Discord
Freg#0420
sc.jpg

Repeal "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls"
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #326
Proposed by: Quebecshire, Co-authored by: Writinglegend | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

The Security Council,

Reiterating that condemnation by this august body is one of the highest forms of punitive recognition a nation can receive for villainy and subversion,

Acknowledging the prior passage of Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls (Souls), which sought to condemn the nominee for their many years as a figure in raiding,

Respecting that the writing of SC#326 is excellent and up to modern standards of quality, though nevertheless unconvinced that the nominee is deserving of recognition by the Security Council for their alleged misdeeds,

Recognizing that SC#236 mentions Souls’ involvement and leadership in numerous raiding organizations, though contending that their career in the multiverse is primarily viewed through their role in The Black Hawks specifically,

Questioning the relevance of the “Iterating” clause, as ensuring the destruction of The Black Riders and “denying [them] any chance at salvation” is not a condemnable act given The Black Riders’ reputation as a repulsive organization which has been forever removed from the plane of existence by divine intervention,

Asserting that Souls’ leadership of The Black Hawks was, on the whole, detrimental to raiderdom due to their advancement of the parasitic and self-defeating “Raider Unity” ideology. Under Souls’ leadership, the Council of Hawks exploited and attempted to vassalize other raider organizations, notably the iteration of HYDRA at the time, decidedly making Souls’ style of leadership damaging to raider objectives,

Recalling that Souls has played a major role in the political alienation of imperialist and Independent regions from supporting invaders, where regions such as The Land of Kings and Emperors and Balder, previously reliable supporters of invasions, were pushed away from raiderdom by Souls’ dogmatic and antagonistic demeanor, thereby adding significantly to the political crisis faced by raiderdom today,

Dissatisfied with the claim that Souls is condemnable in nature, as nations which are most deserving of the designation are those which operate with unmitigated brutality, whereas, in the rare instances where they have produced a viable scheme, Souls has often failed to follow through on their proclaimed nefarious intentions, especially when said intentions were brought to the public eye, such as:

• Hiding from the public eye almost completely in the aftermath of the “Red Phone” intelligence disclosures. Souls repeatedly asserted their interest in subverting and eventually destroying the South Pacific’s legitimate government in these declassified documents, but refused to expend their own effort and later retreated from answering for their boasts,
  • A series of intelligence and subversion operations planned by another organization Souls holds commanding rank in, targeting multiple regions, most notably Balder, which were unsuccessful and abandoned due to poor planning and execution on all fronts, such incompetence and the subsequent public fallout further isolating raider regions in the public discourse,

Delighted that many founded regions were further protected against permanent damage and seizure as a result of Souls’ diplomatic folly. Due to the loss of support from many imperialist and Independent groups, liberating coalitions and their allies have found passing preventative liberations to be of relative ease with minimal controversy, in part thanks to diplomatic repulsion by raiders encouraging more moderate regions to support these measures,

Concluding that while the target resolution is well articulated, Souls lacked ability, efficiency and tactful calculation while leading The Black Hawks, ultimately undermining their own ill-intended goals, dismantling their suitability for condemnation,

Affirming that while Souls held several positions in raiding high command over several years, their contributions to raiderdom have undoubtedly been feeble and that of a cosmic liability, and therefore,

Hereby repeals SC 326 “Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls”.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Overview
This proposal seeks to remove the condemnation on Ever-Wandering Souls, a long-term raider with The Brotherhood of Malice and a council advisor in The Black Hawks. The proposal notes that the original resolution meets standards for a condemnation but has a fatal flaw: that Ever-Wandering Souls has been hapless and unsuccessful in leading raiding efforts, citing numerous examples including Souls' adherence to the parasitic and self-defeating “Raider Unity” ideology, dogmatic and antagonistic diplomatic follies towards supporting invaders, and miserable failures in intelligence and subversion operations.

Recommendation
Ever-Wandering Souls is not worthy of condemnation as the long history of this raider's so-called "leadership", succinctly summarized in this proposal, demonstrates nothing but feebleness, inefficiency and generally sub-par capability in raider efforts and ultimately made no notable "contributions" to the efforts of raiders.

Please also note that, as signatories of the Modern Gameplay Compact and as reiterated in the 10 November statement on sanctions against The Black Hawks and The Brotherhood of Malice, The North Pacific will vote For this resolution.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs strongly recommends a vote For the Security Council Resolution at vote, "Repeal: “Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".

Overview
This proposal seeks to remove the condemnation on Ever-Wandering Souls, a long-term raider with The Brotherhood of Malice and a council advisor in The Black Hawks. The proposal notes that the original resolution meets standards for a condemnation but has a fatal flaw: that Ever-Wandering Souls has been hapless and unsuccessful in leading raiding efforts, citing numerous examples including Souls' adherence to the parasitic and self-defeating “Raider Unity” ideology, dogmatic and antagonistic diplomatic follies towards supporting invaders, and miserable failures in intelligence and subversion operations.

