[PASSED] Accelerated Admission Act

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
Reform of our citizenship law continues to be a relevant topic, and it is clear that we are far from being satisfied with the law as it stands. From the look of things, we may have another lengthy debate with sweeping changes on the way, but I believe there are smaller changes we can make in the short term that will modernize the process even further, reflect the reality of the process as it tends to work today, and address some of the problems we have seen. I take some inspiration not only from @Vivanco providing an easier way to self-manage citizenship, but also our Court in fairly adjudicating how to handle the discovery of processing errors by the Speaker that may leave them with no way to correct their mistake.

And part of how I have decided to do this also takes inspiration from @Sil Dorsett who changed the Vice Delegate check's processing time requirement. As the name of the bill suggests, I propose that all citizenship checks have the same maximum length to be performed: 7 days. In practice we simply do not see admins or the Speaker's office take 2 weeks to process apps. And if this were a consistent thing, we would not consider that to be a acceptable state of affairs. The only citizens who received citizenship for not being processed in two weeks in recent memory were people who the Speaker's office attempted to reject, but failed to do so properly. It simply has not been the norm as long as I have been active in this region for our applications to take that long to process. And if for some reason it does, in today's faster-paced game with repeated examples of how crucial we believe responding quickly and effectively to new players, we would be takin serious action. It is beyond time to update our requirement for this process, to reflect our current expectations and emphasize the speediness that we all expect.

I appreciate that cutting the timeline in half for the Speaker check in particular means that there's a more immediate consequence to them improperly processing an application. Setting aside that whether the wait was a week or two weeks, what happened with the improperly rejected applicants would have happened regardless, I have added a provision to help accommodate the accelerated timeline. This provision requires the Speaker's office to revoke citizenship if they discover that it was given out improperly, so they would now be able to respond to precisely the scenario that led to the recent r4r. It is important, however, not to leave this provision open for too long - the longer someone is involved as a citizen, the more their input and activity can affect what happens in the region, and the more potentially damaging removing them from the equation can be. We do not want to be too retroactive, especially because as a mandate it would force the Speaker to remove citizenship automatically as soon as the error is discovered, even if that happens years in the future and the player in question has been a pillar of the community. That is why I felt that two weeks was a reasonable amount of time for the office to discover potential issues. While I am not necessarily against this window being open longer, I feel that it should not be too wide - I suspect that if the mistake is not caught relatively soon after the citizenship is granted, it will probably end up being many months before it is discovered, if ever, and by that time, as I said earlier, I think that does more harm than good. I take a lot of guidance from the Court on the timing with this provision.

Finally, I wanted to revisit the admin check exemption in an important way. Similar to our recent law allowing citizens to revoke their citizenship voluntarily, I wanted them to be able to get an admin check that would pass muster in a standard citizenship application, so that the exemption granted to them is no longer in effect if it no longer has a reason to be. Obviously such citizens can request an admin check whenever they want, and the results would be known, but that wouldn't change the reality of their exemption. So I have proposed a provision that will have the exemption superseded in the event they successfully pass such an admin check, so that they are not left with the awkward process of dropping citizenship temporarily just to pass a new application. Whenever we can employ common sense and reasonable approaches to problems instead of jumping through unnecessary process hoops, I think we should aim to do so.

Let me know what you think.

