-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
MDnzRfB.png

The CEFA World Cup was first held in 1931 as by CEFA as a means to promote football, fraternal friendly competition, and world peace. It was determined that the tournament would be held every two years. Three iterations of the tournament were played, 1931, 1933, 1935, before the outbreak of the Fascist Wars caused the tournament and CEFA to go on hiatus.

CEFA- and the World Cup- was resurrected after the end of the Fascist Wars in 1951 as a means to once again promote peace and brotherhood between the nations of the world as they recovered from the destructive conflict of 1937-1951. In a bit of cosmic fate the ranking Allied power during the FW, Goyanes, defeated the ranking Dominion power of Andrenne during the 1953 tournament.

The CEFA World has been held every other year since, becoming the single-most watched sporting event the world over.

CEFA World Cup Statistics
Most Wins
Naizerre (4)
Naizerre and Alemriche are perhaps the most fierce rivals in international football and the two nations each claim to have invented the modern sport. While CEFA was founded in Alemriche it's Naizerre who can claim the most World Cup victories. They won the World Cup in 1965, 1971, 1991, and 2015.

Most Lopsided Victory Predice 7-1 Saintonge, 2005 Finals/ Saintonge 7-1 Predice, 2011 Semifinals.
Saintonge and Predice are both football powerhouses, with the sport ranking as the most popular in both by a wide margin. They're also closely intertwined historically, with each referring to the relationship between the two as "the Speical Relationship." Each also have two World Cups a piece.
Predice netted their second first though, by defeating Saintonge 7-1 in the Finals of the 2005 World Cup in Vivanco.
Saintonge got their revenge though, six years later. Saintonge defeated Predice 7-1 in the Semfinals of the 2011 World Cup in Avancene, en route to their victory over Syrixia in the Finals.
The duelling 7-1 victories are the largest margin of victory in any World Cup game ever.

Last edited:
Mod Note: Process for Claiming a Winner, Second Place, or Host slot
Requesting a Win or Runner's Up slot- you need to post a quick worldbuilding blurb with the request. What happened that year? Why is it significant? You don't have to go into detail, but a paragraph would be appreciated.
Requesting a Host slot- This will be on a first come-first serve basis, BUT with some caveats.
1) No nation can host two tournaments in a row
2) I will be checking to make sure people aren't just loading up claims. Up to three Host claims is fine, but after that I'm going to start asking you to justify it.
3) Less a rule and more a request- don't feel compelled to have your nation host a tournament where they won or came in second. This does happen occasionally, but it's far from a given. So if you're considering requesting a year (or years) to host I'd ask that you consider years where your nation didn't win or come in second.

Please make all the request re: the above in this thread and not on Discord or in Forum PMs. Thank you!

MDnzRfB.png

World Cup History

1931:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Dhahara
Second Place
Predice

1933:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Predice
Second Place
Dhahara

1935:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1937-1951:
CANCELLED DUE TO FASCIST WARS

1953:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Goyanes
Second Place
Andrenne

1955:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1957:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
Demescia

1959:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Tardine
Second Place
Dhahara

1961:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Ulstome
Second Place
Avancene

1963:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Vivanco
Second Place
Arcanstotska

1965:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Naizerre
Second Place
Prydania

1967:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Lanceria
Second Place
XXXXX

1969:
Host
Goyanes
Winner
Prydania
Second Place
Vivanco

1971:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Naizerre
Second Place
Andrenne

1973:
xMmPf90.png

Host
Prydania
Winner
Arcanstotska
Second Place
Marinella

1975:
zJXv5r6.png

Host
Mintoria
Winner
Syrixia
Second Place
Mintoria

1977:
Host
Esþursia
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1979:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Alemriche
Second Place
Naizerre

1981:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1983:
Host
Skanda
Winner
Skanda
Second Place
Syrixia

1985:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1987:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Andrenne
Second Place
Alemriche

1989:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1991:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Naizerre
Second Place
Goyanes

1993:
Host
Sorovia
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

1995:
Host
Goyanes
Winner
Mintoria
Second Place
Syrixia

1997:
Host
Tardine
Winner
Esþursia
Second Place
Tardine

1999:
Host
Esþursia
Winner
Vallia
Second Place
Maloria

2001:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Skanda
Second Place
Avancene

2003:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Alemriche
Second Place
Marinella

2005:
Host
Vivanco
Winner
Predice
Second Place
Saintonge

2007:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Lanceria
Second Place
Naizerre

2009:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Demescia
Second Place
Lanceria

2011:
Host
Avancene
Winner
Saintonge
Second Place
Syrixia

2013:
Host
Mintoria
Winner
Goyanes
Second Place
Astragon

2015:
Host
XXXXX
Winner
Naizerre
Second Place
Lanceria

2017:
Host
Alemriche
Winner
Alemriche
Second Place
Prydania

2019:
hHNj56h.png

Host
Goyanes
Winner
Goyanes
Second Place
Andrenne

2021:
jIGXvJx.png

Host
Saintonge
Winner
Saintonge
Second Place
Skanda

2023:
0tvweLn.png

Host
Ulstome
Winner
XXXXX
Second Place
XXXXX

Last edited:
@Aestii per the recently archived thread has requested...