Recommendation
Ever-Wandering Souls is not worthy of condemnation as the long history of this raider's so-called "leadership", succinctly summarized in this proposal, demonstrates nothing but feebleness, inefficiency and generally sub-par capability in raider efforts and ultimately made no notable "contributions" to the efforts of raiders.

Most importantly, the nominee himself, who would be affected by this repeal, has used a puppet nation to pay for a telegram meant to convince people who already voted to oppose the repeal. He was joined by another member of The Black Hawks who also sent a telegram trying to convince these voters that Souls is dangerous and the SC should condemn him, despite their arguments not being sincere as they come from the very people who perpetuate these misdeeds. They have made it clear they view this as an important badge of honor that will help them propagandize and grow a greater following of raiders. These tactics are manipulative and in the case of Souls, veer close to self-condemnation.

For the above reasons, [the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs] strongly recommends a vote For the Security Council Resolution at vote, "Repeal: “Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".

Last edited:
Against - even regardless of my individual opposition, the author has largely not engaged with most to all criticism from raider individuals (myself included I believe, given no response I saw to my criticism of the liberations bit), claiming only that their comments aren’t valid because of course they’d oppose & occasional references to unspecified raider or former raider individuals, despite their views not being authoritative (see in particular a recent argument with a former head of Hydra about that clause). Or the argument with the now-defender Aav on the Balder clause.

I’m well aware that this will pass regardless, but I feel that the author’s deliberate ignoring of large chunks of the criticism of this should not go unremarked.

Last edited:
While I know and fully understand the region will vote for in compliance with the latest statement of the MGC, I am personally opposed to this, mostly for the reasons already stated above in LD's post.

Therefore, against.

Last edited:
Against, the post above sums up my position. Frankly, the real reason for this is obviously "no badges for BoM/TBH". It's a fair enough argument, but if that's your argument for repeal, make it. The arguments this repeal makes are, in my opinion, exceedingly weak, and it seems that only Souls' political opponents (as opposed to raiders themselves) find that Souls' actions were a net negative to raiding.

Retracted.

Last edited:
As someone who has written a similar resolution and received what constituted feedback from raiders obviously self-interested in the outcome of the vote, I can attest that there are certain things where agreement is impossible. Trying to accommodate every critique on a proposal is a fool’s errand as it is, but accommodating the raider critique is almost impossible to do in a situation like this. Quebec wouldn’t have been able to give them what they want here, and his approach and argument is simply in opposition to their view. So is it just bad manners that he didn’t even post an acknowledgment to say “sorry can’t fix this up the way you want?” Seems like a flimsy complaint to me.

Raiders here can pretend they’re opposing because raider input was not properly addressed but I would doubt that’s their real reason.

For

Raiders here can pretend they’re opposing because raider input was not properly addressed but I would doubt that’s their real reason.
I at least have been clear I would oppose it regardless, can’t speak for others here.

Edit: Spoilered specific arguments about Quebec for readability of other points.

That said, ”not replying at all to raider input when inconvenient” is a bit more than what you say. A brief summary of stuff already distinctly covered:
1. Quebec has had an extended argument with their original source (now a defender under Quebec) about how much Souls knew and when, in direct contradiction to said source who was actually involved and provided all the material Quebec is working off of (to my knowledge).
2. Quebec argues that Souls has made Liberations much harder to stop for raiders, and made no reply that I’ve seen to my post that preventing a Liberation (on a region that wasn’t do-not-defend) hasn’t been seen as viable for many years before now.
3. The clause about TBH squishing small raider orgs cites only Hydra (no others have been mentioned by name) on unnamed sources, which is contradicted by one of Hydra’s then-leaders, to which no response has been given.

I will not pretend my opposition is at all sourced from these points (and others), but for a proposal ostensibly predicated on Souls being a net-negative to raiding, it doesn’t jive to ignore a number of past and present raider leaders who argue that he was a net postive (and the alternative, of pointing to raiding’s recent military record is also not available).

Last edited:
Against. Not because I think the authors hasn’t properly engaged with the criticism from whoever, but I have always thought that this whole badge-sniping thing was a silly endeavour.

Last edited:
While I would imagine this is the case, will @Pallaith be voting for regardless of the forum vote under the MGC agreement?
TNP is committed to the sanctions we agreed upon with our MGC allies and I will be honoring those sanctions should the vote in this thread indicate otherwise. I also happen to believe the argument is solid on its own and would quibble with raiders and their rose colored take on the history involved.

Changing my vote to for. At least the supporters of this proposal had the decency not to telegram (let alone specifically telegram) regions that oppose campaign spam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back