He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton
Application for Admission to the Bar

Applicant name: Dreadton

Part One: Experience as a Justice or counsel

1. Have you served as a Justice (including as a Temporary Hearing Officer)? <Yes>

2. Between what dates did you serve as a Justice (including as a Temporary Hearing Officer)? In My signature

3. Were you the Moderating Justice in any criminal trials or requests for review? (If so, please identify which criminal trials or requests for review) No

4. Were you the author or a co-author of any Official Opinions, Verdicts or Sentencing Orders of the Court? (If so, please identify the Official Opinions, Verdicts or Sentencing Orders) Yes , TNP v Bobberino, On the Sentancing of Whole India

5. Have you served as a Prosecutor? <Yes>

6. Which criminal trials did you prosecute? TNP v Pigeonstant

7. Did you participate in any requests for review related to those trials? On the Constitutionality of Vague Laws and Gross Misconduct

8. Have you served as counsel to a defendant in a criminal trial? <No>

9. In which criminal trials were you counsel to a defendant?

10. Did you participate in any requests for review related to those trials? (If so, please identify the requests for review)

Part Two: Legal Writing

11. Have you authored any substantial legal work? (Examples include: briefs in requests for review; analysis or explanations of the law; arguments in criminal trials; bills that have been made law. However, it does not include any Official Opinion, Verdict or Sentencing Order of the Court or any decision or argument made in a trial or request for review identified in Part One) <Yes>

12. Have you authored any briefs in requests for review? Yes On the Form of the Oath of a Delegate, On the Constitutionality of Vague Laws and Gross Misconduct , On the Power of the Speaker to Direct Deputy Speakers, On the Regulation of the Regional Message Board, On the Definition of a Candidate

13. Have you authored any other substantial legal work? (If so, identify no more than two)

Part Three: Other Relevant Experience

14. Have you served in a Constitutionally-mandated Elected Office? (This does not include the office of Justice) <Yes>

15. Which offices have you served in and between what dates? See Signature

16. Were you required to make a decision which required you to analyse and apply the law? See my briefs and court cases

17. Have you served as a government official in any other office in the previous two years? <Yes>

18. Which offices have you served in and between what dates? See Signature

19. Were you required to make a decision which required you to analyse and apply the law? As Vice Delegate on the form, standing, and requirements on failing security checks and navigating the then New Declassifaction law. As Election Commissioner on when a Commissioner is absent for the purpose of elections

Part Four: Acceptability Disclosure

20. Have you previously been convicted of any crime in The North Pacific? <No>

21. What crime/crimes were you convicted of? (Please identify the date of each conviction)

22. Have you previously been recalled from office as Justice or Prosecutor? <No>

23. On what date/dates were you recalled from office?

24. Have you previously been found by the Court to be in contempt of court or to have submitted an appeal or review that was frivolous or solely for the purpose of delaying proceedings? <No>

25. In which trials or requests for review did the Court make those findings?

26. Have you previously had your membership of the Bar revoked for any reason other than ceasing to be a citizen? <No>

27. On what date/dates was your membership revoked?

28. If you answered Yes to any of questions 20, 22, 24, or 26, why do you consider that you would be an acceptable member of the bar, despite any prior conviction, recall, adverse finding by the Court, or revocation of Bar membership?

Part Six: Request for Admission and Declaration

I apply to the Bar Commissioners for admission to the Bar.

I declare that the information I have provided in this application is true and that I have not failed to provide any information required by this application.

The Bar Commission have reviewed the application, and we have decided to accept your application to the Bar.

Dreadton has applied to the Bar in this thread.

Opinions? @Zyvetskistaahn @Lord Dominator

Not seeing much of a reason to not pass Dreadton through.

One week has gone by without comment, and thus, I shall start a vote for the admission of Dreadton to the Bar.

According to the Rules of the Bar Commission, the vote will last (at maximum) three days.

I vote "Aye" to Dreadton joining the Bar Association.

Three days have passed since the calling of a vote, and only 2 of the 3 Bar Commissioners casted their vote.
According to the Bar Commission's Rules:

Majority has been achieved with a majority of the Bar Commissioners voting Aye, and one Abstaining indirectly.
According to Section Two of the Bar Commission's Rules:

Thus, Dreadton will be accepted as member of the Bar of the North Pacific.
The decision will be posted shortly, alongside a transcript of the discussion.

Back