/me slaps Poe with a trout

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Monte Ozarka posted this on the West Pacific board (S8), and I thought it relevant here also.

'Fish face' nurse gets the sack

A NURSE who slapped a colleague's face with a frozen trout before moving the fish's lips and saying: "give us a kiss" has been struck off.
Britain's Nursing and Midwifery Council ruled at a disciplinary hearing that Patricia Jennings, 55, who also poked a woman's breasts to see if she was pregnant should be banned from practising to protect the public.

In a bad week for the reputation of the nursing profession, Christine Mitchelson, 52, of Newcastle was struck off after the tribunal heard she put a patient's glass eye in a glass of Coca Cola and served it to her ward sister.

Advertisement:
Ms Mitchelson faced 12 counts of professional misconduct, including drawing a smiley face on a patient's hernia.

For the full story see HERE

Part of me wondered were the fish came from. Did she bring it in to work especially (surely a case of premeditated trouting), or do hospitals keep a supply of frozen fish on hand?

Although I'm not sure that drawing a smilie face on a hernia is really misconduct. Just lightening the mood surely.

Unless she used a tatoo gun. :unsure:

Or a laser, a really big one. :huh:

Part of me wondered were the fish came from. Did she bring it in to work especially (surely a case of premeditated trouting), or do hospitals keep a supply of frozen fish on hand?

I agree. There is something fishy about this whole story.

Back