Accelerated Admission Act:
Chapter 6 of the Legal Code is amended as follows:
Section 6.1 Citizenship Applications:
5. Forum administration will have 7 days to evaluate the citizenship applicant and verify that they are not using a proxy or evading a judicially-imposed penalty. The Vice Delegate will have 7 days to perform a security evaluation and pass or fail the applicant. The Vice Delegate must consult the Security Council if there is reasonable concern as to whether an applicant should be admitted.
6. The Vice Delegate will automatically fail any applicant who identifies as fascist or has engaged in the promotion of fascism.
7. The Speaker will reject applicants who fail an evaluation by either forum administration or the Vice Delegate.
8. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by the Vice Delegate, the Regional Assembly shall immediately debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. The vote must begin two days after the rejection occurs.
9. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote.
10. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by forum administration, the applicant may appeal the rejection to the Speaker.
11. In order to appeal the rejection, the applicant must do so within one week of the rejection, must not have been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or using a proxy, must have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and must not have already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.
12. The Speaker will formally grant the applicant’s appeal if the above criteria are met.
13. If the appeal is granted, the Regional Assembly shall debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. If during the debate it is determined that the applicant does not meet the criteria for an appeal, the debate will be suspended and the appeal will be denied.
14. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote, unless forum administration has passed the applicant in a subsequent citizenship application, in which case the previous decision to uphold the rejection is automatically overturned.
15. The Speaker will accept all other applicants with valid applications.
16. The Speaker will process applications within 7 days. If an applicant has not been approved or rejected within that time, they will be automatically granted citizenship.
Section 6.2: Administration and Loss of Citizenship:
17. The Speaker will maintain a publicly viewable roster of citizens and their registered nations.
18. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens whose removal is ordered by the Court, or whose registered nations in The North Pacific leave or ceases to exist.
19. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens who, for over 30 consecutive days, neither post on the regional forum, nor post on the regional message board with their registered nations.
20. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens whose registered nations in The North Pacific are not in the World Assembly, except as part of an operation with the North Pacific Army, if their citizenship was granted by the Regional Assembly after failing an evaluation by forum administration. This requirement will not apply if the citizens request and then pass another evaluation by forum administration.
21. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens to whom they granted citizenship in error, if the error is discovered within 7 days of granting their citizenship.

Accelerated Admission Act:
Chapter 6 of the Legal Code is amended as follows:
Section 6.1 Citizenship Applications:
5. Forum administration will have 7 14 days to evaluate the citizenship applicant and verify that they are not using a proxy or evading a judicially-imposed penalty. The Vice Delegate will have 7 days to perform a security evaluation and pass or fail the applicant. The Vice Delegate must consult the Security Council if there is reasonable concern as to whether an applicant should be admitted.
6. The Vice Delegate will automatically fail any applicant who identifies as fascist or has engaged in the promotion of fascism.
7. The Speaker will reject applicants who fail an evaluation by either forum administration or the Vice Delegate.
8. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by the Vice Delegate, the Regional Assembly shall immediately debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. The vote must begin two days after the rejection occurs.
9. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote.
10. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by forum administration, the applicant may appeal the rejection to the Speaker.
11. In order to appeal the rejection, the applicant must do so within one week of the rejection, must not have been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or using a proxy, must have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and must not have already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.
12. The Speaker will formally grant the applicant’s appeal if the above criteria are met.
13. If the appeal is granted, the Regional Assembly shall debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. If during the debate it is determined that the applicant does not meet the criteria for an appeal, the debate will be suspended and the appeal will be denied.
14. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote, unless forum administration has passed the applicant in a subsequent citizenship application, in which case the previous decision to uphold the rejection is automatically overturned.
15. The Speaker will accept all other applicants with valid applications.
16. The Speaker will process applications within 7 14 days. If an applicant has not been approved or rejected within that time, they will be automatically granted citizenship.
Section 6.2: Administration and Loss of Citizenship:
17. The Speaker will maintain a publicly viewable roster of citizens and their registered nations.
18. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens whose removal is ordered by the Court, or whose registered nations in The North Pacific leave or ceases to exist.
19. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens who, for over 30 consecutive days, neither post on the regional forum, nor post on the regional message board with their registered nations.
20. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens whose registered nations The North Pacific are not in the World Assembly, except as part of an operation with the North Pacific Army, if their citizenship was granted by the Regional Assembly after failing an evaluation by forum administration. This requirement will not apply if the citizens request and then pass another evaluation by forum administration.
21. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens to whom they granted citizenship in error, if the error is discovered within 7 days of granting their citizenship.

Last edited:
Opposed to 21 on principle - new citizens shouldn’t be punished for the failure of the Speaker’s office, especially when the way the citizenship process works is so arcane that I doubt very many new citizens understand it. Additionally, I don’t it actually fixes anything, because the only citizens who got citizenship that should have been rejected are the ones who failed the admin check and were improperly rejected by the Speaker’s office. These citizens weren’t actually granted citizenship in error. They were granted citizenship because the Speaker’s office failed to properly reject them in time - which is exactly what the law says should happen.

