Icarus

Resident
-
-
Pronouns
She/they
A British Goodbye

Helluuu Friends!

I come here to tell you the tale of how we did a fantastic job while sieging and ultimately liberating England. No, like seriously, it’s kinda insane. A total of 17(!!!!!!) of our updaters joined in the liberation efforts, several of which joined through a region-wide telegram I sent, mobilising our on-site community. Over the span of our attempts, we participated in a total of 13 updates in a row, a massive, energy and time-consuming effort by the NPA. Several of those had an impressive showing of 12-13 NPA soldiers attending at the same time. I am incredibly proud of everyone who participated, the sheer amount of commitment and dedication that all of them presented is outstanding and something we should all aspire to. A couple of soldiers deserve extra credit though, I just want to give a huge shoutout to my deputy minister @Comfed who has been nothing short of amazing since starting in his position, as well as @Rom and @El Fiji Grande, who supported me and others, rallied the troops and kept morale high.

Now for something a little more serious. Considering the state the NPA was in just 2 months ago, it seems almost impossible that we could’ve gotten as far as we did in that short period of time. I can’t even begin to explain how much being in this position has meant to me. The incredible support of the team surrounding me is unlike anything I have ever experienced before, and the enthusiasm that my soldiers brought to every operation they attended showed me how good NS can be, how good it should be. It also showed me that I can’t be the person in charge of the NPA right now. My real life has been exponentially taking up all of my time and I know that it will only get worse in the coming months, probably even years. With the way my life is right now, I can’t put the necessary time into the NPA that is needed to keep this momentum going, at least not without risking my own well-being in the process. The NPA deserves someone who can give it their all and I can't guarantee that anymore. I know I haven’t been here long and I am truly sorry that I have to leave so quickly again. I hope what I helped accomplish in my time here will have a lasting effect and I hope that you all can forgive me for not being able to see this through to the end. I just want to say thank you again to everyone who has made this term so wonderful. The respect and admiration I have for you all are hard to put into words.

Much love,
Icarus <3

Participating Soldiers:

Minister of Defense Icarus
Deputy Minister of Defense Comfed
General Rom
Colonel Koopa
Major Lord Dominator
Captain Knightblood
Captain Nukey
Lieutenant Kasch
Lieutenant Yuno
Corporal Canine
Corporal El Fiji Grande
Private First Class Bibble the Puffball
Private First Class NutmegTheSquirrel
Private TheGojiraExpert
QuietDad

Civilians:

C. Vickers
Luke Helryn Moon
Shreelu

Last edited:
Thanks for doing so much for the NPA. I've been pleasantly surprised with our updating and liberation strength, and you have had a lot to do with that, hosting training ops with foreign partners, securing Stargate through several raids, upholding our common values in Cities of the World, and seeing the liberation of England through to completion. It's been a busy term, and you have every right to feel proud of the work you have done to give the NPA a fresh lease on life. There's no shame in stepping aside as life gets tough. IRL always comes first. Indeed, it shows how responsible you are. It was a pleasure getting to know you and I hope you'll consider sticking around in TNP just for fun, even if you're not MoD. Best of luck in all things going forward.

So long and thanks for all the fish,
Fiji

Back