who it is. Envelope please...

The winner of Best RMB Spam Fighter is... Chowda head

Second award of the night for you! Congratulations and continue to fight that spam!

(for the record, our RMB is currently SPAM FREE as I post this!)

30079585it9.jpg

Our next category is a big one...Most Intelligent Poster.

The nominees were:

Ivan/GM
Kandarin
Tresville

Though it is quite an honor to win this one, all of our nominees have very intelligent posts!

libribooks2eb7.jpg

The next category was Best New Idea, and there was only one nomination.

The winner for Best New Idea is... The News Box

We, Ator People, are honored to be accept the award! Thanks!

The next category is Funniest Poster! What would this forum be if not for a laugh every once an awhile?

This was a close race among the three nominees, who are all very funny:

Sydia
DD
Khark

NOW FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

The next and final award I will present is for the Favorite TNP Member.

Quite an award to win!

We have several nominees, all of whom are well loved here in The North Pacific.

GBM
Blackshear
Indiegirl
Rocketman
Sydia
Elu
Flem

The winner of Favorite TNP Member is... Flem!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:winner:

----------------
So to recap, the official winners of The Fourth Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony were:

Favorite Newcomer: Chowda Head
Favorite IRC Member: Dali
Most Intelligent Poster: Tresville
Best New Idea: The News Box (Ator People)
Best RMB Spam Fighter: Chowda Head
Funniest Poster: Sydia
Favorite TNP Member: Flem

Feel free to enjoy the night here at the Palace. There will be music and dancing, and I will leave this thread open so you can congratulate the winners!

And the winner for Funniest Poster is... Sydia

Congratulations, and keep us laughing!!! :lol:
I am very honoured to achieve this prestigious award, the funniest poster of The North Pacific.

So, an Englishman, Irishman and a Scotchman post on the RMB...

Thanks for all of your support everybody. It's hard moving into a region and not knowing what's going on, but you guys sure helped out.

And what the hell. Drinks on my tab!

Back