Pride Day

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
eoJaCFpLwgebkBaFKDqMYnFu73noAg809XSMcsns4lL2ccjS24BFYkJ9jCnymCoFlrkDdyjI_l60gQvh49nweMXX0w1n8Rn6L5Np7YBHbtcSbAZXNTIxauHQsWcutdB30r0NEFPH

Pride Day

The North Pacific is proud not only of its democratic traditions, but its commitment to equality and justice. As we continue to celebrate Pride Month and shine a spotlight on our LGBTQ+ friends, family, and neighbors, as well as the full rainbow of our extended LGBTQ+ community in the world and in NS, I wanted us to take some time to reflect inward, and recognize and celebrate the LGBTQ+ community in TNP specifically. Like most regions in NS, TNP has its fair share of LGBTQ+ individuals, and they have participated on every level in our regional community, including as members of this cabinet. This is personal for us, and we want everyone in The North Pacific to know, while we highlight this incredibly diverse community this month, we are also explicitly, and specifically, celebrating those of you in The North Pacific who identify with that community. You make us better, kinder, and wiser, as we continue to expand our understanding and our empathy for those in our midst who until recently may have gone unnoticed or been misunderstood, if not downright alienated or excluded. We see you, we love you, and we lift you up.

By the authority granted to me under Section 9.2.12 of the Legal Code, I hereby declare Saturday, June 11, 2022, Pride Day in TNP. It will be a day celebrating not just our differences, but all the things that bring us together, that we have in common no matter our background or identity. By deciding to reside in The North Pacific, you already chose to be part of this community, and add your own personal dose of color to its tapestry. We come from all over the world, represent different colors and creeds and yes, genders and sexualities, but we're also all players in NationStates and roleplayers, members of the World Assembly or citizens on TNP's forum. We share space on the RMB, and on Discord. Pride isn't just a theme we're trying for the month, or a cause we champion. For so many of us, it is a lived experience, whether we are out and proud or keeping it to ourselves. The North Pacific is a home for all of you.

Pride is a celebration, so we want to do something special. Starting today and continuing as Pride Month unfolds, I encourage you to add your name to our TNP Pride mural, so we can see the various colors that we all contribute to our region's personal rainbow. A celebration day should not just be full of color, but full of music, so please also share your favorite songs, the ones that make you burst into song even if you're surrounded by a crowd. Or pick the most inspirational song, or the one that makes you happiest - let the world hear the sounds that bring you the most joy. And then join us for a special radio broadcast where we pick our favorites, and even sing along to them! And while many of you have already done this, let's see your personal pride flag. Show us the most colorful and well designed pride version of your nation's flag, and the person with the best design will win something cool. On Discord, participate in our special Pride Theme "Thursday" and take on the identity of your personal hero, the person who most inspires you and helps you find the joy in life.

I'm happy you're all here with us and I hope you never forget how awesome you are. The North Pacific wouldn't be what it is without all of you, and the world, in this game and out of it, is brighter because you, yes you specifically, are here with us. Happy Pride Day!

P.S. And a very special happy birthday to @bootsie and @Sil Dorsett !

Back