-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
TheDevsky failed the admin check here and appealed their rejection here. They have not been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or be using a proxy, have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and have not already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.

Pursuant to 6.1.10-14 of the Legal Code, this qualifies TheDevsky to have this rejection debated by the RA and potentially overturned - at which point they would be granted citizenship contingent on continued WA residency in the region excepting participation in NPA operations.

Please ask any questions you may desire to ask of @TheDevsky in this thread. This is not the official debate thread.

Howdy Devsky! So first things first, what would you want to do with citizenship if you got it?

Welcome to the region, hope you stick around! Sorta gonna help you out with that question above, Devsky. The things available to newer individuals within the region range from voting in our regional assembly to joining up with one of the ministries. The obvious being you don't have to do any of that, its not a requirement for you to pursue citizenship. It's unfortunate that you have not passed the admin check however I will welcome you and support your appeal regardless. Because of people like you who proactively pursue ways to get citizenship even with setbacks are the foundation of a healthy democracy we are trying so hard to maintain. Godspeed to you!

Hi there!

Just some questions to ask:
1) You have been in NationStates for around a month now. What convinced you to come to our forums?
2) What are the aspects of The North Pacific that interest you?
3) Do you have any reasons as to why you may have a business IP, which was the basis for your rejection?

As I understand it, the admin fail was because they have applied using a business IP - in other words, an IP address that is shared with, potentially, many other users.

Back in my active days, this was always rejected because it is impossible to tell if multiple applications from the one IP address are multiple users or the same user multi-ing.

Let me give you an example: someone creates many accounts on a school IP, and applies for citizenship a dozen times, claiming that the are different members of a school class playing NS as part of a politics class / project. If we allow business/school ip addresses, there would be no easy way to weed this out.
this is quite easy to rectify if the applicant simply logs in at home and repeats their application from a domestic IP address. Which is what most people do.

Hi there!

Just some questions to ask:
1) You have been in NationStates for around a month now. What convinced you to come to our forums?
2) What are the aspects of The North Pacific that interest you?
3) Do you have any reasons as to why you may have a business IP, which was the basis for your rejection?
I joined other areas of TNP (like the discord)but I feel like the forum is where the majority of important decisions and debates happen, and it'd be nice to see it firsthand
I like the open democracy, how jobs are handed out to many different players with elections for all of them
I actually didn't know I have a business IP, the PC I'm using is my personal one.

Also to respond to Flamingovia, I swear this'll be the only account from this IP.

Last edited:
If we allow business/school ip addresses, there would be no easy way to weed this out.
this is quite easy to rectify if the applicant simply logs in at home and repeats their application from a domestic IP address. Which is what most people do.

What I suspect is going on is that home users' IPs are showing up as business, perhaps IPs intended for small business internet. This seems to be common with Verizon. Also, the whole residential internet requirement doesn't consider the rise of 5G home internet like T-mobile provides, which will show up as a phone connection. The law just isn't keeping up with new technology.

Sorry: this is supposed to be for questions to the appliant, isn't it?
Why don't you just repeat your application from a domestic IP address?Problem solved.

Back