he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
f29GpKm.png

Statement from the Acting Delegate

Dear North Pacificans,

It is no secret that I have assumed the duties of the Delegate in rather difficult circumstances. The last time that a Delegate left office in the middle of a term - also by way of resignation - was in 2015, which in this region and in this game feels like about two generations ago. But unlike what transpired 8 years ago, I am now charged with the duties of the Delegate not for a short caretaker period until a special election concludes, but for a full month - a month that will be instrumental in shaping the future direction of our foreign policy. I know that many of you have been left shocked by the events that transpired in the last 36 hours, and I have seen your reactions from across the region, whether it is surprise, anger, confusion, disappointment, or something else. I have seen a swathe of opinions being expressed in both public and in private, and I know that you are troubled by what you have seen so far.

But in times like these it’s more important than ever to reflect on who we are as a region - we are a storied and successful region that has been through many troubled times and come out of them stronger. Our success is rooted in our desire not to engage in the constant ideological battles in gameplay, but to find a path that best serves the interests of our region. Our commitment to the Independent path is unwavering, and though we will always have our detractors, we know that it has served us well through the years. This time will be no different. I am committed to finding a resolution to the current situation that is not only in our best interest, but also sets us on the best path going forward and, most importantly, is true to who TNP wants to be in these new uncertain times. I am confident that we can achieve it.

To that end, there are some appointments I have to make that will be instrumental to the journey we have ahead of us. @St George will serve as Minister of Foreign Affairs, while @Pallaith will become an Advisor to the Delegate. Both of them should need no introduction, being the two most recent Delegates prior to this term, and they have both been intimately involved in crafting our foreign policy over the last two years. I am grateful to both them for taking on these difficult jobs, and I know that their wisdom and expertise will be invaluable as we navigate this situation.

Finally, I am aware that members of the Regional Assembly are planning to make formal inquiries into the events that have led up to this, and I am more than happy to cooperate and answer any questions.

Faithfully yours,
lSD9dPx.png

Acting Delegate Gorundu

Good luck with the work over the coming month Gorundu, I am sure you will do great, and some great, experienced foreign affairs voices to help guide you.

Will you ensure the security and continuing stability?

Jokes aside, good luck.

Last edited:
But in times like these it’s more important than ever to reflect on who we are as a region - we are a storied and successful region that has been through many troubled times and come out of them stronger. Our success is rooted in our desire not to engage in the constant ideological battles in gameplay, but to find a path that best serves the interests of our region. Our commitment to the Independent path is unwavering, and though we will always have our detractors, we know that it has served us well through the years. This time will be no different. I am committed to finding a resolution to the current situation that is not only in our best interest, but also sets us on the best path going forward and, most importantly, is true to who TNP wants to be in these new uncertain times. I am confident that we can achieve it.
Hear, hear.

Last edited:
I wish you all the best Gorundu. I appreciate that not many Acting Delegates have inherited such complicated and trying circumstances, but your appointments give me a wealth of optimism in our response not just as a region, but as a community.

It is a difficult task that lays ahead, but I have no doubt that you will do your ultimate best to try and solve the situation and act as a strong leader during this month. To go with experience in these circumstances feels like the complete right move. I wish you the best of luck and I have full confidence in you.

I can only agree to the previous posts.

You were a great VD and surely will be a great Delegate.

Back