Apologies for the double post, but I feel as though it would also be worthwhile to, in this bill, repeal the bits about having a WA nation in sub-section 20, because they violate the Bill of Rights and I’d rather deal with that now than with an r4r in the future.

Last edited:
I am against the 7 days, it feels weird. I suggest maybe having a 6 day across the board for everything but I am good with 4 days too.

Opposed to 21 on principle - new citizens shouldn’t be punished for the failure of the Speaker’s office, especially when the way the citizenship process works is so arcane that I doubt very many new citizens understand it. Additionally, I don’t it actually fixes anything, because the only citizens who got citizenship that should have been rejected are the ones who failed the admin check and were improperly rejected by the Speaker’s office. These citizens weren’t actually granted citizenship in error. They were granted citizenship because the Speaker’s office failed to properly reject them in time - which is exactly what the law says should happen.
That's certainly an interesting interpretation of the case of The Land of Broken Dreams, but that's not how I see it. It's not that the Speaker's office didn't reject them in time, it's that a Deputy Speaker made a mistake and the Speaker was forced to live with that mistake. The court ruled that once citizenship was granted, you couldn't retract it by rejecting the application within the time limit. Ultimately, everything was done the way the law was written, but it exposed a defect. Line 21 here gives the Speaker a chance to fix the mistakes of an inexperienced or careless deputy.

That being said, I think 14 days to fix the error is way too long. If there is an error, it should be corrected immediately. 24 hours tops.

Apologies for the double post, but I feel as though it would also be worthwhile to, in this bill, repeal the bits about having a WA nation in sub-section 20, because they violate the Bill of Rights and I’d rather deal with that now than with an r4r in the future.
You should ask Hulldom or Madeline Valois to R4R it for you if you really think it violates the BoR. I don't think it does. My interpretation is that the government can't force residents to be WA to not be banned from the region or something. Citizenship is optional.

That being said, I think 14 days to fix the error is way too long. If there is an error, it should be corrected immediately. 24 hours tops.
I think this is reasonable.
You should ask Hulldom or Madeline Valois to R4R it for you if you really think it violates the BoR. I don't think it does. My interpretation is that the government can't force residents to be WA to not be banned from the region or something. Citizenship is optional.
My interpretation is that in "Participation in the World Assembly shall not be a condition of participation in the governmental authorities of the region" (article 3), the Regional Assembly is included in "the governmental authorities of the region".

Last edited:
My interpretation is that in "Participation in the World Assembly shall not be a condition of participation in the governmental authorities of the region" (article 3), the Regional Assembly is included in "the governmental authorities of the region".
Ah, okay. That makes sense. I tunnel-visioned on article 1 for some reason. Still, you'd need standing... Hey @Vivanco, who's the Court Examiner?

They were granted citizenship in error. The error was they were intended to be rejected by the Speaker because they failed the admin check, but they didn’t properly reject them. Under the law those people should not have been citizens because they failed that admin check. Giving them citizenship anyway would have been blatantly violating the law. The Speaker’s office didn’t do that though, they just mishandled the processing of the apps. The 14 day cutoff is ideally not how one becomes a citizen - it’s the put a reasonable clock on the process so apps aren’t hanging out there indefinitely. This use of that provision is not what was intended. I don’t see how you can’t see that as an error. In the sense that them getting citizenship that way was legal, yes, it was. But in the sense that everything working correctly, those people would never have been citizens, there was an error.

I suppose we can never get around this particular point of disagreement. I don’t have to explain to you why that provision is crucial to the exemption. I’m not actually trying to address the exemption here because I feel that will happen as a result of a more comprehensive change in the law that tackles the admin check directly. That’s certainly where we’re headed, based on how people are talking about this issue. If we fundamentally alter the check and accommodate people without trying to squeeze that accommodation into the existing framework, I don’t believe this WA requirement will be necessary.

