Chief Election Commissioner Elections

Since it appears nobody else is interested, let's move forward with a confirmation vote.

Sil Dorsett is willing to serve as our Chief Election Commissioner until January 31st, 2022 (conditional on reappointment to the EC by the RA by December 16th, 2021).

All in favor of reappointing Sil Dorsett as Chief Election Commissioner until January 31st, 2022 please vote "Aye".
Those against, please vote "Nay".

The vote will last for three days, ending on September 29th at 21:30 EDT

With 2 Ayes and 3 not voting, there doesn't appear to be consensus. I'm going to extend voting until we have a consensus and allow the new commissioners to vote. It's not like we're in a rush, since I'm the one with the longest tenure anyways.

Abstain

An absolute majority has been reached. Voting is now over.

Aye - 5
Nay - 0
Abstain - 1
Not Voting - 1

Sil Dorsett has been selected to serve as Chief Election Commissioner until January 31st, 2022.

It's that time again! My term as CEC will be ending not this Monday (24/1) but the following Monday (31/1), so it is time for our own little election. I offer to stay on board as CEC for another four month term (, and for the sake of clarity, this is me declaring as a candidate, again). Are there any others who wish to serve as CEC? Once we have a line-up of candidates, we'll vote. I'd like for candidacy decisions to be done by Wednesday, 26/1 Friday 28/1. Post here if you're interested.

Last edited:
We have two election commissioners interested in serving as the next chief election commissioner. This term will last until May 31st, 2022. Please vote for one of the following options:

< Dreadton | Sil Dorsett | Abstain >

The vote will last for three days, ending on (time=1643686500)

Voting is over.

Sil Dorsett - 4 votes
Dreadton - 1 vote
Abstentions - 2

Sil Dorsett has been selected to serve as Chief Election Commissioner until May 31st, 2022.

With @Sil Dorsett having declared for the March 2022 Judaical Elections, he is considered absent for this election. According to Rule 1.1, having the longest uninterrupted tenure, I assume the role as acting Chief Election Commissioner. There are enough commissioners remaining, temporary appointments are not needed at this time.

My term as CEC is ending soon. If you are interested in being CEC until Sept. 30, post below. We'll do voting on the 31st.

I will not be pursuing the position this time around. I've been in the spot for quite a while and I think it's time to let someone else have a chance.

Last edited:
Gorundu is willing to serve as our Chief Election Commissioner until Sept 30th, 2022.

All in favor of appointing Gorundu as Chief Election Commissioner until Sept 30th, 2022 please vote "Aye".
Those against, please vote "Nay".

The vote will last for three days.

Aye

The allotted time has passed. Five commissioners out of eight have voted Aye, with 3 not voting.
With a majority of the commission in agreement, Gorundu has been selected to serve as Chief Election Commissioner until Sept 30th.

My term as CEC is ending in just over a week on September 30th. So with that, if anyone would like to declare their intention to serve as CEC for a four month term (until January 30th), please do so in the next 5 days. We'll then move to a vote.

I'm happy to put my name forward for another term in the event that no one else expresses interest.

Since I'm the only person who has expressed interest in this role, we'll hold a confirmation vote. Please vote "Aye", "Nay" or "Abstain" (or anything equivalent to any of these options), for the election of Gorundu as Chief Election Commissioner. The vote will close when all Election Commissioners have voted, or at the end of September 30th, Eastern Time (as that is when my current term expires).

My vote is Abstain.

Thanks for voting on time, everyone. With 6 Ayes and 1 Abstain, Gorundu has been elected to serve as Chief Election Commissioner until January 30th, 2023 (pending re-confirmation).

Since Dreadton posted here the last time a CEC ran for office...

With @Gorundu having declared for the January 2023 General Election as a candidate for Vice Delegate, he is considered absent for this election. According to Rule 1.1, having the longest uninterrupted tenure, I assume the role as acting Chief Election Commissioner. There are, as of this post, six remaining commissioners. Temporary appointments are not needed at this time.

With my term as Chief Election Commissioner ending on January 30th, I am opening up declarations of interest to serve as CEC for a four-month term (ending May 30th). If you are interested in serving, please declare your intention in the next three days, and a vote will follow. I do not intend to continue serving in this position.

Back