It
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
ga.jpg

World Assembly Website Act
Category: Furtherment of Democracy | Strength: Mild
Proposed by: The Serendipitous | Onsite Topic

Whereas the World Assembly has never formally established a website,

And whereas the creation of an official World Assembly website would prove beneficial for individuals to stay up-to-date on World Assembly affairs,

Therefore, be it resolved by the World Assembly that the following provisions are enacted:

The World Assembly Website Management Committee (WAWMC) shall be established.

The WAWMC shall create and publish a website within one calendar year of the passage of this resolution. Upon this initial publication, the website shall follow all parameters for the website as laid out within this resolution for the time of publication. During this time, the WAWMC shall purchase a domain that shall be under the ownership of the WAWMC and the World Assembly, on which the website shall be hosted. If this domain becomes jeopardized for any reason, the WAWMC shall convene to discuss potential options, and agree upon a solution as efficiently as possible, porting the website over to the new domain, if necessary.

The WAWMC shall be responsible for advertising the website to all existing and new World Assembly members, and shall inform any new member of its existence within three business days of their acceptance into the world Assembly.

The WAWMC shall be responsible for updating the website so that it is as up-to-date as it can possibly be, with regards to the standards of this resolution.

In the event that the website crashes, goes down, or otherwise has an outage, the WAWMC shall restore full functionality to the website as quickly as the committee possibly can.

If someone targets the website with a hack, a denial of service attack, or any other unlawful malicious action, the WAWMC shall engage the perpetrator with legal action to get proportionate retribution for the act committed.

The WAWMC shall maintain a backup version of the servers, updating it whenever major, World Assembly-wide news or changes are made or published onto the website.

The WAWMC shall ensure that the Website is compatible with all prominent Internet protocols used within member nations.

The website shall be equipped with the following features:

All passed World Assembly resolutions shall be published promptly after their passage, with vote margin, date passed, resolution number, authoring delegation and resolution title. This shall also have a search feature to make resolutions easily browsable.

Every member-nation shall be granted a page that they can freely edit, to publicly post any information as it pertains to their nation, their delegation, their relationship to the World Assembly, legislative agenda, voting policy, or anything else that they deem fit. These pages shall not be used to encourage noncompliance with any World Assembly resolution, but they may be used to express disappointment with a resolution's passage or failure, or to express disagreement with an action of the World Assembly.

All committees of the World Assembly shall have a webpage to post committee updates, reports, or any other information pertinent to the committee's function and purpose.

For proposed legislation being debated, livestreams of the debates shall be broadcast on the website.

If the WAWMC deems any other features necessary for the maintenance, functionality, or purpose of the World Assembly website, they may institute those features at their discretion.

No member shall censor the World Assembly website from anyone within their nation, and must ensure that access to the World Assembly site is free and open to the public, insofar as internet access can be reasonably established.

All official notices of the World Assembly shall be posted on the World Assembly website.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited by a moderator:
Overview
This proposal proposes to establish a World Assembly website. It specifies some technical details on web hosting, creates a wiki or blog site for all nations and disseminates relevant public documents on the activities of the World Assembly, and finally also provides for livestreams of the debates to be broadcast on the website.

Recommendation
We believe this resolution offers very limited benefits over and above existing resolutions related to the dissemination of information on World Assembly activities, namely GAR#78 (Universal Library Coalition) and GAR#442 (Circulation Of World Assembly Law). In our view, the proposal ends up dwelling on a minor administrative matter that should merit at best the most cursory of reviews by the General Assembly as a whole.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends Against the General Assembly proposal at vote, "World Assembly Website Act".

Last edited by a moderator:
Against. I commented extensively on this resolution on the gameside forums already, including suggesting ads on the site so that it pays for itself and sticking a livestream of the World Assembly Strangers Bar and the Three Walled Bar on the web site so that we can watch the "ambassadors" or hippos or whatever get into brawls, so don't really have anything new to add.

Last edited:
Against (non-WA). As I had mentioned to the author on the NSWA Discord, I don't see why the WA wouldn't already run a website; especially when resolutions such as GA #78 explicitly mandate the creation of online resources, and GA #442 implicitly so.

Last edited:
Against

Good points raised already, and I wouldn't consider paragraphs 8 through 11 acceptable regardless.

I’ll be a lone voice saying that I am in favour this proposal. I acknowledge that it is not the most ground-breaking or impactful proposal, but it does not cause any harm and it is well-written. The fact that something has presumably already happened doesn’t mean that it necessarily has.

I’ll be a lone voice saying that I am in favour this proposal. I acknowledge that it is not the most ground-breaking or impactful proposal, but it does not cause any harm and it is well-written. The fact that something has presumably already happened doesn’t mean that it necessarily has.
I agree with this. And honestly the 'online resources already exist' argument doesn't make sense to me. This proposal will fleshes out the details of such a website which certainly didn't exist in GA#78 or whatever old resolution we're talking about. I don't see any pitfall or flaw with it so I am in favour. (Non WA)

I slightly disagree with the "well-written" part especially the technical bits on DNS. If the WA is powerful in its multi-verse in character, can't it run DNS themselves?

I agree with this. And honestly the 'online resources already exist' argument doesn't make sense to me. This proposal will fleshes out the details of such a website which certainly didn't exist in GA#78 or whatever old resolution we're talking about. I don't see any pitfall or flaw with it so I am in favour. (Non WA)

Ditto both comments above. I don't disagree with either assertion, which is why I wrote on the IFV that the resolution is "dwelling on a minor administrative matter that should merit at best the most cursory of reviews by the General Assembly as a whole". Maybe a single line in a resolution on disclosures on WA administrative matters / transparency etc., not meriting a full resolution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back