I appreciate you feeling this violates the bill of rights, but I continue to disagree. There is no requirement that you be a citizen in the first place, not that you employ this exemption, since the normal process does not have a WA requirement. Where exactly the RA fits under the understanding of “governmental authorities” is an interesting question, since the law clearly identifies government officials and they are understood to be entirely separate from the RA. Even the legislative branch is defined as the Speaker and their appointees, not the members of the RA. A read of the relevant portion of the Bill of Rights clearly indicates to me that government officials and executive staff cannot be required to be members of the WA in order to serve in that capacity. You are not either of those things just because you’re a citizen. In fact, you can serve in both capacities as a non-citizen (to a more limited extent in the case of being a government official and certainly elected official obviously).

I am against the 7 days, it feels weird. I suggest maybe having a 6 day across the board for everything but I am good with 4 days too.

Okay. I’m not sold so I’m not going to be changing that at this time.

That's certainly an interesting interpretation of the case of The Land of Broken Dreams, but that's not how I see it. It's not that the Speaker's office didn't reject them in time, it's that a Deputy Speaker made a mistake and the Speaker was forced to live with that mistake. The court ruled that once citizenship was granted, you couldn't retract it by rejecting the application within the time limit. Ultimately, everything was done the way the law was written, but it exposed a defect. Line 21 here gives the Speaker a chance to fix the mistakes of an inexperienced or careless deputy.

Sil is correct in the first instance. There was no way for the Speaker’s office to correct the mistake that was discovered, even when it was caught relatively early after citizenship had been granted. That is the scenario I’m trying to avoid with the new clause. The pile of citizens who should have been rejected and who the Speaker’s office thought had been rejected would not be able to be corrected even under the new clause.

The trouble with the error is that it isn’t always caught immediately. The 14 day window is not how many days in which the Speaker may correct a mistake they find. It is a window to allow them to even find mistakes in the first place. If the Speaker grants citizenship and it is pointed out the next day that the citizenship was improperly granted because they had actually failed the admin check, and the Speaker’s office just overlooked it, then this clause requires them to revoke the citizenship immediately. Or perhaps it’s discovered a week later - then the citizenship is removed a week later. The 14 day window is meant to constrain the retroactive correction to a reasonable time frame, so that we’re not yanking citizenship from people 6 months down the line. If you only give them a day, they have to be completely on the ball and looking through everything with a fine tooth comb to catch mistakes in a day. That’s certainly a standard, but I am reading your response to the law as a misunderstanding of what that time frame is. If I’m wrong about your misunderstanding it, then fine, in that case I think only allowing them a day to discover and correct mistakes is a bit too strict.

I don’t see how you can’t see that as an error.
I do see it as an error, but in the legal sense it was legal for them to be granted citizenship. That's a pretty semantic technicality though, and I don't really care. I'm more concerened with punishing citizens for a failure of the Speaker's office, or inconsistencies in catching errors in time resulting in some people being removed and others now for the same errors.

With regards to The Land of Broken Dreams, the whole thing could've been avoided if a proper Speaker's check had been done on them. They would've failed. They gave their nation name as The Land of Broken Dreams. Their actual nation was Land of Broken Dreams.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. I tunnel-visioned on article 1 for some reason. Still, you'd need standing... Hey @Vivanco, who's the Court Examiner?
In order to have a Court Examiner, we need members within the Regional Bar. We've been busy establishing the bases for how the bar will internally work with its initial rules. We are now discussing initial members and from there we will have the pool needed to choose a Court Examiner like the Legal Code explains upon section 3.6. So, we don't have one yet, but we may have one shortly. The choosing of a Court Examiner has not been our focus, but rather the initial ruleset and currently the initial members pool.

14 days is too long for section 21. I would prefer, if we need to keep this section, 24-48 hours, but would settle for 4 days. I would also expand it for when a deputy or the speaker erroneously grants a exemption request.

14 days is too long for section 21. I would prefer, if we need to keep this section, 24-48 hours, but would settle for 4 days. I would also expand it for when a deputy or the speaker erroneously grants a exemption request.

Why is it too long? I’m just curious, do people really prefer that the Speaker’s granting of citizenship be final and immutable once done? A small window to correct errors seemed like something people wanted after recent events.

As for your other preference, arguably this bill as written could handle those situations too. I suppose it can be seen as a stretch and could get challenged in Court, so if we wanted that to be contemplated we would probably need to make it more explicit, and it would have to be separate from this process, because by the time the RA has weighed in and rendered a judgment, I don’t care for the Speaker pulling the rug. The rug would need to be pulled before it even gets to them. I’ll mull that over and see what others think.

