-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie

moce_seal.png

Hello everyone and Happy Democracy Day! Democracy Day is such a special holiday in TNP for a variety of reasons.

Being the largest democracy in the game, our Regional Assembly is constantly working to improve our laws and the way our region operates.

Another tradition of Democracy Day is our Constitution booklets.

Every year, as a celebration of Democracy Day, the Ministry of Culture prints a pocket constitution and mails it (yes, through the actual mail) to anyone in the world who wants it, 100% free of charge. The booklet contains the full text of the constitution and bill of rights, and a few pages of bonus content that varies from year to year.

Today I'm honored to announce that we are opening the orders for your free constitution booklet.

While we have taken extreme precaution to ensure that your personal information is private, that does mean that we also have to take extreme care with mentioning it on NS onsite. Please direct any interested onsite nations to the GAs, myself, or Kasto as we have crafted responses that promote the project without running against NS rules.

Without further ado, here is the link to order your free pocket constitution!

bootsie
Minister of Culture

This year marks the 10th anniversary of our constitution. That means this isn't just any pocket constitution giveaway. If you've never gotten one of these before, now is the time to do it, because we're including some special surprises along with the booklet. What are they? Only one way to find out - by signing up for a pocket constitution!

Pocket Constitution FAQ

Who sees my form response?
Just me, COE.

Do you collect my IP address or email address through that google form?
No, I promise. The only personal information I receive when you fill out that form is your address. No names, no nations, etc.

What do you do with my address?
Print it out on a label, slap it on an envelope containing a pocket constitution, mail it to you, and permanently delete it. Nothing else, ever.

How can I trust that you're not lying about that? Who even are you?
You will have to take my word for it. If you ask around, particularly among the TNP forum admins or folks who were active between 2013 and 2019, people will probably vouch for my integrity. Also, this is the sixth year that we've been doing this, so if you ask people who have received a constitution in prior years, they'll tell you nothing unsavory was done with their address.

What's the deal with the random number?
If your pocket constitution is returned to me in the mail, usually it means the address you entered was incorrect. When that happens, I look at the number supplied with that address, and then give the number (but not the address) to a third party, usually the delegate, who then advertises that the constitution corresponding to that number was undeliverable. If you see your number advertised in this way, it means you need to double-check your address and fill the form out again. The reason to use a third party for this is so that if someone responds with "hey that's my number," or has any questions, they don't contact me and accidentally reveal their identity. Basically, no one can ever link a NS nation to an address.

Why can't we talk about it on-site?
Basically, the mods don't want us to solicit RL information on the site, and hey, I get it. This project is very careful about anonymizing your personal information and we are completely honest that we don't collect anything but an address. However, if NS mods set the precedent that users can ask people directly for their RL address on the NS web site, bad actors will take advantage of that. So it's really for the best that we keep it off the NS domain.

But why?
We just think it's cool! If you do too, please consider ordering your own pocket constitution!

Pallaith hinted at some special stuff cause this is the 10th year since the constitution was adopted. What is the special stuff?
It's a surprise! All I'll say is there's a special one-of-a-kind cover with an anniversary-edition logo on it that only three people have seen. You have to fill the form to find out what it looks like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back