he/him
TNP Nation
Comfed
Discord
comfed
moha_seal.png

Home Affairs Opening Address - May to September 2023

Hi waves

This term will be a transitional one for the Ministry of Home Affairs. The new Frontier update presents an opportunity to revitalize the department and address the challenges it faces as we move into the future.

Obviously, the first priority for this term is the start of recruitment. We are finalizing the logistics with Europeia to be able to use their newly-developed recruitment tool. Once the tool is set up, we will begin manual recruitment immediately. To encourage manual recruitment we will introduce incentives programs, such as competitive games, among staffers based on the amount of recruitment telegrams sent. These programs may include trading cards rewards.

However, as any UCR can tell you, recruitment is barely half the battle. Integration is just as important for any region, but especially a feeder like TNP, and we will not lose sight of this. As Gorundu mentioned in his platform for election, the ministry will review the current set of template telegrams ("lists" or "rows") to update their contents and add greater focus on the specific ministries. We also will change the system for sending telegrams to no longer be so specific on attributes of the recipients themselves (ex. issue answering, WA voting, RMB posting, etc.). More immediately, we will be ending the claim limit for list telegrams; it has long since served its purpose.

Another keystone of our integration strategy are the forum mentors. We will aim to reach people much faster than the program currently does. Currently, new batches of forum accounts to PM are released every week. We will aim to accelerate this rate considerably, because one of our primary goals will be to reach new accounts as early as we reasonably can. This is an effort that has a lot of potential but has seen a bit of a lack of direction in terms of its specific purpose, so this is a discussion we will be having over the term.

Finally, we will be directing our eyes towards The North Pacific Handbook. The Ministry will review this document over the course of the term to ensure that it is up-to-date and as effective as possible a resource for newcomers.

If you wish to become involved in this pivotal time for the Ministry, the best way to do so is to join the Ministry of Home Affairs. This is a very exciting time to be in the ministry because it will shape our recruitment and integration policy going into the future.

If anyone is interested in helping with any of the projects I have outlined, please reach out to me–I will also be reaching out to some of you. I hope to announce deputy ministers soon.

Existing staff should also fill out this roll call. Non-staff can also fill out this roll call and I will add you as staff. Let's make this a great term!

Comfed
Comfed-Atlas-Signature-Generator-2.png

Minister of Home Affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back