-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
Kirxas failed the admin check here and appealed their rejection here. They have not been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or be using a proxy, have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and have not already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.

Pursuant to 6.1.10-14 of the Legal Code, this qualifies Kirxas to have this rejection debated by the RA and potentially overturned - at which point they would be granted citizenship contingent on continued WA residency in the region excepting participation in NPA operations.

Please ask any questions you may desire to ask of @Kirxas in this thread. This is not the appeal's official debate thread.

@Kirxas, first question - what you've been doing in The North Pacific, and NationStates up to this point?
Well, I started playing only a few days ago, so I've only had time to participate in the N-day that just finished, in which I was part of CARD.

Other than that I've simply been trying to change my nation into what I want it to be (which I'm still far from) and trying to understand a bit more about how the game works, especially when it comes to aspects like the WA.

As for TNP, I've been lurking a bit in the discord server, saying a thing or two from time to time, and swapping endorsements with a few people.

@Kirxas You failed the admin check three times. Despite mentioning that one of the places you reside has a residential internet connection, you still showed up as a phone all three times. Do you have a home computer, either desktop or laptop, in either of those places, or do you only have a phone? Did you make sure to turn on your phone's WiFi (If the indicator says 4G, 4G LTE, or 5G, you didn't do it.) Do you know who your internet provider is?

I'm asking this because if you just forgot to do something that would help you pass the admin check, that would be easier than going through this appeal. Then again, if all you have is your phone, then this appeal is your only option.

When it comes to joining RP, I'd like to on the medium term, but not on the short one, I prefer to take things slow and do them well, especially considering I'm being a bit overwhelmed already by how many new things there are.

I also do ineed have wifi in my main residence (which is now my second due to uni). The first time I applied I did it with mobile data on my phone, second one I also did it on my phone but connected to wifi and with my data turned off, last time I did it from my pc which doesn't even have access to data. I had it connected to my wifi, which makes it weird that it didn't show up as a residential connection, as it's not a 4 or 5g router, but an optic fiber connection. Hell, we don't even get data coverage inside that home due to the outside walls being extremely thick.

Also, my provider is indeed Orange España like someone said before.

I did decide to try and locate my ip last weekend before leaving, and for some reason it said I was in Madrid, which isn't even close to where I live, so I don't blame any of you for this, it's just weird on my ISP's part.

All I'm gonna say is:
Ya me jodería estár con Orange.

What a shitty thing to use Orange

All I'm gonna say is:
Ya me jodería estár con Orange.

What a shitty thing to use Orange
Eh, they're the only ones who offer a decent connection in my village, only other option is Movistar's ADSL, where you pay for 10mb/s and are lucky if you get 1. And for the same price we used to have that shitty internet and two phones we now have all four phones, 600mb/s (we somehow get 700 in real speed) and netflix.

A company called XEIC also did some weird thing a few years ago, offering 500, but it sucked so bad no one used it anymore after a few months. Like, it wouldn't even work at all 70% of the time we had it, same goes for every time it rained, got even a tiny bit windy, hot, cold... Either those were bad excuses or they really have the most shit infrastructure in the world.

That said, as shit as Orange normally is, they're actually pretty nice in my village, and they put a 5g repeater right next to my other place, so why even bother getting wifi when I'm the only one living here most of the year and can just as easily use my phone as a hotspot?

Sorry for going off, but I had to get it out of my system lmao.

OK, so that explains why it showed up as a phone regardless of what you did. Similar to how T-Mobile in the states offers residential internet through their 5G network.

OK, so that explains why it showed up as a phone regardless of what you did. Similar to how T-Mobile in the states offers residential internet through their 5G network.
I have zero clue on how it works internally, only about what appears in the contract. I simply switched to them, got quite literally 700 times the speed at a cheaper price and they came home to install it. All of that after spending two months putting cables up across the entire village. Them having the whole thing running off some kind of wireless connection would explain a lot, but I can't confirm nor deny it. I could always tell you which village it is if it helps.

Back