-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Lionsroar
Discord
dulle1846
Hey everyone :)
I decided to make another thread! I would like to take you into the world of my absolute favourite club in football (or soccer for my Americans :)), "SSV Ulm 1846 Fußball" and share my impressions with you!
i7RDpajxZ7Fg.jpg
WhatsApp_Bild_2023-12-15_um_19.43.02_4e5210fd.jpg

Last edited:
Matchday 20:
And I would start right away! SSV Ulm currently occupies first place in the fourth German league, the Regionalliga Südwest. That means if they keep doing what they're doing, SSV will be promoted to the third division!
And the three points needed for this are looking good, too! Because today the SSV plays against Eintracht Trier, the penultimate in the table.
But before the game started, there were already problems! Because it has yesterday and today already snowed so that the game was on the verge, and that would be a pity! Therefore, I and several colleagues followed a call from the club to help clear the playground of snow! And indeed, the SSV can now play. The game starts this Saturday at 2pm CET!

w1200_h675_x750_y562_SChnee_9.jpg-1378117dd6863daa.jpeg
w1200_h675_x750_y562_Schnee_3.jpg-0716cbdcaa826dee.jpeg

The game! SSV Ulm 1847 Football against Eintracht Trier

SSV won 2:0 against Eintracht Trier, yaaaayy!
Despite a freezing temperature and a surprising amount of snow, the team of Thomas Wöhrle managed to win!

The game started with a minute of silence about the attack in Illerkirchberg (part of Ulm)!
Read the news about the attack

And a following choreo of the SSV Ultras (called Nebulosa Imperio).
1670677648_6A204FFE-47C5-429E-BEEE-34CA0D697456.jpeg

Then the game really started!

Now followed really exciting minutes!

First half!
The first minutes of the half were really the most dominant in the whole game. After that followed only isolated attacks and the second goal, but nothing more! At least this time there were a few visiting supporters against whom we could sing!

The top scorer of Ulm, Lukas Röser, managed to score his ninth goal of the season right in the third minute of the game! That was so insanely fast that I didn't even catch the flow of the goal!
w1200_h675_x750_y506_SSV_Fussball_2.jpg-ad312dd855d7594d.jpeg

After that only isolated chances of both teams followed!

Second half!
The second half began as it ended: chances, attacks, counter-attacks, but no goals.
Only the substitute Tobias Rühle could dribble out the opposing goalkeeper and sink the ball.
And a short time later the ball was in the net again, but this time offside!

And then, last but not least, there was a great party in the D-Block! (The location of one ultra group, the Nebulosa Imperio, the other group, called just F4, is obviously located in the block F4).
The SSV Ulm now occupies the first place in the table with a distance (!) of 7 points to the second-placed, TSG Bahlingen!
The biggest competitor of Ulm, TSV Steinback Haiger is only 5th, because their match got rescheduled to 2023, because of the snow!
Trier continues to occupy the penultimate place with 13 points!

The next game is scheduled in mid-January after the winter break, on 05.03 (or fifth of march), a Sunday, against Wormatia Worms!
So I guess, this thread is going to become very general! I am going to just post random information about Ulm ...

See you :)

Last edited:
It's snowing in Germany?

Only ever seen snow once ...
It actually is!
Even another match, in the fourth league, has been rescheduled for 2023!
It's the match of "Steinbach Haiger" against "Bahlinger SC".

I found an online card showing the level of snow in Germany, if you are interested. The numbers are in centimetre!
Map
It's in german, but you just need the numbers!

The winter preparation plan of the SSV!
2022-12-22_Winterfahrplan.jpg

The team in snow.

Content
It is currently winter break. SSV Ulm will therefore not play its first game until 05.03.2023 (Fifth of March). This will be played against Worms. Before that, of course, the SSV will still prepare and has provided a schedule for training. Have fun reading :)

The plan starts with a performance diagnostics and lactate test in the Danube stadium. Their physical and athletic abilities are examined, as well as the health of the players in a lactate test. In this, for example, the heart rate and the situation of the metabolism are examined.
Over the Christmas holidays and the New Year, the players have time off, but complete an individual fitness program.