Because they can errornously get citizenship, vote/run in an election, then have their citizenship pulled but their vote will have already been counted.

Wouldn’t that be an issue for the Election Commission to deal with and not the people granting citizenship?

A mistake is a mistake, if someone voted while inappropriately made a citizen, or they voted and immediately lost citizenship by the natural means, do we not have provisions established to handle that situation?

Like, if I vote in something yesterday, resign citizenship today, safeguards don’t exist to ensure my vote is invalidated / does not affect the results of an election?

An election cycle runs for 10 days 5 of which is voting. So if they get citizenship the day before voting opens, they vote in the election, the vote closes and on day 6-7 the speaker says oops, there is no recourse. once the vote is closed and results published thats it. The Election comission doesnt act as a second set of eyes on citizenship. The speaker hands us the list of citizens and thats what we use. You are correct if someone loses citizenship during the process they will be pulled from the election or their vote not counted, but this opens a wide window for issues.

Wouldn’t that be an issue for the Election Commission to deal with and not the people granting citizenship?
I don't really see how they legally could deal with it. You couldn't actually run because you need to have citizenship for 15 days to do that, which falls out of Pallaith's 14-day window for correction.

I too support the 24-48 hour limit for Section 21 for the reasons mentioned by Dreadton.

An election cycle runs for 10 days 5 of which is voting. So if they get citizenship the day before voting opens, they vote in the election, the vote closes and on day 6-7 the speaker says oops, there is no recourse. once the vote is closed and results published thats it. The Election comission doesnt act as a second set of eyes on citizenship. The speaker hands us the list of citizens and thats what we use. You are correct if someone loses citizenship during the process they will be pulled from the election or their vote not counted, but this opens a wide window for issues.
Does it? How does reducing the time the Soeaker has to correct an incorrect granting of citizenship reduce the window for issues? I’d think it would do the opposite. Though am curious what issues you’re specifically thinking of?

When someone is granted citizenship they have all the rights of a citizen until they are no longer a citizen, even if citizenship was granted in error and later rectified. Reducing the time the Speaker has doesn’t really solve one of the big things this amendment does, which is allow the Speaker to properly revoke citizenship when discovered citizenship was granted in error. We don’t want more R4Rs because it gets discovered a week later that folks were granted citizenship in error.
2 weeks is exceedingly reasonable.

I don't really see how they legally could deal with it. You couldn't actually run because you need to have citizenship for 15 days to do that, which falls out of Pallaith's 14-day window for correction.

Right that was my thought, so the “issue” of someone who was granted citizenship inappropriately wouldn’t really apply here, so it is not a problem to my understanding.

Does it? How does reducing the time the Soeaker has to correct an incorrect granting of citizenship reduce the window for issues? I’d think it would do the opposite. Though am curious what issues you’re specifically thinking of?

An election cycle runs for 10 days 5 of which is voting. So if they get citizenship the day before voting opens, they vote in the election, the vote closes and on day 6-7 the speaker says oops, there is no recourse. once the vote is closed and results published thats it.

We have instant run off voting, 1 vote can be the difference between Candidate A and B (or in Judical elections Candidate C). Is that fair to them that a person who voted and should not have tilted the election because a Speaker could not catch a mistake till 14 days after? Or RA bills where that vote can determine quorum or if the bill passes? How about a person who gets citizenship, votes on RA bills and elections and 14 days later gets told, lol no we made a mistake back in line? I would feel discourged that i particpated as a citizen for two weeks and then got told there was a mistake and have the rug yanked from me.

Why does the Speaker need 14 days to discover if they or their deputies screwed up? Why not 21 days, or 50 days? An active speaker should be on top of this or they should not have the job. 48 hours is alot more reasonable and fair both to the applicant and the community.