Hi there, could I have Marinella's National Football Team make it to the 1973 finals and lose to Arcanstotska and the 2003 finals losing to Alemriche.

Could I request Esthursia as host for 1977 and 1999? (1999 significant particularly as the "winner of the previous cup holds it... and loses" occasion for Esthursia)

And could Avancene make it to the XXXX and XXXX finals, losing both? [I'll come back to this!]

Last edited:
@Alsatian Island and @Aestii
Aestii has requested Marinella to lose the 1973 Finals and the 2003 Finals.
Alsatian Island has requested that Avancene lose the same Finals.
Aestii made his request first, in the old thread. He'll have first dibs on those slots if he is willing to provide a worldbuilding blurb about each. In that event then I am happy to write Avancene in for two other loses provided the worldbuilding blurb is submitted.

Could I request Esthursia as host for 1977 and 1999? (1999 significant particularly as the "winner of the previous cup holds it... and loses" occasion for Esthursia)
The Host requests for '77 and '99 are approved!

Reactions: Nev
I formally and respectfully request that Mintoria be the host for the games in 1975 and 2013.

1975 is quite significant because it was believed by spectators in country that, as the host, Mintoria would win the tournament in that particular year. The loss in the final to Syrixia would be considered such a humiliating loss for Mintoria, so much so that it became a devastating hit to the morale of players and fans alike. It wouldn't be until 20 years later, in 1995, that Mintoria would regain some of the confidence in football that was lost in that pivotal year.

2013 is also significant for it would be the first time Mintoria hosted the World Cup since their loss in 1975.

Last edited:
Hey! I'd like to request for Goyanes to host the 1969 and 1995 editions of the World Cup.

Thanks!
~Goy

I'd like to request (all for Avancene!)
- hosting the 2011 Cup. Avancene in this period would be quite proud of its own decade of development since its civil war, and although not a high-ranking team itself, it'd see this as its moment to show the world who it was and attract long-term tourism & investment, as well as its fledgling unified team.
- coming second in the 1961 and 2001 Cups. The first is very much (the democratic side of) Avancene's moment of shining glory, suddenly reaching the final with a team that's only several years old and only comprises of southern wartorn farthings - the second by contrast blunted and humbled Avancenic people somewhat after the Civil War ending (end of 1996) had also mellowed, so created a decisive point where people began to feel slightly less optimistic about their future (cue the several years of soul-searching in Avancene!)

I formally and respectfully request that Mintoria be the host for the games in 1975 and 2013.

Hey! I'd like to request for Goyanes to host the 1969 and 1995 editions of the World Cup.

Thanks!
~Goy

I'd like to request 1993 Host for Sorovia

I'd like to request (all for Avancene!)
- hosting the 2011 Cup.
All of these hosts have been approved.

- coming second in the 1961 and 2001 Cups. The first is very much (the democratic side of) Avancene's moment of shining glory, suddenly reaching the final with a team that's only several years old and only comprises of southern wartorn farthings - the second by contrast blunted and humbled Avancenic people somewhat after the Civil War ending (end of 1996) had also mellowed, so created a decisive point where people began to feel slightly less optimistic about their future (cue the several years of soul-searching in Avancene!)
Approved.

Putting in a log for Prydania hosting in 1973. Prydania was in the midst of a "golden age" economically speaking and had come off a relatively recent WC win in 1969.

Marinella football culture was inherited from its time as a Predicean colony. Several local matches have been held since the 1950s, and the Marinella Premier League consolidated these matches into a league format. However, Marinella never did participate in an international tournament before. The 1973 World Cup was Marinella's first participation in an international football tournament, and the "First Golden Generation", as it is known today, managed to bring Marinella into the finals losing 2-1 to Arcanstotska.

Marinella's first foray into the international scene brought great pride and sorrow to the populace, as subsequent teams could not replicate the same results (often knocked out in their earlier fixtures). The 2003 World Cup, however, changed all this when the "Second Golden Generation" brought Marinella to the finals losing 1-0 to Alemriche. Rejuvenated by the second coming of Marinella Football, Marinella would maintain its high position in the subsequent World Cups.
Approved.

