Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
terra_dei_cittadini
Discord
Cylke#5219
I've been wondering, do we (as a region) keep a record of former government officials (ex., Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker, Ministers, etc.)? If so, what details are archived (i.e., legacies, party affiliation(s), actions during tenure, miscellaneous, etc.)?

In the instance a registry/archive/database/etc. exists, a hyperlink/directory to such resources would be greatly appreciated.

As for the past Delegates part, there is a dispatch made by Hulldom, linked here. I hope it helps.

As for the past Delegates part, there is a dispatch made by Hulldom, linked here. I hope it helps.
Thanks, that helps.

However, I was seeking resources that really go in-depth on this; like, we need a database detailing each former officials' legacies, parties, etc.
A complete history, analysis, and the whole sack of things.

Moreover, I'm interested in obtaining knowledge about former officials such as Pixiedust.

Thanks, that helps.

However, I was seeking resources that really go in-depth on this; like, we need a database detailing each former officials' legacies, parties, etc.
A complete history, analysis, and the whole sack of things.

Moreover, I'm interested in obtaining knowledge about former officials such as Pixiedust.
I don't believe that exists, unfortunately. You can always ask people questions; there are certainly plenty of folks who would be willing to tell you about Pixiedance.

I've long thought about doing something like that, OP, but other commitments (NS and RL got in the way). Perhaps that's a retirement project. :p

I remember a while back thinking about a project such as that. Ultimately it turns out scraping the forums for information on every government position is a rather mind-numbing activity.

I remember a while back thinking about a project such as that. Ultimately it turns out scraping the forums for information on every government position is a rather mind-numbing activity.
Yeah. It's not what you said that's the issue; how was the culture office even created? It does not appear in the Legal Code, so maybe it was formulated by other means?
Could some legislative historians come be of assistance?

Yeah. It's not what you said that's the issue; how was the culture office even created? It does not appear in the Legal Code, so maybe it was formulated by other means?
Could some legislative historians come be of assistance?

Const. 3.9: The Delegate may appoint executive officers to assist them and may dismiss these officers freely. Executive officers may be regulated by law.

That's it. That's all that's needed to create a Minister of Culture. Now, there must be someone in charge of foreign affairs, must be someone in charge of the military, and must be someone in charge of "matters of internal interest". But, these are minimum requirements. If the Delegate wants to create more, they can. If Hulldom wants a Minister of Silly Walks, Hulldom can create a Minister of Silly Walks. Hulldom can also decide "I don't want a Minister of Culture." Done. No Minister of Culture, as long as the "matters of internal interest" requirement is met otherwise.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am a historian at heart.

Const. 3.9: The Delegate may appoint executive officers to assist them and may dismiss these officers freely. Executive officers may be regulated by law.

That's it. That's all that's needed to create a Minister of Culture. Now, there must be someone in charge of foreign affairs, must be someone in charge of the military, and must be someone in charge of "matters of internal interest". But, these are minimum requirements. If the Delegate wants to create more, they can. If Hulldom wants a Minister of Silly Walks, Hulldom can create a Minister of Silly Walks. Hulldom can also decide "I don't want a Minister of Culture." Done. No Minister of Culture, as long as the "matters of internal interest" requirement is met otherwise.
Minister of Silly Walks?
I can't see why we don't have one.

I have a service list of elected officials and ministers that goes back to the start of our current constitution. I have a spreadsheet covering all recorded elections I could find. And I recently put together a list of all legislation signed/vetoed by delegates, but that only exists in a little booklet I have, not something saved here. But that’s about it.

You’re looking for something much more complex (that also sounds super cool) but doesn’t exist unfortunately. And I would also note, we don’t really have parties here. We have them but nothing serious like what you’re probably thinking of.

I have a service list of elected officials and ministers that goes back to the start of our current constitution. I have a spreadsheet covering all recorded elections I could find. And I recently put together a list of all legislation signed/vetoed by delegates, but that only exists in a little booklet I have, not something saved here. But that’s about it.

You’re looking for something much more complex (that also sounds super cool) but doesn’t exist unfortunately. And I would also note, we don’t really have parties here. We have them but nothing serious like what you’re probably thinking of.
Can you find that? We're getting to a head start on collecting data now!

If we're gonna establish this historical office, we need all the data we can get!

Alight, my database collectors! Here's the gameplan for our regional historical office:
  • Gather data on former officials, parties, legacies, tenures, etc.
  • Compile aforementioned data into a comprehensive database.
  • @Hulldom (or the Delegate in general) will instate a new office for the North Pacific's Historical & Archivist Office (name still pending; submit ideas if any come to mind).
    • While we could legislate an office, establishment via proclamation may streamline the process; afterwards, we [the team] can pour our efforts into codifying the office into the government's Legal Code or such.
      • This position will be elected, with candidates, the Electoral Commission, et al.
      • Furthermore, this position will have opportunities for Executive Staff to apply and assist in operations, similarly to Cultural Affairs, Domestic Affairs, etc.
  • The database will have an exclusive page on our forum website, with the database and extra details (updates, instructions on operation, etc.) displayed on said page.
    • The elected position's incumbent will also be archived, with the incumbent depicted on the "Government" section of our forum site.
If anyone has ideas for the plan, do not be shy to speak up and state your case!

I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Rather than demand the Delegate establish another ministry for this, just build your own crack team of historians to compile the data and then present it to the region when you're done. Then we can decide what we want to do with it.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Rather than demand the Delegate establish another ministry for this, just build your own crack team of historians to compile the data and then present it to the region when you're done. Then we can decide what we want to do with it.
That's a good idea; thanks for your input.

However, how would one recruit members for the team of historians? I guess a Google Form or something like that, and I'd get the word out via adverts and threads.

Back