TNP Nation
Magecastle_Embassy_Building_A5
Discord
red_canine
ga.jpg

Popular Statecraft
Category: Global Disarmament | Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic

Whereas the core principles of national self-determination should be fully and effectively restated in international law, the General Assembly hereby:

1. guarantees to each member the right to determine its preferred mode of government,
  2. forbids members from seeking to change any other member's government or mode thereof without that member's full, informed consent,
  3. demands that members not stir up armed conflicts in other members so they can bypass Article b, and
  4. clarifies that the GA may forbid specific practices associated with a mode of government, unless its primary effect is to prevent member states adhering to that mode from continuing such adherence.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
(Non-WA) For reasons of policy, I oppose this. The General Assembly has the right to prohibit inefficient, tyrannical, and generally poor forms of government. However, I do feel as though this is the sort of legislation that the GA would have, or indeed any international body like the GA. Therefore, I will say that I am present.

Against. I don't think this will pass as per my discord comments.

Edit: changed vote from present.

Last edited:
It’s kind of funny it mentions article b but our forum numbering uses actual numbers. Anyway, the fourth clause sounds like gobbledygook. And I am principally opposed to the aim of this resolution.

Against
I was about to say something similar about the fourth clause, but you said it better than I could have.

Against.

My concerns, as addressed to the author previously, is how Article B forbids foreign military to help to prop up an allied, democratically elected government, who was overthrown in a coup by the country's military, who could possibly be supported by non-member states (since they are not bound by this law). While the author did mention that nothing much has changed from parts in GA#2 addressing this issue, I still felt that it isn't sufficient for me, personally, to support this proposal. It can be considered similar to a nuclear disarmament act - joining the WA and being bound by the WA shouldn't put you at a disadvantage against non-WA nations. So against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back