Reactions: Nev
I'd like to request the victory of 1959 for Tardine. The country was living a moment of prosperity, after the civil war (1937-1948) and the Generation of '59 was composed by some of the best players in Tardine's history ever. The government heavily funded the team and their principal motivation was to bring home a trophy that would be the symbol of their victory against fascism. Most of the players were from the "Post-War Generation" with many players whose age was between 25 and 30 years old, meaning their lack of experience was compensated by their velocity and sheer dedication.

I'd like to request the victory of 1959 for Tardine. The country was living a moment of prosperity, after the civil war (1937-1948) and the Generation of '59 was composed by some of the best players in Tardine's history ever. The government heavily funded the team and their principal motivation was to bring home a trophy that would be the symbol of their victory against fascism. Most of the players were from the "Post-War Generation" with many players whose age was between 25 and 30 years old, meaning their lack of experience was compensated by their velocity and sheer dedication.
Approved.

If there's still a fair few gaps, would be happy to claim a 1967 runner-up or championship as Lanceria (pre-unification)

I request Vivanco to be the winner of the 1963 World Cup against Arcanstotska. It was a surprising victory, brought by a relatively new player in the Vivanquian team: Cice Perez, a promising and rising star in a second grade local team who was chosen to be part of the national team, and quickly was appointed as team captain. It was he who, in the 72' shot the goal that gave the Vivanquians the victory, ending the game 1-0. This victory would also play heavily in the next year's elections within Vivanco, as they were promoted as "proof" of the government's actions to promote sports and a good team, even if their influence was only to funding.

And also, a song popped up from the game!

Todo el mundo se acuerda
De cé pasó aquél día
Cice frente portería
Y la Dama dijo "GOL"

"Gol" dijo eya
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dijo eya
Y Cice obedezió
"Gol" dijo eya
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dijo eya
Y el mundo enlocezió

Año sesenta y tres
En el setenta y dos
El onze de pie
Mirando a la afizión

"Gol" dije yo
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dije yo
Y Cice obedezió
"Gol" dije yo
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dije yo
Y el mundo enlocezió

Everyone remembers
What happened that day
Cice in front of goal
And the Lady said "Score"

"Score" she said
"Score score score score"
"Score" she said
And Cice obeyed
"Score" she said
"Score" she said
And the world went crazy

Year sixty three
Minute seventy two
The eleven standing
Looking at the crew

"Score" I said
"Score score score score "
"Score" I said
And Cice obeyed
"Score" I said
"Score" I said
And the world went crazy

Last edited:
I request Vivanco to be the winner of the 1963 World Cup against Arcanstotska. It was a surprising victory, brought by a relatively new player in the Vivanquian team: Cice Perez, a promising and rising star in a second grade local team who was chosen to be part of the national team, and quickly was appointed as team captain. It was he who, in the 72' shot the goal that gave the Vivanquians the victory, ending the game 1-0. This victory would also play heavily in the next year's elections within Vivanco, as they were promoted as "proof" of the government's actions to promote sports and a good team, even if their influence was only to funding.

And also, a song popped up from the game!

Todo el mundo se acuerda
De cé pasó aquél día
Cice frente portería
Y la Dama dijo "GOL"

"Gol" dijo eya
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dijo eya
Y Cice obedezió
"Gol" dijo eya
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dijo eya
Y el mundo enlocezió

Año sesenta y tres
En el setenta y dos
El onze de pie
Mirando a la afizión

"Gol" dije yo
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dije yo
Y Cice obedezió
"Gol" dije yo
"Gol gol gol gol"
"Gol" dije yo
Y el mundo enlocezió

Everyone remembers
What happened that day
Cice in front of goal
And the Lady said "Score"

"Score" she said
"Score" she said
And Cice obeyed
"Score" she said
"Score" she said
And the world went crazy

Year sixty three
Minute seventy two
The eleven standing
Looking at the crew

"Score" I said
"Score" I said
And Cice obeyed
"Score" I said
"Score" I said
And the world went crazy
approved

I would like to request Dhahara be placed as the victor of the first World Cup against Predice in 1931, and then the runner-up against Predice in 1933. This would have established a football "curse" for Dhahara where they have, since then, only appeared in a final once or twice, such as the 1959 World Cup where they lost to Tardine. This is despite Dhahara being a football-crazy country and actually historically performing quite well.

I would also like to request Skanda as the host of the 1983 World Cup against Syrixia.

I would like to request Dhahara be placed as the victor of the first World Cup against Predice in 1931, and then the runner-up against Predice in 1933. This would have established a football "curse" for Dhahara where they have, since then, only appeared in a final once or twice, such as the 1959 World Cup where they lost to Tardine. This is despite Dhahara being a football-crazy country and actually historically performing quite well.

I would also like to request Skanda as the host of the 1983 World Cup against Syrixia.
Approved.

Back