11 days later, the first preparatory match begins. On Friday, February 3, 2023, the Sparrows will play against the FC Augsburg II. The second team of the Bundesliga club FC Augsburg. These play in the Regionalliga Bayern and are ninth place. It will be an interesting game.
The other opponents are from Verbandsliga, Oberliga or Regionalliga, but not from stronger leagues.
However, these are not home games. However, the next closest match is against the Verbandsliga team SSV Ehingen-Süd.

In a table:
TAG (Day)DATUM (Date)UHRZEIT (Time)What?ORT (Location)
Wednesday18.01.2023LeistungsdiagnostikDonaustadion
Thursday19.01.2023LaktattestDonaustadion
Friday03.02.202314.00 Uhr (2pm)FC Augsburg II – SSVAugsburg
Tuesday07.02.202317.00 UhrSpVgg. Greuther Fürth II – SSVAalen-Waldhausen
Saturday11.02.202314.00 Uhr1. Göppinger SV – SSVGöppingen
Saturday18.02.202314.00 UhrSSV – Bahlinger SCStuttgart
Saturday25.02.202314.00 UhrSV Heimstetten – SSVHeimstetten
Sunday26.02.202311.00 UhrSSV Ehingen-Süd – SSVEhingen
Saturday05.03.202314.00 UhrWormatia Worms – SSVWorms
And there's the possibility for them to drive into a training camp as well!

Private:
Since there are no home games, the question is how and if I can watch the games in person. If not, the results will still be posted in this thread :)

Sources:
SWP and SSV Ulm Newspage

Last edited:
Playernews: Vinko Sabina
w1200_h675_x526_y120_sapina.jpg-5b5b4589236015d9.jpeg

Vinko Sabino
Former SSV Ulm player Vinko Sabino has left the SSV Ulm 1846 for the third league in the summer of 2021. He now plays for SC Verl and has extended his contract there until 2025.
Opinion: To be honest, this is rather unnecessary news. Although he is described as an icon at SC Verl, he didn't exactly play outstandingly at SSV. And ironically, his former club is now coming to the Third League as well :D (hopefully!).

Information
More Information about him on Wikipedia!
Or on the Transfer market (in German, but the information is very easy to understand :D)

Comment of Sebastian Lange
(The sporting director of Verl in a press release)
"Vinko has become one of the faces of our team since joining us. He has made an impressive development here, is a cornerstone of our defense and at the same time a driver for the offense."
Vinko has 45 third league games with 3 goals and 5 assists for the club, which is second in the table. He plays 76% of the minutes and has a starting rate of 82%. He plays mainly as a defensive midfielder!
Vinkos Statement
"Sportclub has shown me maximum appreciation and great trust. I feel comfortable, we play attractive and offensive soccer and the club is constantly developing. I want to help with that."

Future
After the early break due to the World Cup in Qatar, the 3rd division continues on the second weekend in January. SC Verl is then in demand at SC Freiburg II on January 14, 2023. The table is headed by SV Elversberg, where another ex-Ulmer plays: Jannik Rochelt is one of the absolute top performers for the promoted team. He turned his back on the Spatzen (Sparrows :D) in the summer of 2022 and moved to Saarland.

The Future Perspective of Johannes Reichert
SSV Ulm 1846 captain Johannes Reichert has been retained by the club until at least 2024. The fact that the contract could expire shortly, is taken negatively. Jo (Johannes' nickname) has been playing for SSV for a long time and has an extremely high value for the club and for the fans! Despite losing a great defender, it would be negative for the club's future ...

OOC: Yeah, that's a short one. I want to update the Journal more regularly, which is easier achievable with smaller posts :D

Last edited:
Training Camp News!
The day starts with news: Two test matches are to be played in the training camp in Turkey. The first opponent has now been determined. It is the Romanian second division team and third in the table Otelul Galati. The match day is February 9. A second test match opponent is still being sought. Four days before departure to Turkey, the Spatzen will play the Bavarian regional league team FC Augsburg II on February 3.

