Deropia
Discord
Dero#2736
sc.jpg

Commend Bran Astor
Category: Commendation | Target: Bran Astor
Proposed by: Varanius, Co-authored by: Xoriet, Hulldom, Dilber | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,
Recognizing the nation of Bran Astor as a longtime contributor to The West Pacific (TWP) and their own region of The Sasquatch Republic (TSR), largely constructing the current culture and foreign affairs infrastructure of both regions;
Applauding Bran Astor’s undeniably impressive work for TWP’s Regional Message Board (RMB), which included both the revival of the Regional Guides, a program which was brought about to increase activity and spearhead interactions with newer nations, and Today in the West, an RMB project updating TWP’s RMB daily with holidays, regional ongoings, and celebrations, later also adding Thank You Thursday and Haikuesday, which allowed nations to express their gratitude and creativity;
Noting Bran Astor’s creation of TWP’s nation simulation program, a program they continue to maintain to this day by managing the program’s application process, continuously updating the initiative’s map, and encouraging participant engagement, which has allowed the nation simulation community to grow and evolve into something genuinely entertaining for all involved;
Astonished by the grand enrichment of TWP culture Bran Astor has cultivated, championing such programs as:
  • TWPride Month, a yearly event in which the region celebrates the history of their LGBTQ+ community, and offers its support to the many LGBTQ+ citizens of the West,
  • The Casserole of Humanity, where nations are provided the opportunity to “support” teams by changing national pretitles and flags and participating in RMB events, ultimately culminating in one team declaring victory over the others, creating an enjoyable and friendly competition nations can participate in,
  • OcTWPerfest, a month long activity where participants can request pumpkin-themed art and participate in card contests, along with other exciting activities, and
  • Midwinter Shenanigans, a regional celebration involving events such as a Secret Santa, Reindeer Death Match, Ugly Sweater Week, and more;
Lauding their revival of The Western Post through the recruitment of additional writers, allowing The Western Post to flourish into one of the highest quality monthly papers in the multiverse, regularly publishing updates on regional events, satirical articles, and comics;
Impressed by the cultural expertise demonstrated by Bran Astor in their dedication to strengthening bonds between regions through festivals and celebrations of community developed largely or entirely by their hand, in particular the organizing and designing of Burning Marsupial, a festival of art and camaraderie which includes extremely high-quality graphics, and the Festival of the Perfections, a colossal celebration of art, poetry, and literature which serves as a unique homage to creativity rarely seen in the universe;
Enthralled by Bran Astor’s establishment of the University of The West Pacific, along with their development of the apprenticeship system which has guided the University’s applicants to becoming successful members of TWP, their administration of the cultural segments of said university, and later their chancellorship of the institution, all of which improved the quality of education provided;
Admiring Bran Astor's dedication to TWP's foreign affairs, solidifying bonds with allies old and new through treaties with:
  • The Pacific, which carried on the legacy of the The Holy Principality of Saint Mark by greatly enhancing a long-time friendship and cooperation between the two regions through the drafting of a treaty,
  • Karma, which championed an informal style of drafting treaties and began an emphasis on accessibility and true friendship in the foreign affairs sector of TWP, allowing new nations to get involved and new foreign relations to grow increasingly friendly.
Praising Bran Astor's contributions to TSR through their satellite state Illahee, founding what has come to be a vibrant community of friendship and camaraderie; a feat that was only possible through Bran's organization of such activities as:
  • Country Fair, a festival including recipe suggestions, photography and art competitions, and a rodeo sporting event,
  • Curling, a sports competition where nations submit teams, design flags, and compete in regional sporting competition
  • Regional Tartan, where participating nations create their own patterned tartans for submission with a winner decided by an impartial judge from another universe, and
  • Regional Quilt, an activity in which participating nations select from a variety of available patterns, with all selections ultimately combined to form a large quilt - signifying the unity and diversity of TSR;
Truly inspired by Bran Astor's unique and innovative impact on regional culture and foreign affairs, a footprint that can be seen all throughout the lands of TWP and TSR;
Hereby Commends Bran Astor.
Co-authors: Xoriet, Hulldom, Dilber
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Overview

The matter currently before the Security Council is the commendation of Bran Astor for their tireless work improving the Foreign Affairs and Cultural framework of both The West Pacific and The Sasquatch Republic.

Reccommendation

The contributions of Bran Astor to both TWP and TSR are numerous. The positive effect they've had on both communities can be seen in their championing of events such as TWPride month, OcTWPerfest, Casserole of Humanity, and the establishment of The West Pacific University, and the restoration of The Western Post in TWP. In TSR they've planned and executed events such as Country Fair, Curling, Regional Tartan, and Regional Quilt increasing regional diversity and unity.

The work to improve Foreign Affairs cannot be ignored either, with their successful drafting and passing of treaties between The West Pacific and The Pacific. Also impressive is their passing of a treaty between TWP and Karma, which was drafted using an informal drafting style.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting for the resolution at vote.

This voting recommendation was written in collaboration with our World Assembly Legislative League partners.

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch-Please Upvote!

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why MJ’s against it. I’d like to hear why the rest of you are.

But given how important I think this is, I’m breaking precedent and voting For.

I agree with Hulldom, I normally try and stay out of Commend/Condems, but I think this is sufficiently important for me to vote For.

I agree with Hulldom, I normally try and stay out of Commend/Condems, but I think this is sufficiently important for me to vote For.
Why is this so important?

Against mostly because I don't have fond memories of TWP's culture and foreign affairs actions under Bran's delegacy, but also because I'm against pet projects like TSR being put into commendations.

I understand why MJ’s against it. I’d like to hear why the rest of you are.

Would love to hear why this is so important.

Is there a non-compliance issue with the nominee?

Last edited:
It's a shame this is passing, given the inherent average-ness of the commendee.

But I guess the FA concerns (lol) mean it's happening.

Back