Because they can errornously get citizenship, vote/run in an election, then have their citizenship pulled but their vote will have already been counted.
How is that different from someone losing citizenship right after an election because they moved their nation out of a region? We don’t invalidate election results because people who were citizens during the election lost citizenship after it. I suppose you’ll say the difference here is that the person never should have been one in the first place, but as far as this bill is concerned, that’s irrelevant - the citizenship is revoked just like it is in all the other cases, meaning for that brief period the citizenship was granted incorrectly, they were still legally a citizen. Under existing law and court ruling, without something like this bill, an improperly admitted citizen is still nevertheless a citizen, fully a citizen. The Court plucked someone out but that’s very rare and the Court clearly only does that…roughly a few weeks at most after the citizenship was granted, provided they haven’t done much. And participation in a vote or two isn’t as bad as months of service and community engagement.

Besides, if you’re only giving them a couple days to correct this mistake, you’re reinforcing the setup where citizenship counts and is locked in even if a mistake was made, and if it’s unfair for someone who shouldn’t have been a citizen to make a difference in an election as a general principle, then I don’t see how making it harder for the Speaker to correct that mistake actually makes that better. Right now this criticism seems a bit like it’s having things both ways, it’s taking issue with discouraging people from being citizens by leaving it too much up to the Speaker’s whim, but also taking issue with people benefiting from mistakes in unfair ways. A good solution tries to mitigate both types of problems, because favoring one too much with your solution means the other one suffers more.

So why 14 days?
I want the window to be brief, but give them a decent chunk of time to take advantage of it. This seemed like a good amount of time, and consistent with the judicial ruling's philosophy on the matter.

How are we feeling about this now? I don't think there's really a whole lot to this, does this just come down to the provision letting the Speaker undo mistakes?

As for my suggested language for allowing the Speaker to correct an improperly granted exemption:

14 days is, again, far too long.
So I take it you are unmoved by my response to this question then. Is there any length of time you would deem appropriate? Or is this something the Speaker should not be permitted to do at all?

So I take it you are unmoved by my response to this question then. Is there any length of time you would deem appropriate? Or is this something the Speaker should not be permitted to do at all?
I am skeptical that the Speaker should even be allowed to remove citizens if they have already been granted citizenship. However, if such a period is to exist, it should not exceed a few days in length. Two weeks is inordinately long for the Speaker to catch their mistakes especially considering that it represents quite a long time to become a citizen, get involved, and then suddenly have it revoked for no fault of your own. However, I have thought about it and I do think it would be acceptable for the period to be longer for some errors, such as citizens who failed the Vice Delegate's check and are still granted citizenship, or citizens who are found to actually be banned or evading judicial penalties, or citizens who are proxying or already citizens under other accounts.

...actually, as I think about it, I realize that my primary opposition to people getting removed by the Speaker after having been granted citizenship in error is for citizens who failed the residential IP requirement of the admin check.

Last edited:
I am skeptical that the Speaker should even be allowed to remove citizens if they have already been granted citizenship. However, if such a period is to exist, it should not exceed a few days in length. Two weeks is inordinately long for the Speaker to catch their mistakes especially considering that it represents quite a long time to become a citizen, get involved, and then suddenly have it revoked for no fault of your own. However, I have thought about it and I do think it would be acceptable for the period to be longer for some errors, such as citizens who failed the Vice Delegate's check and are still granted citizenship, or citizens who are found to actually be banned or evading judicial penalties, or citizens who are proxying or already citizens under other accounts.

...actually, as I think about it, I realize that my primary opposition to people getting removed by the Speaker after having been granted citizenship in error is for citizens who failed the residential IP requirement of the Vice Delegate's check.
I know you meant admin check in that last bit.

The thing about people evading penalties or being banned is that you can still take action against them if you catch them. I agree that we don't want to pull the rug out from under someone who got citizenship - it is true that 2 weeks can sometimes cover a lot of ground. So a few days then, would be acceptable to you?

I think we're fast approaching this point so I'll be the first to propose the obvious compromise - a week. Nice symmetry with the other checks too.

I motion for a vote.

@St George
Seeing a motion to vote, this is now in formal debate which shall last 5 days. After that, a vote will be scheduled.

The Speaker's Office will allow requests for a truncated formal debate period of 2 days.

Seeing a motion to vote, this is now in formal debate which shall last 5 days. After that, a vote will be scheduled.

The Speaker's Office will allow requests for a truncated formal debate period of 2 days.
Great. Please truncate it.

Back