Team Call after the match. They sadly lost 1-2.

But I don't worry, it's only the beginning. They didn't train before, so I'm sure it'll be better football when the Regionalliga Südwest, the fourth german league in the south west starts again. I want them to get promoted into the third league!
w1200_h675_x644_y348_Ulm3.jpg-e00a20ebe3f0c8ee.jpeg

Matchday 20:
And I would start right away! SSV Ulm currently occupies first place in the fourth German league, the Regionalliga Südwest. That means if they keep doing what they're doing, SSV will be promoted to the third division!
And the three points needed for this are looking good, too! Because today the SSV plays against Eintracht Trier, the penultimate in the table.
But before the game started, there were already problems! Because it has yesterday and today already snowed so that the game was on the verge, and that would be a pity! Therefore, I and several colleagues followed a call from the club to help clear the playground of snow! And indeed, the SSV can now play. The game starts this Saturday at 2pm CET!

w1200_h675_x750_y562_SChnee_9.jpg-1378117dd6863daa.jpeg
w1200_h675_x750_y562_Schnee_3.jpg-0716cbdcaa826dee.jpeg
Very cool stuff my man!

Return of a coach - Holger Bachthaler as the new coach of FC Illertissen
FV Illertissen has a new athletics coach, Niklas Kabalyk, who is expected to get the regional league club fit for staying in the league. Training and the squad have changed as there is a shake-up orchestrated by Holger Bachthaler, the new head coach. Bachthaler used to be a player himself at FVI, his father is sports director and he has already shaped an era as a coach. After his stint with SSV Ulm 1846 Fußball, Bachthaler actually wanted to work in professional soccer, but he couldn't find a commitment. Instead, he returned to his old life and now works for the city of Senden. A happy coincidence led to him now being back at the FVI, where he has signed a long-term contract as head coach.
Relegation
Holger Bachthaler, the coach of FC Illertissen, says that the topic of relegation will accompany the team this season. Since Bachthaler took over the team, things have been looking up again, and they have gained confidence in preparation with two surprising victories against Austrian first division teams. However, these results of these test matches should not be overrated. Illertissen starts the Regionalliga second half of the season in relegation position 15 and Bachthaler believes that the fight to stay in the league will be a long and difficult road.
Transfers
To ensure the team's survival, the FV Illertissen signed three new players during the winter break: Felix Thiel, Kevin Frisorger, and Marco Mannhardt. The team's coach, Holger Bachthaler, believes that they needed to improve their quality and is optimistic about the remaining games. In their upcoming game against 1. FC Schweinfurt, coached by Bachthaler's former colleague Christian Gmünder, Bachthaler expects a tough and even match, while also aiming to win for personal reasons.
w1200_h675_x750_y499_D62_0772.jpg-a30a3e1b21d2be3c.jpeg

Test match against the Bahlinger SC
The test match against Bahlinger SC will be played in three thirds with 2x 40 and 1x 25 minutes. The Bahlinger play all in red, the SSV in the dark blue away jersey.
First third
In the first third, the SSV was clearly the better team. In the eight match minute, Marcel Schmidts managed to score the 1 to 0 after a perfect pass from Joe Reichert, our captain. After that, the pressure from Bahlingen increased until the equalizer came from a throw-in with a goal kick.

Test match against the Bahlinger SC
Second Third

In the second period, the first substitutions were made and new playing styles were tried out. Nicolas Jann, our number 21, was fouled in the penalty area, but the penalty shot by Joe Reichert was held by the opposing goalkeeper. It should have gone in. Then followed a pressure buildup of Ulm on the opponent's goal, which, however, were regularly interrupted by counterattacks of Bahlingen. In such a counterattack succeeded the 2 to 1 against the SSV. The pressure was increased even further until Tobias Rühle was able to poke the ball over the line after an input. The game is again balanced. Shortly before the end of the second period, a game-turner happened. Patrick Dulleck shot from 10 meters into the net.

Back